Capitol Square Hotel
Great 4.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    • Fitness centre
    • Room Service
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 21 August 2013

our room was small and the carpet was fairly worn, our one window opened onto a inside mall, so the view was not at all interesting, but it was clean and tidy, bed was ok, breakfast was delish with a good range to suit all tastes.. mostly friendly staff. good price for the location. we spent 3 nights here to see pink in august, and i can not tell you how close and easy EVERYTHING is from here, less that 2 min walk to paddys and entertainment center, 6 min walk and easy to find darling harbour. and there is also free buses to circular quay and center point that loop every 10 mins. we parked the car in the next door car park when we arrived (it was a bit pricey) and didnt go near it till we left. if your not big on city traffic driving like me , then this is the hotel to stay at for location, cleanliness, yummy breakfast and reasonable rates..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
    Michael S, Manager at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I was so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and in particular, the location of the hotel. I believe we are perfectly situated for any traveller with all the transport, markets and entertainment right on our door step. I know what you mean about the city driving also.
    Thank you again for this great feedback. I hope we can book you in next time you’re here for a concert or a holiday.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I booked this hotel for my daughter and her friend for a stay close to the entertainment centre for a Pink concert, through hotels.com. The location was very good but price wise it was below standards. She paid $206 for the room. Compared to $210 for an amazing room, with breakfast, at Four points in Darling Harbour , we had last December and $165, 2 weeks ago at the Crown Promenade in Melbourne, this price was pathetic!
    When I asked the person for a room with 2 beds, was told that there were only queen beds left. Upon arriving they found that the queen bed was 2 singles pushed together anyway! The mattresses were very hard and they couldn't sleep very well.There were hairs on the sheets, a stain on the shower curtain and the walls and carpets were filthy! They showed me some photos on their phones. The staff were not friendly at all! Will be giving this hotel a miss next time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Lorraine W

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your daughters stay. I was very disappointed to read that they did not enjoy their stay so much and found numerous issues that need to be addressed. I have instructed the Executive Housekeeper to inform me of any rooms that require extra attention which I will personally check. I have also had a discussion with the Front Office Staff about the way they communicate with guests, I apologise if your daughter and friend felt mistreated in any way.
    I believe it is hard to compare Capitol Square Hotel to the Four Points and Crown which are 4 - 4.5 star hotels whilst Capitol Square is only 3.5 stars. The prices will change in all hotels almost everyday. It appears that your daughter and friend stayed over a busy weekend which is why prices were high, I am sure the Four Points in Darling Harbour would have been more expensive than your previous stay if you had booked there instead.
    Thank you again for taking the time to express your feedback. Again I apologise if your daughter and her friend felt mistreated in any way. I hope we can welcome you and your family back to the hotel for a future stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Booked on Wotif as I wanted somewhere to stay overnight with my kids after the Pink Concert - paid over $230 for the night for 3. Pro's; 5 minute walk to Paddy's Markets, Chinatown, and Sydney Entertainment Centre. Next door to The Capitol Theatre and very close walking distance to lots of food outlets. 10 minute walk to Central Railway Station. Nice foyer and friendly reception staff, got to level two and was impressed with the lovely decor - great for three stars but that was where it ended. We got to the room and was very disappointed. I am not fussy but (photos posted) the carpet was dirty, stained and well worn. Walls had multiple gouge marks. My daughter turned back her doona cover to find "black spots", on closer inspection it looked like there had been mould on the doona cover that had stained the cover before it was washed - I took it off the bed and just adjusted the air-conditioning to keep her comfortable for the night. There were holes in the other doona cover. The bathroom was tiny and the shower leaked on to the bath spout then splashing over the bathroom floor.The room needs an overhaul but was spending a very small amount of time in the room so couldn't be bothered complaining. Will find somewhere else to stay next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
    3  Thank NikMik2
    Michael S, Manager at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your stay at Capitol Square Hotel. I was pleased to read that you found the common areas of the hotel welcoming and the location suited your needs during your stay. I was however, disappointed to read that you found these to be the only good qualities to the hotel. I would be grateful to know which room you stayed in so I can check these issues for myself, the photos unfortunately do not give me enough information. I have instructed the executive housekeeper to inspect the doona covers in all the rooms to check for such marks, hopefully we can get these replaced.
    Thank you again for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your stay. Guest feedback is vital to the staff and I as it helps us to see areas where we may need improvement. Without your comments we may never have known that these issues existed. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Booked on hotel website and stayed for 5 nights. It was a good offer (best rate minimum 3 nights breakfast offer). The breakfast buffet had limited variety but it was good. The staff were friendly and I'm satisfied with the room conditions. Rooms were cleaned daily. Excellent location. With offer rates such as these, this hotel would definitely be my first consideration the next time I travel to Sydney.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to express your honest opinion regarding your stay at Capitol Square Hotel. I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to suit your needs during your time and you found our 3 night stay special to be of great value. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel on your future stay.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Go to this hotel if you just need a bed and basic bathroom needs.
    I only stay here if i am going to watch a theatre show from capitol theatre or just need a nights rest to be near work. Very good price and don't expect it be be extravagant if you stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo