“Sandra/Tiara”

Novotel Sydney Central
Ranked #61 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at the Novotel Sydney Central for 3 nights and did not have any issues what so ever. The room with 2 queen beds was spacious and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was excellent and had a great selection of foods, my daughter loved the pancakes with chocolate sauce!! Would definitely stay here again, the staff were lovely and very helpful. :-)

1  Thank Sandra2362014
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Sandra,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable, and our team friendly and helpful.
Hope to see you again on your next stay in Sydney.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Sydney Central

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the standard room for 4 nights and it was an enjoyable stay. The standard room offers 2 queen size beds and it's spacious and comfortable. Hotel is clean too. The location is fantastic. It's walking distance from the train station, and is 3 stops away from circular quay. A lot of good and affordable Asian restaurants are nearby too. Only downside is that it doesn't provide free wifi for guests.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear gerpng5,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I am glad to read about your positive comment.
I apologise for the Wi-Fi, this is a head ofiice decision.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Danesh - General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at Novotel Central for the first time and it was really great the staff are very helpful specially the young fellow at the front desk I think his name is Maesh and also Mary Anne . The rooms are very clean compare to the other hotels that we've stayed before. Location is great and parking is very cheap $23 for 24 hrs is not too bad at all. Definitely we will be coming back to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Anna,

Thank you for your review and your 5 stars rating, I am happy to read you enjoyed our great location and found our staff helpful. I've passed your feedback to my team and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Danesh - General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Novotel Citigate is an excellent hotel to stay at. Rooms are large, staff helpful and friendly and hotel is conveniently located. The restaurant serves an excellent breakfast and our evening meal was very good, a little too large maybe!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lorraine,

We thank you for your fantastic five-star review as well as your in-depth feedback. It makes our day to read that our hotel is the best in which you've stayed. Our team will be thrilled to hear this.
Hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Danesh Bamji, General Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Disclaimer: my first hotel stay in Sydney so I'm not sure how it is with others.

My family of 4 (2 Adults and 2 kids aged 16 and 3) stayed for 5 nights in this hotel last week. My experience / feedback as follows:

The good:
- Good location. Just a few minutes walk to Paddy's Market, Chinatown and Central Station.
- The Superior 2 Queen Balcony room (rm 822) that was assigned to us was spacious!
- Excellent service. Special thanks to the reception staff Mary Joyce (if I remember her name correctly)
- 16 years old and below are considered as CHILD. Perfect for me.
- We were given complimentary internet access (didn't come with the promo I selected)
- 40% off promo offer was a steal

The "could be better"
- The heater / aircon takes some time to warm the room up (the note says up 20 mins). And the max it could go was 26 deg celsius.
- We had breakfast on 2 consecutive days. There was hardly any change in the menu.
- Beds are pretty comfy but will probably be a bit on the too-soft side for somebody who's used to firm mattresses (ortho reasons)

The bad:
- The safe conked out twice during our stay. It wouldn't unlock at some point, eventhough it did initially. Both cases, a maintenance guy was sent to fix the issue. Appreciated much but caused inconvenience nevertheless.
- The toilet & bathroom door CANNOT be locked. Have confirmed with the concierge that it was meant this way.
- One day when we returned from touring around, we found that the room was cleaned BUT the coffee / tea cups we used earlier were left as is (not washed!)

Would I stay again? Yes, specially if at 40% off rates. :)

Room Tip: 8th floor is where the swimming pool is. :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Jax,

We thank you for your review as well as your in-depth feedback.
I certainly apologize for some of the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I will be sharing your review with our team to see how we can make improvements going forward.

Hope to see you again on your next stay in Sydney,
Yours Faithfully

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in a Deluxe King Room with a Balcony.
The room needed more maintenance. There was a constant 'clinging' in the air-conditioning that made it difficult to sleep and the balcony door kept getting stuck, so we were too paranoid to use it. The layout of the room was quite wasteful in the space used, and you ended up having to sit on the bed to watch television. The staff were friendly and attentive, but as we only stayed for a night, it was too stressful to ask for a new room. I would have expected more from the Novotel Sydney Central, as I find that Novotel hotels are usually of a higher standard.
Unfortunately, even though I was usually quite fond of the Novotel chain of hotels, I would not stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.
I am sorry to read that you were not happy with your visit. Please accept my apologies for the situation you find yourself in. Be assured that I will investigate further the air conditioning system with the Chief Engineer and take action.
If I can ever be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me in advance and allow me the opportunity to welcome you back and ensure that your visit is of the highest degree in quality.