“Perfect location and lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Seoul, South Korea
“Perfect location and lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed here with a friend July 13th thru the 19th in 2013 (sorry for the late review, busy traveling and living). We had originally booked a King Relaxation Room but as a Hilton Hhonors Gold Member I was lucky enough to be complimentary upgraded to a corner King Suite on the top floor.

Pros:
Great location on George St. just opposite of the lovely Queen Victoria Building (amazingly lit up at night).
Super great service from the staff - everyone was so helpful and kind.
Super clean and modern facility.
Huge sweeping executive lounge with a large variety of food/drinks.
The Marble Bar was really lovely and the perfect place to grab a drink - without a line.

Cons:
Horrible internet connectivity - this is a sweeping problem across all Hiltons that I stayed at in Australia on this trip (Darwin, Sydney and Cairns). The connectivity was on par with Cambodia. If you're spending several hundred of dollars a night for a luxury room in Sydney you'd at least expect good internet connectivity.

Zeta Bar - hugely popular and awesome - but with a ridiculously long line. I guess the bar isn't really part of Hilton (independently operated or something) but the line was crazy long! Maybe management could cut some kind of deal to get folks who are staying on executive level floors head of the line access or something? I dunno...just a thought.

Would I stay again? Yes, even if I were not a Hilton loyalist I'd still stay at this property again. The location, service and just general beauty were truly memorable.

Room Tip: Higher floors will get you sweeping city views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your stay last year.

I am glad to know you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our facilities and service. I have also noted your feedback regarding the internet connectivity and we sincerely regret any inconvenience caused on this occasion.
Zeta Bar is indeed part of our hotel and is certainly popular among the local Sydney crowd, hence the lengthy queues you encountered during your stay - Our apologies for any delays this caused. However, presenting your hotel keycard upon entry at Zeta will ensure you enjoy complimentary access as a Hotel guest.

Thank you again for your comments which we appreciate and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed there in December as HH gold. Check in was easy, very friendly staff, was offered a late check out without asking. The room was not ready at 1pm, was directed to the executive lounge. Staff at EL even better. Good choice of drinks, nibbles. The breakfast was good too. Rooms nice and clean, perhaps a bit small. Good location of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Gold Member and naturally I was delighted to read that you were pleased with your experience at Hilton Sydney.

We hope you will return soon.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Booked into the Hilton as the summer rates were good for our 4 night stay. I usually stay at the Swissotel nearby so this was my first time at the Hilton and I was very open to giving it a go as an alternative. Great to have a room on the 29th floor - well above the city noise, and to have a corner of the building room which provides an additional window. However, by comparison the room was small and poorly laid out. The queen bed was a combination of 2 singles which included a cavernous gap in the middle which was uncomfortable. Surprising when there is no way that the room could accommodate 2 singles so don't quite know why they wouldn't have put an actual queen bed in the room. The bathroom was likewise very tight - no scope for 2 people to occupy it or get ready at one time. Not a fan of the opaque glass between the bathroom and the room - which when one person gets up early and uses the bathroom results in the room being lit by the bathroom light. Room service was prompt and very good quality, as was the spa centre. A request for a late checkout was quickly confirmed with a no charge 1pm checkout which was appreciated to fit in with flight times. Overall a good stay but doesn't compare to the Swissotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I am sorry that you felt disappointed about various aspects of your stay with us.
However, your observations and opinions are very much appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services, and monitor if we are meeting guests' needs and expectations.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Sydney Hilton on many occasions and it never really fails to disappoint. This Hotel must have the best Hilton service around - I always find the staff very accommodating and helpful. Hilton Hhonors recognition at this hotel is always great and the upgrade was much appreciated, thank you.

The bathrooms in this hotel are a particular highlight and the showers are excellent. The hotel is also in a perfect location.

Will be back again soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review with us.

We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and I am very pleased that you are enjoying your benefits and privileges as a valued guest of this program. We are indeed fortunate to be situated in such a grand location and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tokyo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Since several years I have stayed here many times because I maintained Diamond Status of Hhonors and therefore I got always a lounge access even if I just paid the lowest rate at the time.
But other than that, I do not find any good reason why I have stayed here so many times
I think the location is also very good and the room is comfortable too. But there must be the same quality like here in other places at more reasonable rates.

The biggest problem that I felt always here is the lack of the hospitality that I could feel in many other places in Australia.
The receptionist or concierge staff are not very ready to help guests.
Anyway I could accept the poor service I usually did not need much.
But I do not recommend this place to somebody that needs that much.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Many thanks for your feedback about your stay last year.

Naturally, I was disappointed to read that you did not experience the level of service that is expected of the Hilton brand and please rest assured I have shared your valuable and important comments with the Department Managers concerned. Your feedback can only help to improve our team and I appreciate your loyalty to Hilton hotels, as a valued HHonors Diamond Member.

I do hope, however, that we will have another opportunity to serve you again soon and deliver the level of service and hospitality I know we are indeed capable of.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Basically everything was good.
Great location which located right opposite QVB, walking distance to most tourist spot.
Room wise, it was spacious and comfortable.
Breakfast was good. There are lot of choices and service was prompt too.
However, no free in room wifi for normal guest. That's the only down side.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I greatly appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Right in the middle of the city, the location is perfection. The room was delicious and we felt very spoilt. There was no wifi in the room though although there may have been some in the main foyer but I can't be sure. Breakfast was to die for, best in ages but we've come toe spect that from the Hilton brand. Would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for posting your review about your stay with us.

It was our pleasure to serve you; and indeed, for future stays, we offer complimentary WiFi in our Lobby - You may obtain the password from one of our friendly Reception staff who will be delighted to assist.