3,621 results
All reviews great location goulburn street museum station rooftop pool elizabeth street hyde park large room world square would stay here again good size darling harbour public transport per day buffet breakfast surry hills central location an easy walk
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel is in a fantastic location, only a few blocks walk to central station. This makes it a great place to stay for a concert etc in homebush as it is easy to get around. The hotel is clean , new and modern , but not very flashy, so if you are looking for something 'classy and opulent' this is'nt for you, but if you want convinience and comfort this place is great. The view we got was hideous so ask for a room not facing the back of an old closed down building if this matters to you. I have stayed at the Vibe hotel near Milsons point once and got a GREAT view. the beds were comfy and the room was quite spacious for an inner city hotel. The little restuarnat downstairs does a great cheap feed with a feww glass of wine. The parking is not at the hotel but is across the road so get ready to haul your bags a fair way. Also the hotel freezes $200 on your credit card which is a little steep. Overall though I was happy and we would sty again .

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Brooke T,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the room and the location of our hotel in the city.
As we are in the middle of the city we are not offering any particular views as we are surrounded by other buildings. What we do offer is a great sized room, nice and friendly service and some great different decor in comparison to other hotels in the neighbourhood.
The cafe on the ground floor offers a variety of foods from 07.00 AM to 10.30PM and we are pleased to advise that the dinner menu has just been changed so we now offer a new Dinner winter menu to all our guests.
Parking is across the street but you can drop of your bags before heading over there next time you come to stay with us, we would happily look after them for you.
Once again thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My son's wedding was at the Vibe in June 2012. I decided to stay there for the night before and the night of the wedding. I also booked a room for my elderly disablied father.Both rooms were on the same floor as the reception which was very convenient for my dad. The overall experience was very pleasant with a very spacious and comfortable room. The wedding was brilliant with compliments to the wedding planner Meaghan. One negative point was the parking, or lack of it outside of the hotel to access the foyer. It was very wet when we arrived and found the only spot outside the hotel taken up by a shuttle bus. I waited for a length of time thinking it was waiting for passengers but no he was just there in case anyone wanted a ride. I ended up parking in a bus stop zone as my father is unable to walk any distances at all and I needed to get him onto one of the lounges in the foyer while I took the car to the parking station. I noticed that same bus was parked there most of the weekend and in fact had the same difficulty with getting my dad to the car on leaving the hotel. I think the hotel needs to have a drop off zone in front of the hotel or discourage the same bus from parking there on a semi-permanent basis. Other than that all went well - check out took time but the hotel was extremely busy that morning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Bev B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the wedding went well at the hotel.
Meagan is a great asset to the team and she always works very hard to make sure everything works out well when we have conferences or weddings in house.
I will pass your feedback onto her today.
In regards to the parking scenario outside of the hotel then I have to admit that it is optimal to any of us. There is one parking space which is for parking up to 15 minutes only. The rest is an actual bus stop and it is highly inconvenient to all of our guests.
As we are in the middle of the city there is very little we can do about this and we are sorry this caused so much trouble for you and your father.
I suggest that you call the hotel next time you come to stay with us so we can assist you into the hotel.
Again thank you very much for your feedback, I will share it with the team today.
We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The hotel is clean and tidy, the room also but the staff were so lacking in personality and attitude. My reservation was completely stuffed up and there was no word of apology or explanation, I felt like more of an inconvenience than a paying guest and they begrudgingly found me a room after they accepted that i did , after all, have a valis reservation. Not impressed and I won't be back again. They seem to sell themselves as being a trendy, almost 'hip' place to stay but there's certainly no substance behind the style.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear CBSteve,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with your booking, but the system from the third party website was down and we did not receive the information as we should have. I can only apologize and I hope you can forgive us for the confusion this caused.
Our guests are never an inconvenience, quite the contrary. I really appreciate your feedback and I will raise this with the team today.
I hope you will give us another chance in the future as I am sure your experience would have been very different had the booking been in the system to begin with.
Again please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

we stayed 4 nights in this hotel June 2012.The taxi driver had no problem locating this hotel.Along the St George,about 5 mins walk are many food outlets.the 2 pizza outlets our favourite.Right in front of the hotel ( on the left) is a big supermarket selling many types of Asia products.Our room was cleaned every day.We fully made use of the tea/coffee and a fridge to prepare our breakfast.Taking taxi is not a problem ,Vibe Sydney is located along a main street.The front staff are helpful and friendly

Room Tip: A 10 minutes walk to the central Train/Bus Station where one can start the city tour.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Mohdzain50,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you found our location to be great as well as the room amenities.
We hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed 4 nights here. That was our 1st time in Sydney. Was excellent base to explore the city (key places in walking distance) and connect to airport (central or museum stations, which have direct link to airport 5 min walk, though taxi for 2 people would be the same cost as train).
If you are looking for good value for money on your meals there is nice food court in China Towns Market City on top floor (this is 5-10 min walk from hotel).
Apart from location I really didn't find much in this hotel. Staff was indifferent - asked 2 times to help us with converter (european to australian) were advised to go to convenience shop. Internet is at quite high surcharge. Room service was OK, but corridors could be cleaner. Overall would expect a bit higher standard for the price they charge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulVilnius
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear Vilnius,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am sorry to hear that we could not help you with a converter but we do offer them on the front desk. All of them might have been in use as lots of European guests stays with us all the time. We should none the less have tried to help you a bit further so I apologies for this not happening. Our corridors are cleaned twice a day, but I will follow up on your comment as well.
I am glad that you enjoyed your room and room service and I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.