“Always a pleasure”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brisbane, Australia
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and as usual greeted with a smile, Rooms spotless and passing maids friendly. Disappointed when was asked to pay for breakfast and when I pointed out the fact I was a diamond member and this was complimentary Julianna was not impressed and was very unfriendly or was it because I wasn't wearing a suit as y young son pointed out she was friendly to all the men in suits. Well spotted for a 12 year old. Maybe worth sending her to work with the maids for a week and see they have a smile for everybody.apart from that thumbs up.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was most disappointed to read your comments about the incident at breakfast as this is totally out of character for the team member you mentioned. We always strive to provide excellent service and I can guarantee you that what occurred would have been unintentional and an isolated case. I do however appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

In the meantime I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night at the Hilton Sydney. We arrived after a long flight from Taiwan at 9:00am in the morning. To my delight, our club room was ready for immediate check in. The staff on reception were friendly and efficient.

Our club room seemed small. The only differences I could see were that the room was on the club level, that there was a small bottle of red wine on arrival, and the bathroom soaps, shampoos etc were a larger size. Other than that, it seemed just like a standard room. The amenities were excellent.

The best part was the club lounge. Large and spacious with terrific views of the city, it was a welcoming space with plenty of little tables and powerpoints for people to use for their laptops. We were able to order room service to be delivered to the club lounge which was a great follow up to the tasty canapes provided.

The downside was the tables were not cleaned/tidied often enough. Also, children were allowed in the lounge which was very disappointing considering their noisiness and messiness really took away from the ambience. Why won't some parents control their kids? The lounge would benefit from having a kid/family friendly section away from the other patrons.

I did, however, see club lounge staff being very kind, considerate and helpful to a couple with a disabled child in a wheelchair. They opened up a private meeting room and invite the family to spread out in that space. I thought that was very thoughtful. That child was impeccably behaved but the parents looked relieved to have their own space to stretch out in.

Well done Hilton Sydney.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Sydney in February and for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your overall stay and that you were able to experience the friendly and efficient service that we provide to all of our guests.

Your comments regarding the children in the Executive Lounge have been taken on board. Under our policy we do not deny them access if they are accompanied by their parents or an adult, who are responsible for supervising them. However, we will share your views with our Executive Floor team in an effort to manage this closely in future.

We really appreciate your kind feedback and hope to be able to welcome to the Hilton Sydney sometime in the future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for the City2Surf weekend, and the hotel was completely booked out. This didn't seem to impact the service, with all amenities we used running like clockwork. Our room included the buffet breakfast and executive lounge, both of which were excellent. The evening canapés were great in the lounge, to the point where after a big breakfast at the buffet and a few drinks and canapés, we didn't actually get around to heading out for dinner. It certainly made the room seem like good value when we factored in not paying for breakfast or buying dinner. The fitness centre is outstanding and is larger than many commercial gyms (It does run as a full commercial gym including classes).

The room was comfortable, with the block out blinds ensuring a good night's sleep.
Location is good for shopping, although it's a little bit of a hike to the Rocks or Darling Harbour where a lot of Sydney's good restaurants are to be found. Town Hall station is very close for train access.

Parking was a breeze with the large apron area compared to the Swissotel around the corner, which can be a stressful affair if the little parking bay is full.

All in all - a great experience and one I'm likely to repeat in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

It is great to read that we made your stay truly memorable and that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge and our very popular Fitness Centre. I will be sharing your comments with the team so that they may know how much you appreciated their services.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hubby and I stayed here Saturday night as we were running City2Surf Sunday morning. It was one of the closest hotels to Hyde Park (where the race starts) that had good ratings and wasn't too ridiculously priced.

We stayed in room 2319 - it's on the south side of the hotel, a King bed room and small bathroom (shower and toilet but no bath) view overlooking George St and the nearby buildings.

Ok here are the things that we loved about the Hilton Hotel Sydney:
- The room had a King Size bed and it was very comfy with great pillows.
- It had a desk and love seat/recliner not that we used either, but they were nice.
- Small bathroom but very clean
- LOVED the TV in the shower - absolutely hilarious - I watched part of a movie whilst showering, it's got to be the weirdest thing I've ever done but quite enjoyable - lol :)
- The staff were very friendly and nice.
- The valet staff looked after our luggage whilst we were running even though we'd checked out of the hotel. They were very accommodating and helpful.
- The hotel looks great.
- Amazing location in the heart of Sydney, across the road from QVB, a short bus ride to Circular Quay and the harbour. A short stroll to Hyde Park.

