“Location & Service & great packages=Value”

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Newcastle, Australia
“Location & Service & great packages=Value”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Personalised email day after booking from Concierge offering recommendations of restaurants & theatres nearby, massage/spa bookings, town car service. Had a hot stone massage- great service, on time, reasonable price. Room large, as described. App available for self check in on mobile to skip queue at book in.

Room Tip: Reception asked for our room preference, when I didn't have one she suggested I may want to be a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Ruth68A.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us on what seems to be delightful stay. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the many aspects of the Hotel's facilities and the personalised service that we provide our Guests. The Team and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,
Jennifer Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Redding, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This Marriott is in a perfect location for sightseeing in Sydney, but is definitely in need of an update. Very easy walk to the Opera House and to the Rocks area. Also, our room had a great view of the Opera House (rooms 2724 and 2725). Overall, the pros outweigh the cons for this hotel if you're in Sydney for a few days of sightseeing. Concierge was very helpful with information and arranging transportation for tours. Breakfast in the Executive Lounge was good. In the rooms, the beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were functional, if dated.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with view of the Opera House! Rooms xx24 and xx25 will be directly across from the el...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kmnmb
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear kmnmb,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review as we consider all constructive feedback extremely valuable. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all our hotel and location have to offer. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I hope we may welcome you again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Everyone comments this is a great location. It is. This hotel is in a great location for the rocks the Sydney Bridge, CBD, and the Opera House. This area is a bit quiet at night, though many good eateries, and a few bars. If you are looking for night life you should be nearer to Darling Harbor. That area has more density of restaurants, and more people at night.

The hotel is nice and service was very good. so if you looking to be near the CBD or Opera House this would be a good choice. The breakfast buffet was very good especially if you can get it included in your rate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Minnesota_Rob
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I recently spent 3.5 weeks at the Marriott Sydney Harbour Hotel on a business/vacation trip. I am a Marriott Gold Elite member because I choose to stay at Marriotts whenever possible, but the staff at this Marriott is the best I have ever experience. I was there longer than perhaps most visitors might be the staff immediately learned my name, asked my preferences when appropriate and generally when out of their way to be sure that I loved my stay in both the hotel and Australia. They assisted with tours and were considerate of my family and me beyond comparison to any hotel. I travel quite a bit for work and stay in a lot of hotels, but this one exceeds any I have stayed in. Although there's no place like home, when you need a home away from home this hotel is the best. Of course it has everything else gong for it: location, cleanliness, prompt service, etc., all things you expect from Marriott. But the attention and courtesy of the staff set this hotel apart from all the others.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with '06 are bigger with the best view but all are good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron B
Dear Ron B,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a delightful review and for your recommendation of our Hotel. The team will be so pleased to lear that their friendliness and warmth made a difference to your stay. It is especially pleasing to hear such high praise from a seasoned traveller and we very much look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you this way again.

Greensboro, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel is convenient to Opera House, shopping, ferries and many restaurants. Concierge very helpful in recommending restaurants. Front desk were very helpful in holding our luggage. Very nice hotel,Room size is roomy & great views. The walks to locations were short.

Room Tip: Request high floor for a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Riojas2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My second stay at this terrific hotel. Its location cannot be beat -- easy access to the Circular Quay transport options (ferry, train and buses), easy walk to the Opera House, Botanic Gardens and The Rocks, as well as Hyde Park and loads of museums and restaurants (HINT - make reservations -- even during winter weekdays).

I'm a runner, and this hotel is perfectly situated for runs around the Opera House (try it at sunrise or sunset)/Botanic Gardens or runs across the Harbour Bridge and back, both of which can be done with minimal obstructions and traffic issues.

Room itself was very nice. Modern design, large room for a CBD location, but will be in need of an update soon. Public areas could also use an update. Bathroom was nice and up-to-date - shower and separate bathtub. Not a lot of counter space. However, all in all, the room was still very comfortable. Both times I have had views of the Opera House which are absolutely stunning, and more than made up for any slight issues with the aging decor.

As a Platinum Rewards member, I had access to the Executive Lounge, which serves a wonderful breakfast and a fantastic happy hour with heavy hors d'oeuvres. As someone who can't eat gluten or lactose, I had no problems finding items for breakfast in the lounge, but during the evenings, options were more uneven. One night, I couldn't find anything (except the wine, which was excellent). However, in fairness, I did not let the staff know I had food issues, and they might have been able to bring me something if I had. Still a very nice perk.

Finally, service was uniformly excellent -- from front desk to bell staff to lounge staff to housekeeping-- and that makes the trip if you ask me. I don't hesitate to recommend this property to friends and colleagues and will almost certainly stay there next time I'm in Sydney.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear ATL_Georgian,

I am delighted to hear of your great review and thankful for posting such a lovely note. I am pleased to hear of your overall satisfaction following your recent stay, in particular the warmth of our Associates and excellence in service that Marriott is renowed for. The Team is thrilled to know their effort contributed to your delightful stay. I am honoured that you highly recommended us and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you again!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location for Marriott Sydney. The lobby and hallways are getting dated, but rooms seem up to date. Easy walk to circular quay, train, opera house, The Rocks, etc., etc. I was on gov't rate, so had city view room. Solid place to stay for excursions around Sydney.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business