“Comfy”

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Comfy place.

Staff were friendly.

Internet was average.

Rooms were very clean especially bathroom.

Good air conditioning.

Will stay here again if I need to.

I would like to see the breakfast improved next time. It took quite a while for some of the items to be refilled.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Katoomba, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night on a Monday as he was attending a conference. We paid $200 for a room on the 10th floor with a lovely city view. The price included breakfast for 2 and parking for our Commodore.The hotel was easy to find - my husband arrived via train to Central Station and I drove. I was buzzed into security parking by reception on arrival.

Our room was spacious, clean and included espresso coffee machine, bathrobes/slippers, mini safe, as well as the usual toiletries/ mini bar etc. Although there is a lot of street noise, it is triple glazed on the 10th floor and we could just hear a distant hum of traffic. We went out at night and felt quite safe walking in the local area. You are a short walk from the Capitol Theatre, Chinatown and loads of pubs with cheap eats. Darling Harbour is a 15 minute walk.

All staff we met were friendly, smiling and helpful. We had a nice breakfast in the cafe with a choice of hot buffet style eggs etc, toast, cereal, fruit, tea/coffee. I'm gluten/dairy free. They said they were happy to cater for me, but I just brought some of my own food as well.

The rooftop pool looked great but it is not heated so we didn't swim.

We were more than happy with the level of service, the location, the lovely staff and the room.

Room Tip: Go for one of the higher floors. 10 was fine. We stayed in room 1005 and had views to Central Statio...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ruthwalker70
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I'll never go here again. They put us in a room that had a door which connected to the next room-even though this door was locked it caused a lot of problems that we only discovered much later into the night. We could literally hear everything that the people next door were doing, from there entire conversation, to their child waking up at 4.00am, to the sound of the cutlery as they were having breakfast in the morning. When we called reception all he could say was 'oh sorry about that'. THEN to top it off we ordered a movie and when we pressed pause the movie was no longer there and once again the brilliant reception man had no idea what to do. So I certainly did not enjoy my night here and will never recommend it to anyone.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My Grandparents and i stayed at this property on the 16th Aug for 1 night when going to see Strictly Ballroom. Great location being at Central with all forms of public transport available just outside the door. Checked in by friendly staff and Hayden at Checkout was very helpful offering a taxi or storing bags for the day. The room was very simple and exactly what was needed for the stay.The best feature was the small coffee machine in the room,much needed in the morning when you just wake-up. Bright bathroom and big room with enough space for all three of us. One other great feature was the 3 hour comp wifi in the rooms.It was reliable for just checking FB or some emails but would recommend buying the package if needing big downloads.
In the morning we took advantage if the $18 buffet. Basic buffet but would have liked the choice of maybe fried or poached eggs instead of just scrambled (for those who can't have dairy).
Overall it is a nice stay and would recommend to others visiting the city.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Tuross Head, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for one night only due to seeing a show. Great location with central rail station right across road. Easy walk to markets and chinatown. Staff were polite and helpful. Stayed on a higher floor which you could still here traffic noise but not enough to keep me awake. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pandora333
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Everything was fantastic, from the friendly staff, to the hygiene and cleanliness, to the sleep quality of the soft bed. There isn't anything that I had a problem with.

I loved how accessible it was, being on a popular street and of walking distance to the area with night life and the town hall, as well as being within 7 minutes' walking distance from the subway. Everything was conveniently within reach, including convenient stores and cafes just below us.

The staff were friendly and had smiles on their faces even when we were coming back to the hotel late into the night. I would like specially commend the housekeeping staff, because they really did a good job at cleaning and tidying up the apartment after whatever mess we made. I loved returning to the clean and tidied room after a long day outside. View wasn't so great since we were facing another flat, but it wasn't a problem as we kept the translucent curtains closed.

The bed was really soft and comfortable, so we didn't have any issues with sleep. We were staying on a relatively high floor so it was quiet at night, which made for great quality sleep.

The only downside was that the toilet lights were slightly faulty. They would dim and brighten at times, but it didn't pose much of a problem to us since the dimming was very minor. The shower head was also faulty and would sometimes jet if we leave it running at full blast for too long.

Considering the level of comfort, ease of accessibility and the friendly staff, I definitely wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I return to Sydney for a holiday. I definitely recommend this as a great place for friends and couples.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for minimal noise
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Lyon, France
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Rendezvous twice during our stay in Sydney due to the hotel's location. It is right at Central train station so you have access to buses and trains going anywhere. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Good value for where it is.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily R, Assistant Hotel Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Sydney Central, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Parisitaly11,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed both of your stays with us while in Sydney.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Sydney.

Helpful Hint: Contact the Hotel directly for your next booking for our best rate guarantee.

Warm Regards,

Emily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Central Business District
Vibe Hotel Sydney
Vibe Hotel Sydney
#73 of 178 in Sydney
Central Business District
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
#98 of 178 in Sydney

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Sydney Central? Share your experiences!