“Ok not great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
San Francisco, California
“Ok not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

it is, as you would expect, a busy big hotel. The executive club is fairly low grade. While the staff are delightful and very helpful the offering in food and drink leaves a great deal to be desired. The rooms are larger than most other hiltons. It may be my stupidity but it did take me a long time to work out how to turn off the lights

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I am truly sorry our Executive Lounge did not meet your expectations; however, your feedback is most appreciated as it helps us monitor whether we are meeting our guests’ needs. In the meantime, I enjoyed reading your comments regarding our great staff and will pass on your appreciation to them.

Hope to see you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Heiden, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice stay for a week in the Hilton Sydney while attending a conference. Hotel is very well situated. Room was nice and modern, bright and clean. Hotel staff friendly and competent. The restaurant offered an excellent breakfast buffet, and the dinners I had there were also of a high standard. Service at dinner was excellent. The Marble Bar is very quaint and a nice place to go for a drink after dinner.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton Sydney following your recent stay. Your feedback is most appreciated and I am delighted that your stay with us met your expectations. I shall share your comments with the hotel team as I am sure they will be pleased to see how much you appreciated the hotel and its facilities.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and hopefully we will have another opportunity to see you in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very dismissive, innacurate phone operators when making multiple changes to group bookings for a business trip. A room booking went missing, and instead of the staff member trying to resolve the issue or be helpful, they were simply rude and dismissive, making me feel like a liar, when I had a booking confirmation printed out infront of me. The Hotel stay was fine, but checking in was a drama. I had spent more than an hour on the phone allocating names to rooms for our business partners, and in the end, none of it stuck. Everyone had issues checking in as their names were not attached to the room bookings. Unimpressed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Mayumi,

Thank you for your feedback.

As already personally discussed with your Managing Director we are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I was under the impression we had recovered and rectified all issues whilst you were here, therefore I am disappointed to see your comments on Trip Advisor.

For future reference, may I suggest when making group bookings that you directly contact our in-house reservations team at the hotel.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had a great weekend stay and felt at home. The check in process was simple and they knew all my preferences and was well arranged. I found that they were also able to suggest places for me to go based on things I have marked as interests in my profile. In short, an amazing experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Wow! Thanks for your great review. It is wonderful to see that you had an amazing stay and I shall pass on your appreciation to the staff as they will be really pleased to see how much you enjoyed their service.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I checked in at Hilton on Aug 15th 2014 for our anniversary and from the word get go, we were made to feel as valued customers. Check in was quick and efficient. Our room was faultless. Though we had trouble with our heater, it was dealt with promptly. Nothing was too much. I called Magic quite a few times for little things as I also had my little baby with me and needed extra stuff, and they were only too happy to help. On top of this, the hotel manager Felix Busch had personally written us a card greeting us happy anniversary, along with complimentary choc and wine. Thank you so much Hilton. We will be back. - Lovelle

• Stayed August 2014
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that all went well for you and I hope you had a wonderful anniversary celebration.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great hotel in great location. Having stayed in many Hilton hotels the differentiation is always down to the staff and the Hilton Sydney does not disappoint. The staff are genuine, friendly and helpful from concierge to management, you always get what you need and beyond. The only slight annoyance was the charge for an additional roll away bed when our daughter came to visit for a couple of days, bit steep at A$75.
We're here for another few days returning to Sydney in a few weeks, looking forward to it already.

Room Tip: Free wifi if you Hhonors gold or Diamond, lounge is really good on food and drinks in evening.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I really appreciate your comments regarding our staff and I shall certainly share these with them. Our team work hard to try and provide all of our guests with an excellent experience, and it’s nice to know that they achieved this during your stay.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing on your return visit.

international
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hubby and I spent a few days in Sydney for a business trip. We enjoyed the Hilton on George Street since it was located close to great restaurants and a 20 min walk from the opera house and its little river walk. We each received a little bottle of Shiraz which was a nice touch. The only drawback was that our room was an architect's nightmare with strange angles and wasted space. For example, the faucet on the sink was on the left hand side which made it really awkward washing up. The food was good, but expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It's good to know that all went well and that you enjoyed your time with us.

Hope to see you again soon!