We recently stayed here for three nights in May. While overall the experience was OK - I would not recommend this hotel as I think there are better options available.
The hotel is well located on the city-side of Darling Harbour, a 2 minute walk to Chinatown, the QVB building and shopping streets as well as Cocklebay Wharf. If location is a key need you will like the area and the easy access it gives you to central Sydney.
A typical Four Points this hotel has all the basics covered, restaurant and bar area, conference facilities, gym but the design of the hotel reception area is neither modern or inviting (although its great to have the off-street driveway if arriving by taxi or car). The gym itself is small and not very well ventilated - its location next to the conference rooms may mean you are coming out hot and sweaty at the same time as tea and coffee for 50 executives.
Checkin seems smooth. We made the unfortunate mistake of not specifying that the room was for 2 people. The effect of this was that we were only offered a room with two single beds - due to the hotel being fully booked. This was obviously disappointing - and would have been nice to be emailed in advance to clarify/warn us of this.
The room was OK. We were on a lower floor at the far end of the corridor meaning that we were close to the motorway that the rooms look over. Getting a higher floor room would be recommended as this will give you the benefits of the view (nice over darling harbour) without the noise of traffic. Our airconditioning also was not working properly.
Cleanliness was not as high as we would have expected. This was due to the rooms being tired with a lot of luggage marks on the walls, cracked tiles in the bathroom and we also needed to request that some of the bedding be changed due to stains.
The staff were friendly and helpful and unlike another recent review we had no issues - everyone was quick to address any questions, concerns and over advice.
Overall I think this is a functional hotel that may (depending on time of year) represent a value for money option in a central location. But if you want the hotel to be part of your experience I would suggest looking elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need to travel the way you like. Located adjacent to Darling Harbour in Sydney's Central Business District (CBD), our hotel is a haven of relaxation for the business or leisure traveler. As Sydney's largest hotel, Hyatt Regency Sydney (formerly a Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour)boasts 892 guestrooms, three dining experiences, and 3,450 square metres of flexible meeting space. We invite you to enjoy an unparalleled Australian getaway. Hyatt Regency Sydney has the facilities to cater for all your needs. This includes complimentary Wi-Fi, tour services, laundry services, convenient room service, 24-hour front desk, limousine service, car rentals, parking (for a fee) and babysitting services - We can help you with all of that! Plus our guests have complimentary access to a 24-hour fitness centre. Hungry? Enjoy a tasty meal in a casual setting. The Sailmaker features 272 seats and an Australian-inspired menu. The Rooftop Bar, an open-air rooftop lounge (opening late December), offers guests unparalleled views of Darling Harbour. The Lobby Bar is located in the lobby and serves coffee, tea, snacks, and alcoholic beverages, while the Regency Club Lounge (opening late December) offers Regency Club guests a daily continental breakfast and all-day refreshments. At any hour of day, room service is available with an extensive menu. Our guest rooms feature comfortable beds, large flat screen TVs, cable television, movies on-demand, over sized work desk, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safe, air conditioning, alarm clock, wake-up service, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, and a free weekday newspaper (on-demand). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- 4 Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour
- Four Points Darling Harbour
- Four Points Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Four Points
- Sydney Sheraton