“Parking - an added bonus for this place!”

Novotel Sydney Central
Ranked #62 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Felt this was a very well-priced hotel for the quality. And, my favourite - reasonably priced parking! A rarity in Sydney hotels :)

Big rooms, super-quiet and very well-located to the centre of the city. Probably not the ideal location for tourists who are looking to spend alot of time around the rocks/harbour but perfect for people looking to work back late or have a night out in the city.

Very helpful staff and an easy check-in process. Parking was also not the nightmare that it can be at some other accomodation!

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Juicy Blue,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you enjoyed our great location and found our staff helpful. I've passed your feedback to my team and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I will say first that the staff I dealt with were all quite friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, and the bed comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance of central station, but in hindsight I should have stayed closer to The Rocks/Circular Quay for what I wanted to do/see.

This hotel may very well have been renovated recently, but there was an obvious lack of attention to detail when this occurred. In my room there were paint drips on the skirting boards, plastic (where a tag of some sort used to be attached) on one of the curtains, and the white painted coffee table had very worn/tattered edges.
As seems to be all too common in many hotels, upon checking in I found several long dark hairs in the bathroom (in the tub and on the floor). Worst of all, the carpets had definitely not been vacuumed that day, there were A LOT of bits of dirt/thread/etc all over the room. The bed valances also had various stains on them. I had arrived somewhat late and was in no mood to make any complaints. The following day I was storing my luggage for a few hours so I opted not to make an issue of things, but was pressed for time when I returned, and was not able to bring these things to the attention of the staff.
I have been employed as a hotel housekeeper in the past, so I take great notice of little things - like the fact that the small hotel stationary/notepad on the nightstand had not only a food or drink stain on the top page, but on the second page was a drawing made by a child on a previous visit.

Overall a very disappointing stay, especially since I had previously stayed in an amazing room at The Westin (booked via lastminute.com) for not much more money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for bringing the housekeeping items to my attention, and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. i have addressed these items with our housekeeping team and reiterated our high standard of service. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Called up to book just to stay over night for a spa and pool deal. Felt like relaxing in the spa.. To my knowledge the spa and pool were open. When I checked in and headed down to enjoy myself in the spa. The spa was "closed until further notice" which is so stupid considering I called them and asked specifically for the pool and spa package... The food was terrible, ordered off the menu and some how they managed to burn toast not once but twice after sending it back and all the waiting time I lost my appetite. Then the next morning I searched the menu to find something they couldn't mess up, but surely enough they did it again... I ordered a milkshake and they ruined my morning. Overall the only thing that was good was the discount I got when I left because they were shocking.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Guywhoisangry
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guywhoisangry,

We are sorry we have let you down on this instance. I have discussed your feedback with our chef and restaurant and will ensure every order is followed up with a call from our team to ensure our guest satisfaction is maintained at all times. In regards to the pool closure we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience as this was out of our control. Our team had picked up that someone may have vandalised our pool and it was in the best interests of our guests we had the entire pool flushed and deep-cleaned to ensure it was perfect in as little of time as possible. We hope you understand our predicament and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We found our stay to be very enjoyable. The hotel is conveniently located and is walking distance to Paddy's Markets and China Town. The staff were very friendly and accommodating to all of our needs. My family and I will be sure to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear LVAus,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable, and our team friendly and helpful.
Hope to see you again on your next stay in Sydney.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

House keeping at 10am knocked and just walked in.
Someone came to check the mini bar at 9:45.The room wasn't even ready for four people even though I specifically booked for 4. I noticed our room was on level 10, then we were 'upgraded' to a room but with no balcony. I asked what was different and the lady said the nothing but there's no balcony. I told her I chose this room online because it had a balcony It was an ok experience but not memorable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for your honest review. I certainly apologize for our team member entering without fair warning. We take that very seriously, and will review your feedback with our team.
If I can ever be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me in advance and allow me the opportunity to welcome you back and ensure that your visit is of the highest degree in quality.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel has spacious room. I stayed in Twin bed room which offers two queen beds along with full in-room amenities. The hotel is just renovated for around 2 years so it looks very new. The hotel is very close to University of Technology Sydney, Market city and Chinatown. There is no free wifi. The room rate is a bit too much so I would suggest this hotel as quality stay but if you plan to go out early and come back late evening just to lie your head down, it is better finding another hotel. There are lots of hotels in Sydney and also nearby area of this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Daer TONY_TravelLover,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback.
Hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,