“Clean, spacious and great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vibe Hotel Sydney

Vibe Hotel Sydney
Ranked #69 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean, spacious and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Room was very modern and clean, as was the bathroom. Liked the extra space that usually doesn't come with hotels in the inner city. It is about a block away from World Square Shopping Centre and 5 minutes walk from George St. Quite a safe area as well, from my experience. Museum railway station is also not far. I was very impresses, especially for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear elle_g11,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, its space and the cleanliness.
We would be very pleased to see you again and we hope that you will choose our hotel next time you travel to Sydney.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

The bed was very very hard. The room was large and comfortable otherwise and it felt pretty clean. The location was the best part; we walked EVERYWHERE and never felt like we were too far from anything we wanted to see.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ktrixie
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Ktrixie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the room to be large and comfortable. I will inspect your room and check the bed today so we can have it serviced if need be. I am sorry to hear that it was uncomfortable as that is totally unacceptable.
We hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future at some stage and that you will chose Vibe Hotel Sydney for your next visit in our great city.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We enjoyed two rooms with connecting door (was not problem to get that) in that hotel and got additional service due to missing luggage in the first day.
Perfect to walk to all major (touristic) sites by foot.
We like the roof pool as well (although winter time).
Only drawback: no free wifi (but we learnt, that this is usual in Australia).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank haktus
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Haktus,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to help you with your luggage. The hotel is very central to most things in Sydney and we love our location.
WIFI is as you wrote more expensive in Australia than in Europe, but we do offer all our guests to use the internet kiosks located in the lobby instead as a convenience.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here last weekend for a party weekend, it was so close to everything. Museum station is just one block away so easy to get from the airport, quick and cheap. The rooms are a very good size with lots of mirrors for us girls, I also like to compliment the security of the property, we felt very safe getting in and out late a night. The best thing about this property is the location it's walking distance to all the pubs, clubs, restaurants and shops. Everything at our door step.
I have no hesitation recommending this property, next time I'm in town I will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Our twin room was spacious enough it had a 4 seater couch and coffee table, so we felt comfortable t...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Dear MelbourneLisha,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are very pleased to hear that you and the girls enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you very soon again.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed on business for two nights and on my last morning I had no hot water. When I checked out, the reception staff didn't show any interest in my feedback and were more concerned about what I had used from the mini bar. I do understand that sometimes there are problems, but by not acknowledging it, or even asking me questions about the fault, left me feeling very disappointed with the overall stay. I pity the person who stays next in my room. I certainly won't be back. By far, my worst hotel stay in 2012.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Baldtotravel
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear PeterEmerald,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am very sorry to hear that you did not think our team members cared about you and the issue you had experienced while staying with us.
The hot water issue was actually unscheduled and unannounced work on the main water pipe outside on Elisabeth Street by the council and we tried frantically to work out what the issue was to inform all our guests.
I am really sorry you did not feel we cared but we absolutely did.
I would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade next time you come to stay with us if you feel you want to give us another chance.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Enjoyed our stay at the Vibe- great location, walk to Crown St in Surrey Hills, my fav for food.
Friendly staff and even had a swim in the pool.

Dear Deborah W,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the location of our hotel.
We hope to see you very soon again.

North coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was a guest on business for 3 nights and then paid myself for another 4 nights and was very disappointed in this hotel and the service offered by the reception and housekeeping. Two nights I had no hot water for a shower, in the middle of winter and reception couldn't tell me why or offer me another room let alone an upgrade. I was told on my first night when I spoke with reception that I hadn't let it run long enough! The response after the second night without hot water was " we'll have a think and get back to you", still waiting.
I contacted reception upon my arrival back home about a trench coat I dropped in the elevator or foyer and I am still waiting for a call back a week later in spite of leaving multiple contact numbers.
The beds were hard and the pillows were hard also. Won't be staying here again

Room Tip: Find another hotel
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear Traveller4Northcoast,
Firstly thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback and we try to learn from our guests experiences all the time.
May I start by apologizing about the lack of hot water. The council had "forgotten “to inform the hotel about working on the water mains on Elisabeth Street for 2 days and we were left without hot water for periods in that time. We very sorry for this and we will be offering you another complimentary stay with us should you wish to give us another chance.
The reception should have been more helpful but, we were in fact investigating this issue internally and it was not until we walked around the block we found out about the actual situation. I apologise for the lack of responsiveness as the team should have returned to you with an answer.
Your coat was never found in the hotel and my Duty Manager has left you messages regarding this so we have actually gotten back to you in this regard. We are sorry you lost your coat but we are not responsible for items that are not found within the hotel premises.
The bed and pillows in your room are brand new, our beds are a standard medium in hardness and we don't normally get complaints about them but I will inspect the room today to check it for myself.
I am sorry you did not have a good time while you stayed with us, but I hope you will give us another try in the future.
We would be delighted if you would give us another try.