“This hotel is a class act!!”

Establishment Hotel
Ranked #89 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to be spoilt , indulged and you enjoy the finer things in life ....this is the place for you!
Hemisphere is hedonism at its best... with out peer... there is not one other venue in Australia that can provide five star dining , an array of bars , ambience , opulence, atmosphere and service ...Hemisphere has it all...

The complex also offers accommodation which you would have to rate as something special!!
While Grandma may enjoy the place the crowd is in the main aged 20 to 50 , seriously well dressed and not looking as if they are short of a quid!!
Enjoy a night at Hemisphere ... It is not a mirage the place is the real deal!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I really enjoyed the Establishment Hotel.
The rooms have a different feel to the traditional studio suites, so it takes away the hotel monotony for oft-travellers.
Check in was easy and the room felt incredibly spacious.
The complimentary biscuits and herbal 'pre sleep' tea was a nice touch.
The bathroom was huge, and to touch on a pet topic of mine, the toilet paper was high quality. (I can't believe the number of high priced hotels that go to great lengths to please their guest in terms of service and fit out and then roll out cheap toilet paper.)
The laneway my room overlooked was incredibly noisy at 5am on the first morning I stayed there, but was much quieter the next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CJ_from_WA_OK
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Tricky to find in laneway. Parking problematic. Large clean luxurious room. Great bed Forest of incense being burnt in lobby. Would come back. Efficient front desk. Very quiet. Good place to base for city show and dinner

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed here for a week while on vacation in Sydney. I was on the fifth floor. The hotel is a little difficult to find (the main entrance is off of an alley-way). But the location itself is great, centrally located to many of the major sights in Sydney with easy access to Circular Quay and it's trains/buses/ferries. The room was comfortably sized and clean, with lots of sunlight during the day. The bed was soft and comfortable. The (free!) in-room internet was fast and reliable. The bathroom is large, with a full sized and deep tub, and a walk-in shower. There is a small gym in the hotel with somewhat outdated equipment. The employees working at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, giving me solid advice about where to eat and taking care of my needs. The breakfast restaurant was great, and the servers were super helpful. The service in the hotel bars was a little more sketchy, but not so much that it ruined the experience. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We really enjoy the hotel, Great location, near to the rocks, opera house, and a lot of Bars and Restaurants, amazing food. The room were spacious, clean and trendy, the service costumer were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed her last weekend for my birthday, which was a huge let down. I couldn't wait to leave the place! From the moment we checked in our mood was dampened by the rude girl on the front desk (Sheila). The only person who made the stay worthwhile was Simon. We were taken to our rooms (I booked two) and none of the music worked due to a party that was held their the night prior. So we had to wait to get that sorted. Our rooms never got made up the following day until we called up to ask them to, then on the Saturday we had someone wanting to make up our room at 8am, they actually woke us up to come in! I had someone wake me up another morning while I had privacy on to deliver coffee which I hadn't ordered. Our other room kept receiving calls from concierge while they were sleeping also. The staff need a wake up call as it actually made me super upset. The worst thing is that we didn't even get a 'sorry'. Nothing! I was going to leave after the first night but didn't want the hassle- I'm truly disappointed and feel like it was a waste of a weekend. I travel all the time and iv honestly got to say that Sheila is the worst person iv ever had to deal with! I had to bite my tongue while checking out as I was going to go off at her! The hotel itself is in a kool spot and trendy but also very noisy at night with all the bars and you are woken early hours of the morning with rubbish trucks outside. Rooms aren't sound proof so you hear everything!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Anomyouss
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Room 41 has a broken bathroom door. Broken window cover and when the light is on, it sounds like a speaker is turned on. Honestly. One expects more. This hotel is in real need of investment . Concierge was unable to get us a reservation at Mr Wong which is part of the complex. Service? In saying all of that the building is a real classic and could be fab given the attention it needs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple