“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Kings Cross
Description: Welcome to the chaotic brilliance that is The World Bar. We’re an independent music venue situated on the leafy Bayswater Road in Sydney’s Kings Cross. Once the venue was an extravagant bordello, a gambling den and the offices of INXS. Today it stands transformed as Sydney’s most charismatic bar and nightclub experience, The World Bar. Our maze of rooms, booths, stairwells and hidden areas is open for exploration 7 days a week, accented by an expansive outdoor terrace garden. When you walk through our doors you can expect an eclectic mash of music and theatre with bands, thespians, local and international DJs plying their trade. People from all walks of life make up a week at The World Bar. We’re also world famous for our Teapot™ Cocktails, a beverage designed for sharing amongst like-minded reprobates, in shots poured from the spout of a teapot. Like Kings Cross itself, we at The World Bar hope to embody art, mischief, music, and pride ourselves on being a LGBTQI+ safe space.
Reviewed 29 January 2013

AVOID THIS WORLD BAR & THEIR SECURITY COMPANY AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU WANT A LAW SUIT & POLICE INVESTIGATION.

At World Bar on a Saturday night (Australia Day) their tall African male security manager assaulted a close female friend after she tried to take photos of him. He started by pushing her and no World Bar/RPS security guards came to her defence.
When she asked him if he'd like if someone did to his sister he PUNCHED HER IN THE HEAD & SHE FLEW INTO A PARKED CAR and pushed her again after she tried to defend herself.
This was in front of the long lines and huge crowds all along Bayswater Rd with many witnesses and other security companies & guards to intervene. This was then reported to police and is under investigation with World Bar CCTV.

WORLD BAR & THEIR SECURITY COMPANY IS THE REASON WHY KINGS CROSS IS DANGEROUS.
WORLD BAR & RPS SECURITY MANAGEMENT CONDONE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.

4  Thank babbibelle

Reviewed 23 November 2012

What a great venue something for everyone, we started downstairs in the bordello then moved to check out all the levels.
Great service the staff know there stuff and are super efficient.
Different music & feel on all the floors.. you don't need to move to a different place if you don't like the music.. Easy!
Had a fantastic night the crowd was younger uni crowd but easy going and friendly.
Highly recommend if your heading out in the cross..
Have a blast we did ;-)

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Definitely go to World Bar. Probably the best bar in Sydney. The drinks are cheap, the music is great and the staff are excellent. they even have delicious food! Packed every night of the week. World bar is the place to party.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

People flock to Kings Cross on a regular basis, and I've been countless times wondering where the fun places are. This little establishment does some amazing things for the sheer size that it is.

Amazing DJs on a regular basis and the Pizza service there is awesome. I've so many fond memories of this bar and I will cherish them, thats not to say that I don't go there any more though. You'll still find me sipping on my Whiskey Dry's out the front every so often with the lovely people I always meet at The World Bar. I don't think any other place in the Cross compares.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

A very nice bar in Kings Cross. I've been in a lot better and in a lot worse, World Bar just does it right. Definitely is a place I would come back if my friends wanted to, but I'm pretty sure that if I was the one choosing I would go somewhere else. Is a very good and atmospheric place but simply lacks something to make it special.