* Arrived to the room early which was great but wanted a Sydney Harbour view. Immediately rang reception who couldn't take the call and said would ring back. Never did so visited myself and changed the rooms at a premium cost. Had I ticked the right box online it would have only cost an extra $20 a night but blew out to $65. That's what I get for not being careful.
*Free shoe shine which is nice. Rang up and was told they would come to get my shoes. 2 hours later they arrived quite late in the night.
* Shoes didn't arrive next morning as promised at 8am and at 2pm still weren't there. I rang to find they didn't know which room the shoes came from and couldn't find them. They rang back and said they had found them and would send them up. 30 minutes later they arrived. Lucky I didn't need them that day anymore. Still had to wait around for a simple shoe shine.
*Couldn't sleep. The lifts seems to echo into the room through walls and roof. Yes I tried putting a towel at the door and the noise seem to make it through other ways. Perhaps through the air conditioning. Very loud. Even guests visiting the room noticed the noise during the day. Even an airport hotel wouldn't have the nosies we had from the lifts. A lot like a plane taking off overhead and the roof off. Didn't sleep much and won't be staying here again which is a shame as the rooms are very nice and clean. But lack of sleep can kill a trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney is perfectly positioned between the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the historic Rocks district. Within walking distance of the city's major shopping venues and tourist attractions, the hotel offers panoramic views of Sydney Harbour. A wide selection of dining options including Australian cuisine at award winning Altitude Restaurant, Mix and Grill in the all day dining restaurant Café Mix and fabulous cocktails at the glamorous Blu Bar on 36. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Sydney
- Shangri La Hotel Sydney