“Good overall”

Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good overall”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is quite a quality hotel. Very nice for family holidays. We stayed for 4 nights when we visited in-laws in Sydney. Very close to everything in Sydney CBD. The kids love to play in the playground at Darling Harbor.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luhaohao
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and its central city location, and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you travel to Sydney.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been meaning to do this review for a while. The Hilton Sydney is very well placed modern clean hotel with the best hotel gym, good bars and good restaurants. The room service meals are excellent as is the breakfast buffet.
However what makes it stand out from other 5 star hotels is the staff. The front desk give a warm welcome no matter how late or busy. They are all without exception very good at their job. In the exec lounge you have staff like Jasmine that remember what you are drinking and the staff you meet in the corridors meet you with a smile and a greeting. I have had one problem with guests having a party in the next door suite and security was there in a flash and dealt with it.
I just had my 25th stay and they made me feel special, I have had similar milestones with other hotels and airline lounges and this is the first time that I have felt that it actually meant anything to the staff and management.
I use the hilton for business which means I am often stressed and time poor so it is nice to come
" home" to a smile.

Room Tip: Recommend an exec room as the lounge access is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hilton Sydney following your 25th stay with us.
It is truly gratifying to read your comments and I am delighted that the hotel’s facilities always meet your needs. It’s also great to see that you have found the staff to be exceptional. We have a great team of people working here and I will certainly share the details of your review with them as they will be pleased to know how much you appreciate their services.

Once again, thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great location on George Street but very pricey with cheaper options in the rocks. As expected Hilton offers a certain level of service and standard but I think there are cheaper options...check out the basement Marble bar fantastic atmosphere

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am delighted that the location and standard of service met your expectations. I do regret however that you were unhappy with the pricing as we do strive to keep costs affordable whilst still offering a great experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback which we will take on board moving forward.

Townsville
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have just returned after spending 3 nights at the Hilton Sydney, after a nervous start with a mix up on booking though a web site, and being 11 pm at night, it was all sorted and we were given a beautiful corner room. The room was spacious and extremely clean. I must say the staff were amazing, the girls on check in even gave us the names and address of wedding shops as we were there to find a wedding dress, and local advice is appreciated. We dined in the restaurant 2 nights and the food was exceptional as was the service. We enjoyed cocktails in the Marble bar and they were lovely and great service, we also went to the Zeta bar where we found a very limited range extremely over price and I would say the worst tasting cocktails we have ever had. But we did not let that experience dampen what was other wise 3 great days.

Room Tip: Corner rooms and spacious and away from lifts.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing Hilton Sydney following your recent three-night stay.

I am delighted to see that the staff took such good care of you and that you found the hotel’s facilities to your liking. Your comments regarding the food in the restaurant are most appreciated and I shall share these with the team in that area.

Hope to see you return soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Hilton Sydney is excellent. The rooms are modern and have everything you need. It's right in the middle of the CBD/Shopping centre, however the rooms are super quiet. Cant even hear the sirens on the streets below.
Always a line up of taxis outside the foyer, so no problems getting away easy and fast.
Views are excellent from the right rooms as well. The beds are by far the most comfortable in any hotel I've stayed in and the pillow menu is awesome.
Room service menu is amazing and the service is prompt and efficient.
I'd definitely recommend this hotel for any visit to Sydney whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Always request a high room if possible to maximise views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

It's great to see that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel's location and facilities were to your liking.

Hopefully we will have another opportunity to welcome sometime in the not too distant future.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Well appointed Hotel in the middle of Sydney. Great for business in the city or to get to all the sites if on holidays. Rooms small, but adequate. Great restaurant in Glass. Perfect for dinner and a fantastic Breakfast. The Bars are terrific for a night cap.
The staff are extremely well trained and are exceptional.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and facilities and that you thought the staff were exceptional. I shall certainly share your comments with the team so they can see how much you appreciated their service.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and hopefully we will have another opportunity to welcome sometime in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here on business and decided to extend through the weekend. We asked for an upgrade which usually gives you a nicer, larger, higher room plus sometimes the Exec or Club lounge facility. We were checked into a disabled room which was worse than their standard rooms! After words with the manager at the desk (it's now 11pm btw) we were checked into a standard room; they don't seem to have an upgrade option, so we just took the standard room for the best available rate. Their rooms are ok for one person, but it's a squeeze for two average-sized adults. Small rooms, paper thin walls, tiny tiny bathrooms. Our room was near the lift, so we listed to the lift go up and down all night. On a positive note, the cafe in the lobby is great! The location is good in Sydney, The Marble Bar is a must for one drink and the pool and wet area was wonderfully quiet when I went. Apart from the lecherous Asian stalker in the steam room who I eventually told to stuff off or I'd call security - Weird creep! but that's not the hotel's fault. Talking of security, when we checked out, we asked the Concierge to tag and store our luggage. They dithered and faffed about and 5 minutes later our suitcases and laptop bags were still lying there in reception. I decided to go to the nice cafe for a coffee and we just sat and watched how long it took them. Meanwhile any passer-by could have just picked up my laptop and waltzed off with it. I was furious. Eventually my partner confronted them about it and they sheepishly moved our stuff into "safe storage" muttering something about being busy....... NOT! If we hadn't kept vigil, I wonder if I would ever have seen my laptop (and my life!) again. So if you plan to do the same, make sure you supervise your luggage INTO the storage place otherwise it just sits in the lobby for the taking. If you are going to spend this amount of money, stay at the Westin or the Sheraton - much nicer rooms, good upgrade options, no security issues and still central CBD.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bertiebertram
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly, I am delighted that the hotel’s central city location was to your liking and that you enjoyed the facilities of Café Cino, Marble Bar and the Swimming Pool Area. I am however disappointed that you did experience some shortcomings and for this I sincerely apologize.

The matter regarding the Concierge department and the storage of your luggage is totally inexcusable and we are taking remedial action with additional training to ensure this does not recur going forward. I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, it is most appreciated as this only helps us improve for our future guests’ satisfaction.