A large hotel in the heart of the city. My group arrived in a chartered coach and there was no way the coach could pull into the front door of the hotel and handling the baggage was a mess.
It is across the road from the Town Hall underground station, but just note that the station is not really directly below the town hall.
The rooms are all new and well appointed, but like so many of the new Hiltons aesthetics were put ahead of function. I stayed in a regular room and in a corner room and both had nice glass desks without a power point near them. (they did provide a universal adaptor which was a nice touch, but there was just no where convenient to plug it in.) The rooms are compact, perhaps even on the small side The executive club offered a nice breakfast and very nice drinks and canapes.
There clearly is an issue with the minibar system. I was charged multiple times for the minibar which I had not used. At checkout they were happy to adjust the bill, but the system clearly needs some work. The key system for the elevator may enhance security, but it was a major source of confusion. Often I observed people missing the floor they wanted after they pushed the button.
The glass restaurant has a wonderful selection for breakfast. If you pay for breakfast here you will want to have plenty of time to enjoy it.
If you will be using public transport to get around this is a great choice, otherwise I would consider some of the hotels in Darling Harbour or Circular Quay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney