“Sincerely terrible”

Novotel Sydney Central
Ranked #62 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Called up to book just to stay over night for a spa and pool deal. Felt like relaxing in the spa.. To my knowledge the spa and pool were open. When I checked in and headed down to enjoy myself in the spa. The spa was "closed until further notice" which is so stupid considering I called them and asked specifically for the pool and spa package... The food was terrible, ordered off the menu and some how they managed to burn toast not once but twice after sending it back and all the waiting time I lost my appetite. Then the next morning I searched the menu to find something they couldn't mess up, but surely enough they did it again... I ordered a milkshake and they ruined my morning. Overall the only thing that was good was the discount I got when I left because they were shocking.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Guywhoisangry
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guywhoisangry,

We are sorry we have let you down on this instance. I have discussed your feedback with our chef and restaurant and will ensure every order is followed up with a call from our team to ensure our guest satisfaction is maintained at all times. In regards to the pool closure we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience as this was out of our control. Our team had picked up that someone may have vandalised our pool and it was in the best interests of our guests we had the entire pool flushed and deep-cleaned to ensure it was perfect in as little of time as possible. We hope you understand our predicament and hope to see you again soon.

Yours Faithfully,
Danesh Bamji

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We found our stay to be very enjoyable. The hotel is conveniently located and is walking distance to Paddy's Markets and China Town. The staff were very friendly and accommodating to all of our needs. My family and I will be sure to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear LVAus,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable, and our team friendly and helpful.
Hope to see you again on your next stay in Sydney.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

House keeping at 10am knocked and just walked in.
Someone came to check the mini bar at 9:45.The room wasn't even ready for four people even though I specifically booked for 4. I noticed our room was on level 10, then we were 'upgraded' to a room but with no balcony. I asked what was different and the lady said the nothing but there's no balcony. I told her I chose this room online because it had a balcony It was an ok experience but not memorable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for your honest review. I certainly apologize for our team member entering without fair warning. We take that very seriously, and will review your feedback with our team.
If I can ever be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me in advance and allow me the opportunity to welcome you back and ensure that your visit is of the highest degree in quality.
Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel has spacious room. I stayed in Twin bed room which offers two queen beds along with full in-room amenities. The hotel is just renovated for around 2 years so it looks very new. The hotel is very close to University of Technology Sydney, Market city and Chinatown. There is no free wifi. The room rate is a bit too much so I would suggest this hotel as quality stay but if you plan to go out early and come back late evening just to lie your head down, it is better finding another hotel. There are lots of hotels in Sydney and also nearby area of this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Daer TONY_TravelLover,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback.
Hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Reviewed 1 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I am a regular at the Novotel Central as I am in Sydney for work. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spotlessly clean. The FieldHouse restaurant serves delicious food, and an excellent buffet breakfast. The buffet is the usual hotel fare, but the place shines at dinner with some brilliant dishes.

Some of the carpets and fixtures are showing their age but as everything else is new, the hotel is clearly going through an improvement phase. I'm not going to avoid a hotel because of one rust spot in the bath and I'd suggest anyone that does is OCD to the max.

I stayed last week for 3 nights and used the car park next door. When I got back to my car the battery was flat. Even though I had already checked out, the staff went above and beyond their duties to help me start it again. Thanks again to the manager Danesh, and his excellent team!

1  Thank james o
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear James,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us - thank you for the top marks.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,