“Pretty pleased with everything apart from beds not very clean”
Review of Vibe Hotel Sydney

Vibe Hotel Sydney
Ranked #80 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Stayed here with friends. Lobby is well-designed and beautiful and service was great! Our room overall was great except that I found the bedsheets weren't all clean and some questionable hairs.

Location could be better, you need to take a taxi to most places though.

I would probably rate 3.5/5, good value for money though.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear Iscream 789,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I appreciate your feedback in regards to the bed and the sheets, but I also hope at the same time that you informed the front desk so they could action this for you? You stayed with us 11 months ago and it is very hard for us to action this after such a long time. I will of course speak to the housekeeping team and point this out to them. All linen and covers are changed and cleaned on departure in all rooms.
I hope we get to welcome you back again in the future so you can experience the Vibe Hotel Sydney with its updated features like the pool and the improved dinner menu.

Hotel General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,347)

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Room was very modern and clean, as was the bathroom. Liked the extra space that usually doesn't come with hotels in the inner city. It is about a block away from World Square Shopping Centre and 5 minutes walk from George St. Quite a safe area as well, from my experience. Museum railway station is also not far. I was very impresses, especially for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear elle_g11,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, its space and the cleanliness.
We would be very pleased to see you again and we hope that you will choose our hotel next time you travel to Sydney.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

The bed was very very hard. The room was large and comfortable otherwise and it felt pretty clean. The location was the best part; we walked EVERYWHERE and never felt like we were too far from anything we wanted to see.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktrixie

Dear Ktrixie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the room to be large and comfortable. I will inspect your room and check the bed today so we can have it serviced if need be. I am sorry to hear that it was uncomfortable as that is totally unacceptable.
We hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future at some stage and that you will chose Vibe Hotel Sydney for your next visit in our great city.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We enjoyed two rooms with connecting door (was not problem to get that) in that hotel and got additional service due to missing luggage in the first day.
Perfect to walk to all major (touristic) sites by foot.
We like the roof pool as well (although winter time).
Only drawback: no free wifi (but we learnt, that this is usual in Australia).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank haktus
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Haktus,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to help you with your luggage. The hotel is very central to most things in Sydney and we love our location.
WIFI is as you wrote more expensive in Australia than in Europe, but we do offer all our guests to use the internet kiosks located in the lobby instead as a convenience.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here last weekend for a party weekend, it was so close to everything. Museum station is just one block away so easy to get from the airport, quick and cheap. The rooms are a very good size with lots of mirrors for us girls, I also like to compliment the security of the property, we felt very safe getting in and out late a night. The best thing about this property is the location it's walking distance to all the pubs, clubs, restaurants and shops. Everything at our door step.
I have no hesitation recommending this property, next time I'm in town I will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Our twin room was spacious enough it had a 4 seater couch and coffee table, so we felt comfortable t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear MelbourneLisha,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are very pleased to hear that you and the girls enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you very soon again.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed on business for two nights and on my last morning I had no hot water. When I checked out, the reception staff didn't show any interest in my feedback and were more concerned about what I had used from the mini bar. I do understand that sometimes there are problems, but by not acknowledging it, or even asking me questions about the fault, left me feeling very disappointed with the overall stay. I pity the person who stays next in my room. I certainly won't be back. By far, my worst hotel stay in 2012.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Baldtotravel
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear PeterEmerald,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am very sorry to hear that you did not think our team members cared about you and the issue you had experienced while staying with us.
The hot water issue was actually unscheduled and unannounced work on the main water pipe outside on Elisabeth Street by the council and we tried frantically to work out what the issue was to inform all our guests.
I am really sorry you did not feel we cared but we absolutely did.
I would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade next time you come to stay with us if you feel you want to give us another chance.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Enjoyed our stay at the Vibe- great location, walk to Crown St in Surrey Hills, my fav for food.
Friendly staff and even had a swim in the pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Deborah W,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the location of our hotel.
We hope to see you very soon again.