“Fantastic tour”

Ranked #46 of 371 Tours in Sydney
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our Detours. Sharing Sydney’s untold stories. Since launching in 2008 with little more than a 1964 vintage Holden, our approach to tourism has always been offbeat. Today, as a family-run cultural tourism enterprise, we pride ourselves in offering authentic, thrilling and intimate insights into the city we love and call home. We want you to become a local in a day! With a Detour for everyone, we draw on imagination and community to weave captivating narratives and unforgettable experiences. Join us today and gain exclusive access to our local network of indigenous elders, contemporary artists, iconic buildings, world-class museums, rare artefacts and so much more. It’s time to come with us on the adventure of a lifetime! Berangere & Richard Graham Founders/Tour Guide Extraordinaires
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This tour is a must do for locals and overseas visitors. The Sydney foreshore scenery is stunning and Berangere,, our guide, was very knowledgeable and very friendly. We even had a lovely, albeit, short ride in Richard's Premier EH holden. Loved it. Highly recommended. Wendy and Jo

Richard G, Owner at My Detour™ - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear Wendy & Jo,
On behalf of Richard & myself, thank you for taking the time out to write your review. I'm so delighted you enjoyed your day and also got to spend some time in Horace! We hope next time you visit you’ll also get to meet our baby girl Eleanor – she’s kept us busy recently hence our delay in getting back to you! Warm Regards, Bérangère

All reviews
"four hours"
"half day tour"
"interesting tour"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"walking tour"
in 6 reviews
"australia"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 1 June 2014

After many trips to Sydney we desired to take a private tour away from the city centre.
Our private tour begins with pickup from our hotel in a EH Holden.
Leaving the every day tourist routes behind we travel through Redfern and headed to the beach
with fabulous ocean views.
Our guide is a professional photographer and he gave me tips on taking better photos.
We went to scenic spots away from the crowds and a secret location for the best views of the
harbour and great photo opportunities.
Touring Sydney in a 1964 EH Holden was unique way to see Sydney.
I would strongly recommend this tour, we had an amazing time.
Thank you so much Richard we could not have asked for a better experience from My Sydney Detour.

1  Thank 173Visitor101

Hello again! A short note to thank you for your review. What a day it was! I trust you still look back at the photos and have special memories from the day riding around in Horace! Be sure to get back in contact and send some of the photos! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes, Richard

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I spent 5-6 hours with Bérangère on My Walking Detour and had an excellent walking day on the shores of Sydney Harbour. I really enjoyed the walking, the views, the stories behind the scenes and especially Bérangères company. As two other guests didn't show, I had a private tour an I enjoyed every minute. I also enjoyed the views on the ocean afterwards, walking back on my own to Rose Bay and the stunning views from Harbour Bridge. Thanks for those extra pieces of advice!

Dear Angela,
How time flies! A short note to thank you for your feedback. Since your visit we have welcomed little Eleanor into our lives. Be sure to come back and visit us – perhaps Eleanor may be your next guide! We have taken her along this special part of the harbour a few times now and she loves it too!
Best wishes, Bérangère

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is not your typical tour, and Richard is not your typical guide.
I styed at the Hyatt, valet pretty much saw and drove every hot car there is, but you can see their excitement every time Richard pulls up in his Holden.
It's a spacial way to explore Sydney. I had multiple tours with MSD, one of witch i took at night ,we drove over the the Sydney harbor bridge, MAGIC!
Richard is very informative and nice, for Easter he gave me miniature chocolate Holden's!

For you who don't know:
Holden is a classic Australian car

Hello again! While time has escaped from us, I wanted to thank you for your review. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experiences...and the chocolates! In addition to having a little girl (Eleanor), we have also been busy creating some new local Sydney experiences! Be sure to come back and visit us again soon! Cheers! Richard

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We spent three hours with Richard exploring Sydney - the city, the beaches and the bush. It was an absolutely fantastic experience... a must do for anyone wishing to get to know Sydney. A little history, a little philosophy, a number of beautiful vistas, and a lot of great conversation. We could have talked to Richard all weekend. We wish we had taken the full-day tour. One of our best city tours ever.

1  Thank Globetrotter167

Wow! What a review! Thank you so much! Since your visit I have been playing multiple games of hide and seek for the car keys to our vintage vehicle! Our little girl, Eleanor, likes to hide them! I look forward to welcoming you back again soon and continuing the conversation! Best wishes from Sydney, Richard.