“Tops!”

Ranked #26 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Huntsville, Alabama
“Tops!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We loved it! It's near the harbor bridge, marina, shopping, etc. very nice. You can take a boat to the Sydney Zoo from the marina at the bottom of the hill. The Sydney opera house is also close by. We saw Keith Urban!

Room Tip: Nice rooms. Modern and good service
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,763)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I hear that this was the old Ana that was renovated around 1997-1998, and now named the Shangrila. It has an amazing location and a five mins walk down would take you to the Rocks and the harbour. I liked the skybar and its two outlets. Great drinks and snacks and commands great views of the Sydney Opera House and the park. Find a spot as the place fills up very quickly. The room sizes are decent and the toilets large but I would prefer lighter decor or furnishing in the room.

There are some great opal and hairdressing shop further down from the hotel. My favourite team was the Concierge - they are efficient and were really helpful in sorting out my tours.

Room Tip: Choose one with a view which is not blocked.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London

Clean and spacious room.
Room was cleaned twice a day.

It was X-Mas time we stayed.
We tried to eat at the one of hotel restaurants but was booked up.
But the staff was very helpful. They found a place where we can eat.very good service from the staff.

It was close to station which had direct train to airport.
We took a train. Was good. Only we had to walk uphill with suitcase^^ it was about 100 meter from the bottom of the street.

Breakfast was good. But expensive. Humm... You can go to cafe down the street near the station.

Reception area were little bit out dated. Looking tired.

The location is perfect. Nth I can complain.
If you want, you can get many tourist spot on foot.

We also stayed Intercontinental, I prefer that place over this.
But this also vgood place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Perfectly located in the tourist hubs that is the rocks. Fantastic views of the harbour and especially of the sunrises.

The staff were very attentive and friendly but at the same time not too much in your face.

The rooms with the arbour views on the higher floors were incredible. You have a long bench built in the window and you really can spend hours looking out of the window watching the ferries come and go.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

What a place. We visited the bar on our last night in Sydney and the service was amazing. It was great to be able to sit for hours enjoying a bottle of champagne without any pressure from staff wanting to turn tables around.

Highly recommend and if booking or making a reservation ask for a window seat facing opera house and harbour Bridge. It will take your breath away.

This is on my to do list when we next visit and I have recommended it to our friends who are visiting in October.

A must!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is very well located to the main shopping area's of downtown Sydney and The Rocks precinct. Service was very good, check in was early afternoon and smooth (apart from telling us that there would be necessity for a $300 credit card bond for "extra's" like mini bar etc) staff were friendly & helpful and the room was fantastic. Nice airy spacious room with magnificent views of the city and harbour, good size bathroom (with separate shower & bath) and nice plush bathrobes and slippers - always a nice touch. Free Wi-Fi was also a nice added value as a lot of other hotels charge extra for this (shameful!) I would say though avoid the in room menu as a hamburger & fries would have cost $AA32.00 PLUS a "Room Service Fee" of $AA6 on top! (Try a Pie Face Pie from any one of their many locales- tasty & well priced!) Cleanliness of the room was above average and I would say that although room rates can be high..check out specials on expedia or as we did - book direct, especially if you have any special requests or requirements.

Room Tip: We booked a Deluxe King Darling Harbour View (INCL Free Wi-Fi) @ $AA324 per night. Bar on L29 was ve...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coral M
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A long stay in a hotel usually gives me jitters and that too in a new city.. Was dreading it... The reviews spoke very highly of Shangrila and though I was to stay at Four Seasons... I decided to change it to Shangrila... I am glad I changed as I had a fantastic experience and has been one of the most memorable stays, can't wait to visit again...
To start with a very smooth check in process.. Very efficient, did not take more than 5 minutes... The room was awesome... Had paid extra to get a good view of the Opera house and it was worth every dollar spent... The room had a lot of attention to detail... What I liked the most was the bed and the option of having multiple sockets which was very useful...
Room service was quick and efficient...
Nice gym n pool...

Would like to highlight two things:
The buffet breakfast was worth the money and the staff are so warm and friendly that during my stay they took very good care of me each morning... The variety of food, the quick n efficient service was something I really liked...

A special mention and a huge thank you for the concierge - Nick and Alex... They not only helped me during my 12 days stay but ensured I got to see the best parts of Sydney and fall in love with the city..... They not only suggested but also made reservations for me and also helped me in my booking for the bridge climb.... Always smiling and warm and very very helpful....

If anyone wants to stay in Sydney CBD... Don't think twice.. It's got to be Shangrila.... I have become a true fan of their hospitality.

Only concern I had which is no biggie but guess one thing which I was not pleased was upon arrival they had no complimentary welcome goodies in the room...
They have a good night club and an Italian fine dining... Could not try both as it was always packed and I was unable to get a reservation for 12 days :(

But overall loved the stay and did not miss home for 12 days thanks to each and every staff at Shangrila :)

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with the Opera house view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business