“Comfortable, Well Located, Reliable”

Best Western Plus Hotel Stellar
Ranked #43 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed several times at Stellar over several years, with and without family, and I am consistently impressed with the freshness and comfort of the room fitout and the standard of service received from the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adrian P

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

When travelling, I usually judge a hotel room by 5 aspects (not in any order)

- location
- cleanliness
- features of the room
- water pressure in shower
- noisiness
- feeling safe

This hotel scored high on the first 4, but almost lost all her points on the last 2

Location
Right across Hyde Park
30 min walk to Opera House and 10 from Museum train station which gets you to airport in 15 min (take Elisabeth/liverpool exit, turn left. Walk up to College street and turn right (on right side, College = Wentworth). You have to walk 2-3 min. FYI : No escalator in the station and 32$ round trip)

Cleanliness
Super clean

Features in the room
Small kirchen with water boiler, microwave, fridge, glasses, cups, utensils etc. There's also a safe, a desk and a 3 drawers 2 doors vanity

Water pressure
Great

Noisiness
I didn't hear the elevator going up pr down and I couldn't hear the neighbor when she was walking on the carpet in her room. I did however hear everything she did in her kitchen. Not only that, the rooms' doors are so close (mine was anyway. Room 502) that whenever she opened her door, I thought she was coming into my room. Woke me up a couple of times

Feeling safe
No double locks, no peep hole amd a feeling the neighbor was coming into my room once every hour (I assume she was a smoker cuz she came in or out of her room VERY often) = not feeling safe at all

In sum, if you're travelling with friends or family, please go to this hotel, it'll e worth your money. Alone? Never again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Hourray
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This modest hotel had everything we wanted in a downtown Sydney hotel. Walking, it is just 30 minutes to the opera house and harbour, 5 minutes to bus stops to Bondi Beach, 15 minutes from central train station with trains to everywhere - it is the perfect location. Lots of shops, restaurants and groceries just around the corner. A large room with a clever kitchenette, windows that open, queen bed and unique easy chair that unfolded into what my 15 year old declared a very comfy single bed, and a roomy bathroom with a sizeable shower. Helpful desk staff, good late-might security. We'll stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed 3 nights in the 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The unit was a good size, modern and clean with all amenities we needed including a kitchenette with cooktop and microwave. Despite being in the middle of Sydney the rooms were very quiet with double glazed windows so there was no problem with sleep. The room had a good view across the street to Hyde Park. It is also close to Museum train station and shopping. To get from the domestic airport you can take a train to Museum station for $15.90. There is a little coffee shop downstairs and a convenience store with ATM next door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

From the moment we booked in we felt at home. Friendly, efficient staff, our room comfortable, clean and all we could ask for. Great location, close to shops and attractions.My only complaint, we have to leave on Thursday!

1  Thank bartlett58
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed one night at this property recently (based upon Trip Advisor reviews) and were not disappointed. First of all, Sydney has a population of I think 3 million and we didn't want to rent a car. We were able to take a train from the airport to Museum Stop (about $33). From there we walked approx. 2 blocks to our hotel. It is in a central location, and within about 7 blocks of the Sydney Harbor and Opera House, which we walked to. Plenty of food choices nearby and right by beautiful Hyde Park. The staff at the hotel was wonderful and very helpful. They were cleaning near our first room and the fumes were really strong, so they happily moved us to another room (and it was just fine). The rooms are like small apartments with everything you need - frig/microwave, etc. Rooms were very clean; beds and pillows very comfortable. Only CON was with the train station: at this particular one, just be prepared that they do not have elevators, so you have to carry your luggage up/down a couple of flights of steps. I believe there is another train station nearby (Central, I believe) and it has an elevator. We enjoyed our stay here though, would stay again, and have no problem recommending it. It's a good choice and reasonably priced for the Sydney area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TXLuv2Travel
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is a small cheaper hotel in Central Sydney. It has recently been refurbished and the fittings of the rooms are good. The people at the reception desk are helpful and it is reasonably conveniently located. When I arrived I was given a really dark room on the first floor that was really depressing. I looked out the windows directly onto the street and there were lines of smokers from a neighbouring building looking directly back at me. There were also very noisy dump trucks in the alley. Anyway- I asked to have a different room and they were able to give me a much better room on the top floor. Overall the room was well equipped and comfortable - it even has a small kitchen area. I would stay here again if I was on a budget holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business