Lowest prices for your stay
Official Hotel
US$229
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$215
Booking.comUS$229
Hotels.comUS$215
CheapTicketsUS$215
1,352 results
All reviews jewel suite spa suite star casino adored suite rain shower walk in wardrobe room service wedding night lyric theatre in room dining the penthouse nespresso machine amazing hotel valet parking an upgrade mini bar standard room
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I'm a Sydney local and my boyfriend and I always get rooms in the city at least once a fortnight. So we know our syd hotel standards.

The darling is definitely my favourite hotel. We stayed in a jewel spa suite it's both our third time here but I hadn't stated in a spa room for a while. On the 14th floor with beautiful views the room is superb.

The check in staff were delightful and he even escorted us to the lift. The valet guys are also nice. It's good to see the staff aren't rushing their guests and it feels personal and tailored service. Which is what you expect at a hotel of such quality.

The appeal of the hotel is very luxurious and modern. The rooms are top quality although a few features like light buttons and window handles are starting to show wear.

The room service was delicious.

Toiletries are the best in Sydney. Beautiful molton brown soaps and shavers plus tooth brushes.

The bathrobes are luxurious and the slippers are top quality.

I loved the nespresso machine.

Sokyo restaurant in the lobby is great but closes Sundays :(.

The casino offers a lot of entertainment right downstairs so everything is close by.

The highlight of the stay was the spa in the room but I must say the darling should offer a bath bomb package to their guests. Something unique as the spa is so great

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amandaozz
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I arrived to the hotel early in the morning after arriving from London, only to discover I'd managed to leave my wallet on the plane. The receptionist could not have done more than she did to help me get it back. She managed to track down someone at the airport after a number of calls to various help desk numbers. She even managed to get the person to go to the plane and get it for me, so I could collect it later in the day. So, a very good start at the hotel. She checked me in, and I was good to go.

The hotel is located in the casino complex, but you wouldn't know it. The lobby area is modern and smart, but comfortable also. It's classy rather than tacky.

The staff, as already mentioned, are excellent. The guys on the door greeted me every morning as I made my way to work, and again when I returned - a small thing, but it was nice.

The hotel is located near Darling Harbour, a very easy walk from the entrance. I was on crutches after breaking my leg a few weeks before, so didn't explore too much around the hotel, but there were loads of bars and restaurants very near by. When I did eat at the hotel, I ordered room service food, which was pretty good, and available until late.

All in all, a good place to spend a little time in Sydney, and I'd stay there again.

Room tip: Try to get one facing the water.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank cleyton1
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Check in process was relatively smooth, jewell suite booked as it wasn't that much more expensive compared to a room. Was allocated onr the 10th floor, view of the bridge and the city. When going to the lifts I noticed an amazing scent they use throughout the hotel - it would be nice if it were noted as I believe many people have asked what it is; the Langham uses a very similar scent and they sell it.

I've been at this hotel before to visit guests but never stayed myself as I'm not a casino type and dislike Pyrmont/Darling Harbour as I find it quite tacky. I was won over last time with the amenities and room though so decided to stay here for once.

The rooms are beautiful - spacious, high quality materials and some amenities very generous. There are huge walk in robes with thoughtful different varieties of hangers, amazing high quality bath robes and slippers and very large Molton Brown toiletries. A dental kit was missing but delivered quickly to my room when requested - they come standard with 2 of the larger mini-toothpastes which is handy as the smaller ones are useless for more than a day and the larger ones only get 3-4 uses in total. I love the exfoliation bar that they have in the shower as it makes a good pumice stone for your feet and very rough skin, but it simply isn't suitable as a soap and it left me with deep red marks all over my body. The only place I could use it without moderate levels of pain was my buttocks where I store some fat.

I really like the bed linen and use of natural tones and rich fibres. It adds a luxurious yet modern feel to the hotel and is different from most 5 star hotels. I'm a smoker myself and I forgot what a luxury it was to smoke in a hotel in Australia! Ashtray was difficult to locate though and should be left on the desk or bedside table rather than hidden away in a cupboard.

I hate Nespresso and am generally lucky enough to always find traditional supplies for coffee making in addition to one in a room, sadly not the case here: no kettle or instant coffee. I drink hot water with lemon in the morning and large volumes of black coffee as a laxative, wasn't able to to do. They use the automatic sensor minibars which are getting more popular and adopted at many hotels now - not a fan myself as I cannot store items in there, but they aren't as terrible as people make out as you can remove items for 30 seconds to inspect. Prices are just ridiculous though; room service was moderately and surprisingly well priced but $16 or $18 for jelly beans or a packet of nuts is just non-sense.

I was told by the girl at check in that the gym was 24 hours, when I went down at 930 I asked her where it was again and she explained. She knew it was after 9pm so obviously wasn't educated on the timing and it wasn't a miscommunication. Luckily I located an Anytime Fitness only 5 minutes walk away so I went there instead. The gym isn't impressive anyway - very cramped with minimal equipment and lots of guests.

I found the bed to be quite comfortable and would get a great sleep there but the led's are slightly to bright and the heating system makes a lot of noise. Not mine, but people above/below. Im a chronic insomniac and fall asleep between 2am - 5am most days. Many new hotels have very loud heating/cooling related noises at that time of evening and you hear constant cracks/pressure noises with the walls expanding slightly. It's very, very distracting and it happens every 10 seconds or so. Nothing they can do about it, I'm sure ear plugs were on hand if my sleeping tablets weren't.

I like the hotel a lot still and will return.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ladyfitch
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean, modern and elegant. Big room and almost everything could be control by using TV remote control, like the curtains, lights, air conditioning. Service was quick when call for. Free Nepresso coffee was great. Valet parking was fan static service. My wife and I stay in a handicap room as it was the only room left that was available for the nights we wanted it turn out good as my wife had walking difficulty. So they was a Shower instead of a bath.
Darling Harbour attraction was just walking distant.

Room tip: I believe The Darling is the best of the 3 properties at the Star
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed for 1 night on business. Decor of the hotel and the rooms were quite chic and modern. Room technology is a nice touch, with everything from TV to lights to curtains controlled by a touch pad. Bathroom was very nice too. Overall, a very nice hotel.

Date of stay: November 2013