“OK, if its a must”

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #38 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed at the HIlton and found the accommodation just OK. I was placed on the 42 floor and the room had some weird smell when you entered the room. It smelt like the carports may have just been cleaned and were damp. Not really sure what was causing the smell. Unfortunately there were no towels in the room other than a very small face/hand towel and no amenities. It is a busy hotel. The elevators take a very long time in the mornings particularly when up high and the breakfast room entry is busy with the conference delegates from next door hanging around. Certainly not the quiet experience one may be wanting at a hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank 63Bondi
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Sydney following your recent stay.

I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations, and I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you encountered. Your experience is not indicative of our normal standards I can assure you we have taken positive action to improve in the areas that you have mentioned.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The service was pleasant and professional. The location is god - in the mid CBD and within walking distance to Darling Harbour, China Town etc. The rooms were well appointed and the aqua vision TV int he shower was a fun touch.

1  Thank Jennie W

Thank you for your review of Hilton Sydney.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel's central city location and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

If you want a twin room DO NOT STAY HERE… You can stay at the inter-contential, holiday inn, just about anywhere and get two double beds. My friend booked the room in a rush and yes it was our fault that we didn't read the small print, but to me a Deluxe Twin Room is not 2 single beds it's 2 double beds.
The room is very small compared to other hotels I have stayed in. I am a IHG member, but my friend was a Hilton member so booked here. BIG MISTAKE should have stayed with IHG.

Room Tip: if you want a twin room DO NOT STAY HERE…..
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cassie-Valentine
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had a lovely room on the 26th floor and if you looked out to left of window you could see the harbour near Garden Island. Nice to have bathrobes and slippers and even toothbrushes etc. The only down side would be the typical poor hotel lighting. Overall we had a wonderful stay, very convenient to everything in the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kerry M
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and services of the hotel to your satisfaction.

Hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Sydney i January on a work trip, and was upgraded to a executive king room as I am a HHonors gold member.
The wow factor began the minute walked into the room, decor was modern stylish and room was spacious for a inner city hotel.

All conveniences were catered for, including bathrobes, free internet both LAN and WIFI.
Lots of extras are thrown in for the executive rooms including cocktails in the evening, free small bottle of red and access to the executive lounge on the 35th floor which offers complimentary continental breakfast which was above average with fantastic views over Sydney.
I used the gym in the morning, which was one of the better hotel gyms I have seen, but is operated as a corporate gym so expect it to be busy.

At a reasonable rate, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose an executive room for all the benefits including cocktails and canopies in the evening.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dasberliner

Thank you for your review following your recent stay! So glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in an executive floor room and was a bit underwhelmed and frankly disappointed. Check in was downstairs and a little extended but we eventually got into our room. The presence of other people's hairs in the bath wasn't the greatest welcome, but the room was a reasonable size with a lovely view towards the Town Hall. We had a cup of tea in the lounge early on and went back later for the cocktail and snack period 30 mins in - what a transformation! Evidently the lounge is way too small for the number of people that are entitled to use it in the evening - the staff had even opened the conference rooms to provide a few extra seats. The queue to be served with a drink was often 10 plus people with one server doing their upmost to look after customers. Some of the guests evidently couldn't read or chose to ignore the fairly flexible smart casual dress code and it was a shame the staff chose not to apply their own rules. Room service was quick, tasty and reasonably priced. We ate in Glass which was very nice although the service was a little stop/start. The Marble Bar was outstanding and we thoroughly enjoyed the impressive house band Larger Than Lions. From a tourist point of view the hotel is perfectly positioned for viewing Sydney and its surrounds.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brands_03

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

Your comments have been taken very seriously and have been shared with the team members concerned as it is feedback such as this which enables us to maintain and improve our services.

Once again, thank you; and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back should your travels bring you to Sydney in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here for business. It was my 4th visit in as many months. Sad to report the level of service, particularly for an HHonors member was not up to par. Yes the room I previously requested was available...but the mattress (two twins pushed together) was extremely uncomfortable, even after I requested they flip it. Housekeeping was good. Room service lacked consistency. The first time was poor. The second time quite good.
What irritated me most is that I was rarely, if ever, acknowledged when I entered the hotel. Not a "hello, nice to see you, welcome back" nothing. A colleague bragged that she was offered breakfast in the dining room. When I inquired upon check-out the clerk apologized and said the agent who checked me in should have told me. She gave me her card and asked me to let her know ahead of time when I would be returning.
Had lunch in Glass one afternoon with colleagues. I ordered a burger and requested they leave off the BBQ sauce. The waitress explained there would be an additional charge - for leaving off the sauce?! My entire party was stunned. She said there were no modifications permitted on the set lunch. In the end, they did not charge me. Interestingly enough, they didn't have any issue keeping the fixed price which included an alcoholic beverage that I did not order. Again...looking for a little consistency here.
I called security one night as I could hear fighting in a room closeby. They came promptly but when they didn't hear the noise themselves I was told they would only knock to check on a guest if it was after 1am but he shouldn't be expected to "knock on every door" on the floor. Very rude!

For $415+/night, I expected a greater level of service and attention - especially as an HHonors member. There are far too many hotels in the city to choose from. Hilton didn't live up to my expectations on this visit.

4  Thank gmt1102

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Hilton Sydney.

We really appreciate your feedback and extremely disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your review with our management team and your comments will be taken into consideration as we continually strive to improve our guest experience.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.