“Actually better than my favorite Brisbane”
Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Its better, but its still not home like Brisbane is.
The rooms, the breakfast bar (awsome), exectutive lounge was closed but well catered for.
We are always looked after at Hilton chain, but this like Brissy stands out as betterr hten the others.

Room Tip: Go Executive its always worth it
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish C
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Many thanks for sharing your review with us on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at Hilton Sydney. It is unfortunate that the Executive Lounge was closed for renovation during your stay, however I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon and experience our ‘new and improved’ Executive Lounge and facilities.

Thanks again for your comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney at some stage in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sydney

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed recently for a one night layover and overall was very pleased. I arrived around 9am from my overnight flight and although a room was not available they offered me access to the gym so I could shower. Breakfast in the restaurant was fabulous, as good as any I've had and the exec lounge was very nice. I had to call twice for my bags to be sent to my room but otherwise service was excellent.

Room was average size, very modern, clean, quiet, no complaints at all.

The only think I will add is that the location is great if that's the part of town you desire, but I wish the hotel were closer to Circular Quay. As a tourist, I wanted to roam the Rocks and take a a ferry to Manly beach and it's about a 15 minute walk to do so. There is a free shuttle bus but it was full and you had to wait a good 15 minutes to get the bus (on a Sunday). Location is not bad, just be aware of its location.and be prepared to do some walking to get to the sights.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelman91560

I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay; however please accept our sincere apologies for the delay you experienced with your luggage delivery. I have shared your comments with the team to ensure we are delivering timely and efficient service, consistently.

Thank you again for your time and I hope we will see you again in the not too distant future at Hilton Sydney.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Great location for business or vacation - barely 100m to left of front entrance on George Street is Town Hall station with easy links to Circular Quay, airport and elsewhere.

Arrived early morning knowing room wouldn`t be available but to leave bags with concierge. was immediately given key to gym, pool and showers to freshen up before heading out for the day.

Was upgraded as an HHonors member and both room and Exec lounge were spot on. Range of snacks and drinks on offer were as good as any other Hilton at which I`ve stayed.

The Gym is very well equipped and being a club is open to members and residents so it was busy but had a good buzz.

The Hilton employees were unfailingly courteous and interesting and friendly guests too.

Prices in Australia feel expensive to Brits and their weak £, so the Sydney Hilton isn`t especially good value right now but service was faultless and standards high so I was perfectly happy during my 3 night stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand, as a Hilton Honors Member, and it was wonderful to see that you enjoyed our service and facilities here at Hilton Sydney.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

During a month long trip to Australia, we had three different hotel stays in Sydney. Two were at the Sydney Hilton (the third at the Four Seasons as part of a tour). The room appointments and hotel services were fine and we enjoyed breakfast buffet in the Glass Brasserie.

The location of the Sydney Hotel is close to all central business areas sights, but does require some walking capability. In addition, there is public transportation close to the hotel that can reduce some time and effort.

During our stay we had a few lunches and a dinner at the Bistros on Five, in the nearby Westfield Mall. We also had a dinner at Doyles on the Wharf during our Sydney stay. The Bistro meals were reasonably priced and offered a good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed our location and we all hope to see you again at Hilton Sydney when your travels next bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is my third stay in the Hilton in Sydney. This time we stayed in an ex. room.
With a free standing bath, beautiful comfortable and clean kind size bed.
For the price you do spend on this room, I would have thought a coffee plunger or coffee machine would be in the rooms, instead of the crappy instant coffee. Regardless that we have access to the ex. restuarant, where we could help ourself to a nice coffee there. Plus no bin near the kitchenette. But really ......our stay was great. The staff were great, the express check out ..perfect. Great location. And great to see it is of a better standarded compared to the NZ or Adelaide locations

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you very much for posting your comments following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

An amazing stay at Hilton Syd, and some outstanding work done by Melanie and Juilette in particular to amend my booking, extend my stay and make a special weekend away with my very best girlfriend one to remember. As a diamond member I'm lucky to visit The Hilton chain regularly and Hilton Sydney is the benchmark property in Australia and never fails to impress. The exec Lounge upgrade was timely but you could almost have doubled the size again, totally full both nights. The relaxation room with spa was divine, and the extra special touches arranged most appreciated. Dinner in Glass was lovely, the Crab Omelette with Miso broth is so hard to go past every time, its so good I downloaded the recipe to try at home later. A swim in the downstairs pool and a spa and sauna, some shopping at the QVB and a wander down the street to the pictures made for a wonderful break, outstanding staff, outstanding hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your positive review about Hilton Sydney.

It was our pleasure to serve you and I am pleased you were happy with the helpful service from our friendly team.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope you will have the chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Everything about the Sydney Hilton met our expectations.. Upon arrival we were greeted politely and the checked-in process took less than 2-3 minutes. Our room was contemporary and pleasant. The airconditioning system was just right. The location is very central to everything. Overall it is a very good hotel...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our service and location, and we hope to see you again sometime in the near future at Hilton Sydney.