Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$150
Radisson Blu
US$240
US$195
US$179
US$171
  • Room Service
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$175
US$207
US$198
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$152
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$136
  • Breakfast included
6,961 results
All reviewshorizon clubblu baropera housegrand harbourcircular quaywindow seattop floorrocks arearoom servicecorner suiteharbour viewturn down serviceclub roombottle of champagnefour seasonsbuffet breakfastfive star hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2014

For new visitors to the city, or for a wonderful conference or breakfast meeting location, you can't go past the Shangri-La. Almost the service standard you expect from a 5-star hotel in Singapore, Shangri-La Sydney is superbly located for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gabrielperera
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stay in a 29th floor room with Darling Harbor view for six nights.

Excellent view, especially in the sunset. Also see the mountains in the west of Sydney. Moreover, lot of bars are located just few meters away.

The only thing I am not satisfied is the noise. Not only from the highway outside the window but also from next room. The locked door between my room and other room (do not know why we have it) is not sound proofing. This is annoying when I need rest mostly while some kids were playing in the next room.

Given its convenient location and amenity nearby, I will still choose this hotel in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have been coming to Sydney a few times and we always stay at the Shangri La. It is a bit like coming home. The hotel has an excellent location with a very nice view on all sides. But if you are there for the first time get a room with a view on the bridge and circular cay and try to get a room on the 20th story or above. You will be delighted whenever you look outside. The rooms are not overly big but very comfortable and with all the amenities one would expect in this type of hotel. The service level is absolutely great and all the staff go out of their way to help you. The food is good and especially the breakfast buffet will add a few pounds to your girth. If you go or come from George street by foot, use the Gloucester street exit/entrance at the back as it save you part of the steep walk up and down from the hotel. Although it helps getting the breakfast pounds of.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The Shangri-La does offer great views of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge and is just a 16 min walk to down town shopping and offices. The rooms are big and very comfortable with all you expect from a 5 star hotel. The service and staff at the Horizon club is very nice and efficient.
Breakfast in not fantastic, average and the selection a bit poor. The presentation could be much better and apetizing.
A room facing the harbour gives full view to the Sydney signature landmarks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband, mother-in-law and I stayed one night at the Shangri-La in an Executive Grand Harbour View Suite in February 2014. The valet, bell, and reception staff were friendly on arrival. Since we arrived prior to check-in time, my family waited in the Club Lounge while I tried to get an appointment at the spa. Since the spa was fully booked for the day, I used the change room facility next to the gym to have a steam and shower. I wasn't impressed by the cleanliness or atmosphere of the change/locker room; in fact, I asked the spa attendant if the health club was run by the CHI spa or the hotel. He said it was managed by both. Since there were no other women in the locker room, I asked if he would take a tour with me. I pointed out peeling paint, chips in the wooden doors, long black hairs on the floor of the steam room (after the cleaner had just left), dirt & grime over the steam room door, showers whose temperatures fluctuated wildly, and shampoo dispensers that were defective. There were nails in the walls where apparently there were decorations of some sort before, but now they were gone. The attendant said he would pass these issues to the management and took my name. I never heard from the management about my complaint. It took only a couple hours to be able to check into our room. Our executive room was clean but pretty bland. The bathroom was large with marble floors but the living area and bedroom definitely needed some furniture upgrade. After freshening up we went to the Club Lounge to see if they had food, The afternoon tea was dismal; there were a few finger sandwiches and some macaroons so we decided to go for lunch to Cafe Mix in the hotel. The hostess asked if we would like a table. I asked to see the menu first, She gave us a menu and left. When we decided to stay for lunch, we asked a waitress if we could have a table and she said the restaurant was closed. I told her that we were just offered a table and they asked by whom. I was surprised that the main restaurant was closed in a major hotel and their own staff didn't even know their hours of operation. According to the website, Cafe Mix is open from 6 am to 10;30 pm. and we arrived around 2-3 pm. Breakfast at Cafe Mix the next morning had a nice buffet but the restaurant was so busy that the staff couldn't keep the tables clean. We chose Shangri-La Sydney as the Shangri-La hotels have a fine reputation. We have stayed at the Island Shangri-La in Hong Kong and enjoyed our stay there. We thought we had chosen a luxury hotel chain to take my mother-in-law but in the end it's best asset was it's location and view.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ArpadRomandy, Hotel Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Varvara,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback on the locker room at the health club. We are looking into the matter and we apologise if this has inconvenienced your stay. Café Mix is open for lunch from 12pm to 2:30pm, and we are sorry if this was not communicated clearly to you. We are changing the information on our website right now to reflect the correct opening hours for mealtimes. I hope you will grace us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations when you stay with us next.

Best regards,