“VERY popular bar!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Kings Cross
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Go for the choice of beers, live entertainment, assorted alcoholic novelty drinks served in teapots and the free wi-fi - then get out of there quick before the evening crowd pile in and take over!

1  Thank viviko

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were the oldest in the Bar (50's), but that didn't put us off, we like lively.Everyone was extremely friendly and I thought the beer prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The bar is a bit quiet until late, the party really starts during the week-end with a young crowd dancing on electronic music (mostly house, deep and techno) in a small room at the back. Cheap drinks and nice atmosphere (at the bar you can get nice vodka mix in a teapot!)

1  Thank Alexandre L
Reviewed 23 June 2013

very disappointing. After putting about 20 people on the guest list we were waiting outside in the 'guest list' line for 30 minutes whilst watching other people that we were with enter before us who weren't on a guest list. I had been told in an email I was to receive a complimentary teapot cocktail as it was my birthday. I lined up to get my drink for 15 minutes and then when asked about my free drink the girl behind the bar said she had no idea as she was new and said I would have to go back outside to talk to the woman in charge of the guest list and then line up once more to receive my drink. The staff seemed un willing to help and quite rude. The place was packed, which is not unusual on a Saturday night but a security guard told us there were hundreds of names on the guest lists.. As a small venue surely there should be some restrictions on how many people can be let in. We left after no more than an hour very disappointed

Reviewed 29 January 2013

AVOID THIS WORLD BAR & THEIR SECURITY COMPANY AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU WANT A LAW SUIT & POLICE INVESTIGATION.

At World Bar on a Saturday night (Australia Day) their tall African male security manager assaulted a close female friend after she tried to take photos of him. He started by pushing her and no World Bar/RPS security guards came to her defence.
When she asked him if he'd like if someone did to his sister he PUNCHED HER IN THE HEAD & SHE FLEW INTO A PARKED CAR and pushed her again after she tried to defend herself.
This was in front of the long lines and huge crowds all along Bayswater Rd with many witnesses and other security companies & guards to intervene. This was then reported to police and is under investigation with World Bar CCTV.

WORLD BAR & THEIR SECURITY COMPANY IS THE REASON WHY KINGS CROSS IS DANGEROUS.
WORLD BAR & RPS SECURITY MANAGEMENT CONDONE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.

3  Thank babbibelle