“Great Hotel”

Ranked #35 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Christchurch
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel was perfect for our 3 day stay in Sydney. The location was great for walking around. We were able to walk to Chinatown, the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, Paddy's Market etc. The service was great at the desk they always said hello to us and were happy to help us with our questions. The 3 single bedroom was very good, big and clean. There was heaps of room for us 3 girls. For the cheap price I would definitely stay here again. Finally, it's great that we got free wifi! (from booking on the website).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi J P,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is great to hear that you loved our central and easily accessible location, along with our friendly service. We are pleased you took advantage of the complimentary Wi-Fi offered as an exclusive benefit for our website bookings. The team at Cambridge Hotel look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Croydon
Reviewed 4 July 2014

very spacious room with classy modern furniture and a fine burgundy leather lounge and a great view of some of the city skyline
quiet location in a trendy area (Surry Hills) and easy access to the cbd
there are a couple of excellent bars just around the block with live jazz music

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Pietro P
Hi Pietro,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is great to know that the Cambridge Hotel was suitably located to your needs, and you took advantage of the local trendy area. We are also pleased you enjoyed the high standard of our accommodation and in room furnishings. The team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a premium double room from an external website. And arrived to see two single beds and a tatty room. Nothing like the pictures we saw.

I also requested a quite room, as we had just arrived from Europe so wanted to get as much sleep as possible (jet lag). That wish was not granted, but my confirmation email states different!
Our bedroom was 313 on a balcony over looking an indoor pool. We had the pleasure to be woken up every morning around 7:30/8:00 by screaming kids playing in the pool. Which echoed in the quad like area. I totally respect the fact that they were on holiday but also slightly pissed that we requested a quiet room and probably had one of the noisiest tattiest rooms going. Reception looks great, I just don't understand how a 4* hotel can have such a random shabby room!
Also NO FREE WIFI!! Don't book premium because it's literally not worth the money!

Stayed July 2014
Hi Charlottedd,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Cambridge Hotel, and for providing the opportunity to improve the standard and quality of our accommodation. Let me assure you that we appreciate your feedback and have thoroughly investigated this matter.

Your booking was made through a 3rd Party Website for a ‘Standard Twin Single (2 Single Beds), originally set to arrive on the 2nd July. As you are aware, from correspondence that you forwarded to us, you had mixed up your arrival date. The email you sent was sent to an email address that is monitored during business hours only and was not read until 8.15 am the next day( your new arrival date )

In following hotel procedure we tried to charge the credit card on the evening of your arrival that you provided at the time of the booking ,however due to payment issues the booking was cancelled.

After receiving the email on the morning of your arrival our Reservations Manager reinstated the booking and worked to have a room ready for you.

Sydney was very busy during this period and the original room booked had been sold prior to the arrival.

It was our priority to have a room ready upon your arrival after a long flight and the only room available was a Poolside room.

Charlottedd, Please do contact me directly on steven@cambridgehotel.com.au to further discuss your stay.

We are truly grateful of guest feedback in every instance and look forward to hearing from you.

Canberra
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I didn't mind the mistake as much as I minded the way it was dealt with. The room was clean and relatively nice though. I probably wouldn't stay here again. The money was eventually refunded to me but I had to go the whole weekend with less money in my account.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hi Tam309,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is vital in ensuring the continual improvement and development of our accommodation.
Firstly, I’d like to apologise for your less than ideal situation that occurred on check in, regarding your payment. This has been investigated and the staff member who served you has just recently joined our team and is still undergoing intense on the job training. While I understand the frustration this may have caused, I am happy to know that the Manager On Duty resolved the issue in a prompt and timely manner.

I sincerely hope you allow us the opportunity to provide a true Cambridge experience.

Brisbane
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Three of us, my two friends from Thailand and I from Brisbane. Yes, we did have a great time. The hotel is very good. The location is quiet. Only the parking areas are a bit small and narrow but being in Sydney that is understandable. Many thanks.
Andrew

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sharing your experience at the Cambridge Hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the location of the hotel to suit your needs. I agree our car parking facilities are can be quite tight for larger vehicles and we make this clear across all booking agents, however I’m glad it didn’t impede on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon.

Whangarei
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Glad I didnt pay full price for this "premium room" It was heavily discounted but if you ask me, the discounted rate was about what it was worth. Certainly not a premium room. The location was a 10 minute walk to the Train Station, but it was close to a few different takeaways for food. Also having a supermarket closeby was handy. The pool and spa are internal and attached to each other. The spa was the same temperature as the pool, and not the temperature which would be expected from a spa, definitely more of a moderate/cool warmth. The complimentaries were lovely, loved the bright colours. There was no compendium/Guest Book so we had no idea how to use the safe etc. We only discovered there were tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge when we randomly opened the cupboard. Thats what compendiums/guest books are for...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hi Sarah J,

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing the opportunity to improve the quality of our accommodation. We pride ourselves on the level of service and cleanliness of all our rooms and I apologise you didn’t experience this. While we do provide compendiums in every room, our front desk is available 24/7 should you require any further information or assistance throughout your stay.
The pool and spa are adjoined; therefore the spa is the same temperature as the pool.
It is great to know you loved the bright colours of the amenities offered. I sincerely hope that I have further explained your situation and we can welcome you back soon for a true Cambridge experience.

Bright
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My son is very ill and I had to make a quick trip to Sydney. My stay at Cambridge Hotel provided me a quiet haven to regroup before I had to go out and face this difficult time. The room was lovely and I was givena roomaway from the elevator that I had requested. I am very grateful for the affordable and comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi Maureen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our accommodation provided you with the relaxing break that you required; it’s great you found the location ideal and the accommodation to be high value for money. The team at Cambridge send there best wishes to you and your son during this difficult time.