“Worth the money.”

Ranked #42 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“Worth the money.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I,together with our little boy, stayed there last 24 to 26 of May so we can watch The Lion King in Capitol Theatre.We were not disappointed. The front desk clerk, Pavol,if my memory serves me right, was helpful and efficient.We arrived early and asked if we can leave our bags before we can check in and he immediately offered us a place to keep our bags for safe keeping just across the counter.The room was clean and neat.The small kitchen was a great help for making sandwiches and coffee.It was also quite because the room has double glazing.A great place to stay for visiting Sydney and quite near China Town as well.Near the Capitol Theatre as well.We are definitely going back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I spent two nights midweek at this property and found it to be average in terms of a hotel stay. The room I selected was nice, clean, and well maintained, yet the king size bed was just two doubles put together and that is frankly disappointing. The common hotel areas were plain and perhaps there is some renovation at the property. Location of the hotel is the main reason I chose to stay there for this trip. Wifi provider may have to help connect your mobile device.

One note about the service. The hotel staff rarely left their front desk area and seemed much more aloof than I would expect. When I asked to store my bag for a few hours at the hotel the desk person instructed me to leave the suitcase in an adjacent room that did not seem secure. If I wasn't running late for a tour, I would have paid to store my luggage elsewhere as when I returned, the afternoon staff didn't ask me for ID when I retrieved my bag.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Anton G
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Stellar for 2 nights last week. It's a small hotel but the rooms are roomy and functional. My room had a small kitchenette that could be handy for a longer stay..The location is ok, closer to the Central end of town and Oxford St. I caught the train from Musuem station to Wynyard a couple of times, no hassle..Breakfast was cheap and good for the price.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher room. I bit better for noise..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ajl64_13
pakenham, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The staff on arrival could not care to offer a smile, hello, or anything that might be considered a welcome. My car parking was charged twice, and staff just didnt want to know me. the rooms are great, very clean and comfortable, but chair is too low at work table to actually complete a few hours work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Peter G
DrQSydney, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Stellar, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Peter G,

Thank you for submitting a review regarding your recent one night stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to offer our apologies. I have spoken to the staff members on shift on the date of your arrival and they expressed their disappointment at not being able to meet your expectations. I’ve been informed that they had the best intentions in mind when they organised a complimentary and unsolicited upgrade to one of our superior king studio apartments with views of Hyde Park prior to check-in. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed staying in this room type which we normally allocate to our most esteemed guests. I reviewed the account for your stay and noticed that your credit card was correctly charged for one night accommodation and parking for one vehicle. Once again, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. I hope you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

Daniel Rosso
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This motel is locally right next to the iconic Oxford Street, easy access to entertainment and great food. The rooms were large and well appointed. We have stayed at a number of 5 star accommodation within the CBD and rate this hotel's amenities inline with them. The rooms were clean and well presented, would definitely stayed there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marg B
Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Often stay here for work- excellent location in walking distance of Central Station and CBD. Have also stayed several times with husband and 2 kids in Queen Queen room- fantastic value. Rooms always spotlessly clean ( love the Mor toiletries) and service is friendly and efficient

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nicolajaneAustralia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Excellent housekeeping service. My partner and I could always expect to come back to a neat and clean room. Room is homely. Location is great too. Short walk to a station in the CBD. Also near to Circular Quay and Darling Harbour. Hotel staff is quite friendly.

• Stayed May 2014