3,588 results
All reviewsgreat locationgoulburn streetmuseum stationrooftop poolelizabeth streethyde parklarge roomworld squarewould stay here againgood sizedarling harbourpublic transportper daybuffet breakfastsurry hillscentral locationan easy walk
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here last weekend for a party weekend, it was so close to everything. Museum station is just one block away so easy to get from the airport, quick and cheap. The rooms are a very good size with lots of mirrors for us girls, I also like to compliment the security of the property, we felt very safe getting in and out late a night. The best thing about this property is the location it's walking distance to all the pubs, clubs, restaurants and shops. Everything at our door step.
I have no hesitation recommending this property, next time I'm in town I will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Our twin room was spacious enough it had a 4 seater couch and coffee table, so we felt comfortable to invite people over for a drink before we went out.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear MelbourneLisha,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are very pleased to hear that you and the girls enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you very soon again.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed on business for two nights and on my last morning I had no hot water. When I checked out, the reception staff didn't show any interest in my feedback and were more concerned about what I had used from the mini bar. I do understand that sometimes there are problems, but by not acknowledging it, or even asking me questions about the fault, left me feeling very disappointed with the overall stay. I pity the person who stays next in my room. I certainly won't be back. By far, my worst hotel stay in 2012.

1  Thank Baldtotravel
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear PeterEmerald,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am very sorry to hear that you did not think our team members cared about you and the issue you had experienced while staying with us.
The hot water issue was actually unscheduled and unannounced work on the main water pipe outside on Elisabeth Street by the council and we tried frantically to work out what the issue was to inform all our guests.
I am really sorry you did not feel we cared but we absolutely did.
I would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade next time you come to stay with us if you feel you want to give us another chance.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Enjoyed our stay at the Vibe- great location, walk to Crown St in Surrey Hills, my fav for food.
Friendly staff and even had a swim in the pool.

Dear Deborah W,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the location of our hotel.
We hope to see you very soon again.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was a guest on business for 3 nights and then paid myself for another 4 nights and was very disappointed in this hotel and the service offered by the reception and housekeeping. Two nights I had no hot water for a shower, in the middle of winter and reception couldn't tell me why or offer me another room let alone an upgrade. I was told on my first night when I spoke with reception that I hadn't let it run long enough! The response after the second night without hot water was " we'll have a think and get back to you", still waiting.
I contacted reception upon my arrival back home about a trench coat I dropped in the elevator or foyer and I am still waiting for a call back a week later in spite of leaving multiple contact numbers.
The beds were hard and the pillows were hard also. Won't be staying here again

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Dear Traveller4Northcoast,
Firstly thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback and we try to learn from our guests experiences all the time.
May I start by apologizing about the lack of hot water. The council had "forgotten “to inform the hotel about working on the water mains on Elisabeth Street for 2 days and we were left without hot water for periods in that time. We very sorry for this and we will be offering you another complimentary stay with us should you wish to give us another chance.
The reception should have been more helpful but, we were in fact investigating this issue internally and it was not until we walked around the block we found out about the actual situation. I apologise for the lack of responsiveness as the team should have returned to you with an answer.
Your coat was never found in the hotel and my Duty Manager has left you messages regarding this so we have actually gotten back to you in this regard. We are sorry you lost your coat but we are not responsible for items that are not found within the hotel premises.
The bed and pillows in your room are brand new, our beds are a standard medium in hardness and we don't normally get complaints about them but I will inspect the room today to check it for myself.
I am sorry you did not have a good time while you stayed with us, but I hope you will give us another try in the future.
We would be delighted if you would give us another try.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I attended a conference hosted in the hotel. We booked a room with queen size bed through a travel agent, also stating we would be arriving around noon. Upon arrival we were told to come back in two hours as our room was not ready. After two hours we returned and was given our room, which had two single beds, one cup and one teabag. When we asked to be moved to a room with a queen sized bed, we were told there was no rooms available and that we could just move the two beds next to each other instead. We were told to come back the next morning to get another room. When we got there the next morning, we were told to come back after 2pm as we would be allocated another room 'for sure', but when we got there we were told again that there were no rooms available and that we could come back the next morning to get a new room. The next morning we were told to come back after 2pm so we could get our new room. That afternoon we were finally given a new room. When we finally got to the new room and just settled in, someone showed up to come and check the minibars as nobody had done it before we moved in! We were assured that we would not be charged for what was used before we moved in, I will be checking this to see whether we are charged. Also, in the time we stayed in the dodgy first room, the tea or milk was never topped up. The bathroom was not cleaned properly, and we had a view of the backs of buildings all around as we were stuck on the second floor. We had to go and get new room cards at some stage as the cards would not work as we supposedly had it next to a mobile phone in our pocket. I would not recommed this hotel to anybody. It is a good location but the service is very bad. Don't trust the ads, I will not stay there again if I can help it. I also read that someone had problems getting the $100 back which was kept from their credit card, despite the room being prepaid. Our room was also prepaid, so I will be checking to see whether anything was kept back from my credit card. Breakfast had an average spread. Location was good but don't get stuck on the lower floors, all you will see is the backs of buildings.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up will have better views. Specify your arrival time if coming before 2pm, as you will have to wait. Specify is you want a queen size bed, else you will be stuck in a 'double room' with two single beds and one coffee cup.
1  Thank Maryna B

Dear Maryna B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am very sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience while staying with us.
When booking through a travel agent you should always confirm that your bedding configuration has been confirmed by the hotel. In your case a request was made, but as it is only a request then we do not guarantee this as others have specifically booked the rooms with the bedding configuration guaranteed. The best way of making sure you room has the desired bedding configuration is to book directly with the hotel. I also have to add that you need to speak to your travel agent as they are misleading you when you are told we will have a room ready for you at noon. We don’t guarantee any rooms are ready for check in before 2.00PM. This information is all over our website and your travel agent is clearly not knowing what they are doing giving you false information.
I have to apologise for the team not giving you the correct information about when to come to the front desk to change rooms. As the hotel was fully booked we obviously needed to get you a cleaned room and that takes time. Our first suggestion was to come to your room and move the beds together on the first night, we offered you this as the hotel was fully booked, but you declined that offer. Our second offer was to room move you the following day which we did at 2.00PM. The rooms are cleaned daily by our housekeeping team and they also restock tea, coffee and milk and they change the towels if they are visibly dirty or left in the bathtub by our guests as part of a "green clean" Our Minibar attendant went to your room as soon as she was informed that you had been room moved and we are sorry that this did not happen before you had settled in there. You have not been charged for any minibar; also the $100.00 we blocked for incidentals on your credit card was released upon check out.
In regards to your view from your room then you must speak to your travel agent as we are inner city hotel. We don't offer any particular views as we are surrounded by other buildings in the middle of the city. We are sorry you had a room that did not have the best view but we don’t and will never guarantee any view when you stay with us. We simply cannot do that.
Room keys do have a tendency to demagnetize if kept close to credit cards or mobile phones and we are sorry you had issues with your cards when you stayed with us. Overall I think we tried to help you were we could, and that you hold us responsible for things that you travel agent have misinformed you about before arriving. We want our guests to be happy when they stay with us and we do what we can to sort out problems as they occur. I think we need to be given a fair go as well to deliver the services that are required.
I am really sorry that you left us with such a bad impression as I want all our guests to enjoy their time with us while staying. I would like to offer you a free upgrade next time you come to stay as I am sure you will love our service when you visit a second time. Please contact me directly so I can personally make sure you will be looked after then.