BUT THE BAD NEWS:
-The noise from outside at Midnight when we were trying to sleep was unfortunately loud and distracting enough to stop us having a restful sleep.... we couldn't believe that not only can you hear the nightclubs downstairs thumping away til 4.00am in the morning, we could also hear car noise from George St. The room didn't have double glazing which I would have thought would have been standard in this style of luxury hotel. This is not conducive to sleeping for a 14km race :(
- They don't have blockout curtains, only thin fabric white curtains that don't block out the lights shining from outside and the buildings across from you. It's distracting when you're trying to sleep.
- We also had breakfast as part of our package and it was at the Glass Restaurant. The breakfast was nice and extensive with a very vast array of food to choose from; but.... NO PANCAKES. I was sort of looking forward to having pancakes to fill up on before the race and I was surprised they didn't have them (ok maybe I'm being petty but I've never stayed in a luxury hotel that didn't have pancakes for breakfast....) and I'd have to say that I was disappointed. I know it's probably not the hotels fault that I assumed they would have them when I guess they didn't, but after the night before I guess I was already in a bad mood and this sort of didn't help at all either.

I doubt that we would go back again. It's unfortunate but if you can't get a decent sleep after paying $339 for one night then why would you go back. It's a great pity as the hotel is in a fantastic location and really looks wonderful. :(

Room Tip: Room 2319 - don't stay here the noise from the downstairs nightclubs thumps through the windows...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Florence B
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly, thank you for your positive comments – we pride ourselves on offering excellent service to all of our guests and I am pleased that you experienced this. I am also pleased that the facilities, and in particular the location, suited your needs.

I do regret however that you experienced a poor night’s sleep and I totally understand how you must have felt as I too ran in the City to Surf. Whilst noise was a factor for the lack of sleep it’s such a pity that you were not aware that there are block-out blinds in the room as this would probably have alleviated some of the problem; the control panel for the blinds is located on the right had side of the bed head. Also, I am truly sorry that we were not serving pancakes on the breakfast buffet on that day , however they are available upon request.

In the meantime, I do hope that you had a successful run in the City to Surf, and perhaps we will see you again next year.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have stayed many times at the Sydney Hilton for work and have always been extremely happy with the consistent standard provided. The location is perfect in the centre of the CBD. The check in process is quick and efficient and the quality of the accomodation is always of high standard. The bed extremely comfortable and the pillows are amazing, with my favourite the push button blinds that provide total blockout! The rooms are extremely quiet without any peripheral noise to interupt sleep. The room service menu I believe to be rather uninspiring and very expensive - $28 for what equates to a toasted ham sandwich is plain silly and refuse to pay it. Word of caution also with the mini bar process of MAGIC automatically charges minibar items to your account even if you place something in the fridge rather than take something out. I put a block of chocolate and a can of coke in the fridge that I had brought at the supermarket and was charged $15. Once explained it charges were reversed without question but just be aware. Overall the Sydney Hilton will remain my preferred hotel whilst on business in Sydney.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your review regarding Hilton Sydney. It’s great to know that we always meet your expectations across many levels and I shall ensure your positive comments are shared with the team.

Lisarow, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Disappointing considering I had looked at many other venues and decided to save the Sydney Hilton for my very special 50th Birthday weekend with my wife and sons. The usual minibar rip off attempt (3 supposed items which weren't used) and failure to refund my almost $200 deposit due to missing paperwork and a very long check out was very disappointing and unacceptable, I almost missed my connecting train, small room, very office like in appearance, more like a visit to a Government Department than a 5 Star Sydney icon

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed that overall you did not have a satisfactory stay and for this I am truly sorry. The manner in which your check out was handled is unacceptable and this has been addressed with the team to ensure this type of situation is not repeated. Please be assured we are constantly monitoring our performance and it is feedback such as yours which allows us to review our quality of service and product in an effort to maintain or improve our standards.

We always aim to provide an excellent experience and I do hope you will give us another chance in the future so that we can regain your trust and provide you with an exceptional stay.

Kingscliff, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I really enjoy the Hilton when ever I stay there as they never let me down and their services are exceptional. I enjoy their beds out of the other hotels that I have stayed. Having access to their Executive lounge is a nice touch for meetings or just a quite space rather than the foyer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the Hilton Sydney. It is wonderful to know that you always enjoy staying here and that our beds and Executive Lounge meet your expectations. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.