“Great location, efficient and friendly”
Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #42 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip - location is great, just opposite QVB and so within walking distance of the CBD and the harbour. The rooms are a decent size and well laid out, although the bathroom is quite cramped, but did have both a bath and separate shower room which was great. Usual amenities like ironing board, internet access etc all worked fine. Breakfast in the restaurant on the 2nd floor was very good and a great selection. My only advice would be to ensure you don't get an xx01 room as these are located near the lifts on each floor and you can hear the lifts working in the room.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that are near the lifts.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nickworld08
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are very happy that you had a lovely stay at Hilton Sydney and I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Michael Bourne

Write a ReviewReviews (4,640)

Reviewed 26 May 2012

The hotel is ok - the rooms are tiny. I had a refurbished room which was ok. Rooms in other 5 star hotels in Sydney are much bigger. But the worst part of the stay was the absolute rip off for internet access - $10 for 30 minutes!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank stel01
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I have noted your comments regarding the internet charges; the rate you mentioned is that of our Business Centre. However, we do offer complimentary WiFi in the lobby for all our guests; alternatively, if Executive benefits are included in the room rate then internet use is complimentary in the Executive Lounge. Another option is for guests to access the internet in the comfort of their guestroom for a 24hour period at a fee of $29.00. Please also be assured that our rates are in line with other five star hotels in the CBD.

Thank you again for your time and I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again in future.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I spend several nights in Hilton Sydney due to business travel. My overall experience and rating is good, however compared to hotel price level I would say from average+ to good. This is definately not a budget hotel, so you should expect high quality and good value for money. Hotel breakfast is very good, both food and service. Hotel gym is actually a commercial gym in hotel base floor, and that is also very good. Sleep quality is adequate, because some street noise does carries into the rooms -even when they are located on high floors. This might disturb light sleepers, like myself. Hotel location is central, very close to Darling Harbour, Harbour bridge and Opera house.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Jouni L

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that the street noise was of some disturbance to your night’s rest. However, I am pleased you enjoyed your overall experience with us at Hilton Sydney and we all look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

When staying in a hotel like the Hilton you expect a top class experience. Sorry, but the Hilton does not live up to that expectation. We stayed in the 25th floor and still were able to hear the street below. The noise from next door rooms was too loud. Sometimes you could actually understand every word spoken.
Well it didn't help that on Sunday morning at 7.30am someone from the hotel started to fix something with a hammer and nail.
If you want some quiet nice experience in Sydney, stay away from the Hilton.
In the first night I actually used ear-plugs to get some sleep - can you imagine.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel, probably almost 5 years ago, and am pleased to say it is just as good years on. For the price the rooms and bathrooms are reasonably sized and well appointed. We stayed in room 2226 which had a great view and was quiet. Small things make this hotel - complimentary bottle of water, apple in the room, bathrobe, slippers and luxury bathroom products. Towels are a nice size too.
The Glass brasserie for dinner did not disappoint but would suggest booking ahead to guarantee a table. For this type of establishment the brasserie serves a fantastic meal for the price. And the buffet breakfast (which is the Glass restaurant), is perhaps the single best buffet breakfast I have ever experienced.
Definitely worth checking out the Marble Bar too.
Hotel is well situated close to the aquarium, shopping (Martin place particularly) , monorail station and the Town Hall train station (airport line conveniently stops here).
Overall - would stay again.

Room Tip: They tend to offer upgrades to repeat customers.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your return to Hilton Sydney.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you were able to experience our fine cuisine in Glass Brasserie.

Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney in the not too distant future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed her last year for about 1 week. Great central hotel to enjoy Sydney!
Restaurant also v good .. only went there on our last night but had a great dinner and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you for your review.

I am so pleased you have lovely memories of your stay at Hilton Sydney last year and I do hope you will visit us again, should your travels bring you back to the area.

Sincerely

Reviewed 13 May 2012

This was my third stay at the Sydney Hilton, about a year since my last visit. This visit was so off-scale that it simply will not be possible to do better on my next visit. Initially, I had reserved a room at the Sheraton, based on the reviews and the fact that the Hilton prices were much higher. A good trick, though, is to check the rates from time to time, and they dropped quite a bit on the day before my arrival. I had booked the Sheraton with an easy cancellation policy, so that was no issue. I decided to book an executive level room, with my plan being to have a light dinner and drinks at the lounge and breakfast early next morning in the lounge as well before my flight home. Given the restaurant prices in Sydney, this would be a "break even" proposition.

Not surprisingly, my room was not ready when I checked in 2 hours early, so I asked if there was another room available. The woman at the desk said that I should wait for this one and, wow, was she ever right! I came back after doing some souvenir shopping and checked into a huge corner suite (actually, one whole end of the hotel). It must have been the King Master Suite (80 sq. m, 860 sq ft), similar to a large one-bedroom apartment with amazing bathroom! The views were also superb, at least for the location of the Hilton, with windows on 3 of the 4 sides of the suite. At checkout, I asked what I did right in my life to be rewarded with the room, and was told that they try to upgrade repeat customers who only stay for one night. So, there is a trick there.

Everything else about the stay was perfect - check-in, check-out, elevators, billing were all quick and effective. As others have noted before, the location is great for a walk to restaurants or to the harbor. The folks in the executive lounge were fantastic and had the kitchen deliver vegetarian-friendly snacks at dinner, since the options for me were otherwise limited.

I'll definitely be back again!

Room Tip: Watch the rates over time to reserve an executive level room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sydney

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our King Suites. Due to the high volume of business coming through the hotel each day it is not often we have availability to upgrade our guests to a King Suite; however, I am glad we were able to do so during the night of your stay.

We all look forward to your return sometime in the near future.