“Overpriced cheap and nasty food”

SkyFeast At Sydney Tower
Ranked #565 of 6,818 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: £28 - £43
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Offering an extensive banquet-style dining experience with uninterrupted revolving views of the city, Sydney Tower Buffet provides the perfect relaxed dining environment for locals and visitors alike. Boasting over 60 dishes prepared daily across a range of cuisines including Modern Australian, Vietnamese, Italian and Japanese, choose from a large selection of fresh seafood, salad, hot dishes and sweet treats on offer at Sydney Tower Buffet.
Reviewed 17 June 2024 via mobile

The quality of the food on offer ranges from "barely acceptable" to "unacceptable". Whether it was the tasteless cold seafood or the tough-as-leather roast beef, everything about this place screamed "cheap & nasty". Having said that, I doubt that many of the puffer-jacketed tourist customers would have noticed.

Date of visit: June 2024

Reviewed 15 June 2024 via mobile

It's been about 20 years since I last dined at the Sydney Tower, and unfortunately, my recent visit will likely be my last.

The overall atmosphere felt more akin to a crowded shopping centre food court than a premium dining experience. The restaurant was packed with tour groups, many of whom were hogging the seafood section, making it difficult for other guests to enjoy the offerings.

I was also disappointed by the lack of vegetables available. Aside from a few options in the antipasto section, there was very little in the way of fresh, healthy vegetables. The food quality was very average and did not meet my expectations for such a renowned location.

Additionally, the men's toilet situation was unacceptable. The smell was noticeable from the restaurant area before even entering, which greatly detracted from the dining experience.

For $120 per head, the buffet is ridiculously overpriced. The experience and food quality did not justify the cost, and it felt like it was worth no more than $50 per head.

In summary, my return visit after two decades was quite underwhelming. The decline in quality and overall experience means I won't be returning.

Unfortunately the view doesn’t redeem it in any way

Date of visit: June 2024
1  Thank bhrjnq
Reviewed 25 May 2024

Opted for the buffet with a window seat. Amazing view as the restaurant revolved over the course of an hour. Excellent buffet choices. All in all, with the welcome drink included, good value for a special night.

Date of visit: May 2024
Reviewed 12 May 2024

Great view, terrible buffet. Very disappointing, for $165 per head, very bad. Bad table right near a buffet station people standing over us the whole dining experience. Then to top it off the basically asked us to leave after 1.5 hours, no time to relax and enjoy. DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL.

Date of visit: May 2024
1  Thank Ina M
Reviewed 28 April 2024 via mobile

Has in our experience a really to high price tag for 2 adults with A$280. Buffet was bland and not tasty at all.
We added the “Premium” drink option (A$48)for my wife because she likes cocktails so much and we were told that she can order any cocktail from a server. Another server came and she is trying to order a Moscow mule. The server said we have only 3 cocktails and they are already premade. In my opinion, a rip-off.
Coming to the atmosphere. Carpet was dirty and sticky. Old tables and old chairs. Our table scratched some locations on the frame.
For this kind of price I am expecting a good dining experience not like that.

Definitely I cannot recommend this place to my family and friends if they ever come to Sydney.

Date of visit: April 2024