“Nice food and nice setting”
Review of concrete Blonde - CLOSED

concrete Blonde
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Kings Cross
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Nice food and nice setting”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had dinner here and the service was exceptional with the staff being very attentive. The food was lovely and not hard on the pocket like some other Sydney restaurants. The food was fantastic and we were left full and content. Great flavours and i would definitely recommend.

• Visited August 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Great Sunday Experience”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Tried the Sunday Roast at Concrete Blonde recently and it was fantastic. There was a great Jazz group playing and while the menu was limited I could have picked any dish on the menu they all looked good.. Settled for the Roast beef & Yorkshire pudding (after all I came for the Roast!) followed by a delicious lemon curd pudding. Service was good & the wine selection was affordable .It was a sunny Winters day..we sat outside and the vibe was great....can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 79suzannem79
Sydney
“Cool, Classy, Chic”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I went to Concrete on a Friday night at 8pm and there was a really nice mix of people. Not at all trashy as the Cross can be. We drank Lychee and Apple martini's which were fabulous. Food wise we devoured scallops, pate, dory and trout. All dishes were fab! Decliate and full of flavour. The service was a little slow at times, but lovely all the same. It's a great place to start a night out in the cross or for a romantic or just big group to hang out eat great food and drink.

• Visited May 2012
Sydney
“Cool & classy”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Went here with a friend and we both adored it. It's very quiet earlier in the evening but the vibe picks up later. Food was fabulous - the sashimi was divine. They also did a cute little Happy Birthday message for my friend with dessert as I'd mentioned it when booking, and gave us a terrific table. Go there!

Visited April 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Fast Festival Feasts @ Concrete Blonde”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Being a foodie, one of my favourite ways to participate in the Sydney Festival, is through the Fast Festival Feasts. A huge variety of Sydney restaurants participate in the program, from old favourites such as Aria to new restaurants on the block, such as Concrete Blonde.

For a few months, I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to dine at the new restaurant, Concrete Blonde. As soon as I saw Concrete Blonde on the Fast Festival Feasts lists, I knew the time had come. So, Ms C, Ms R and I went to check it out.

Back in the day (circa 2006/2007), more often than not, I could be found dining at the restaurant attached to the Grand National Pub in Paddington, my local at the time. Upon returning from a stint living in Hong Kong, and visiting my beloved restaurant, in 2009, I was disappointed to realise – the restaurant was no more. No longer the fine dining establishment, I had grown to love, it was now a gastro-pub. Not that it wasn’t still fabulous. It just wasn’t the same.

I am very pleased to inform you, the restaurant has now been resurrected – in the form of Concrete Blonde. Emmanuel Benardos, who had always provided me such exceptional service at The Grand National Dining Room, has teamed up with ex-Grand Nat Executive Chef, Ian Oaks, and opened Concrete Blonde.

The restaurant is nestled beneath Hugo’s Lounge on Bayswater Road in Kings Cross. The indoor/outdoor space is styled with a modern, industrial feel, complete with an open kitchen, and a sleek bar, for pre/post dinner drinks.

The service was impeccable. The food was exceptional, and lived up to my impossibly high expectations. Expertly prepared, beautifully presented, I was not disappointed.

The Fast Festival Feasts deal: $30 – includes: Main Course: Slow Roasted Mirrool Creek Lamb Shoulder, Soft Polenta, Trussed Cherry Tomatoes, Baby Zucchini, Red Wine Jus, with a glass of Barossa Valley Shiraz.

Concrete Blonde is sure to become a hot favourite in the Kings Cross dining scene, and a regular on my Sydney dining rotation.

Shannon