“Still waiting to check in”

Hyatt Regency Sydney
Ranked #82 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
“Still waiting to check in”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have now been waiting for an hour to check in, 1 1/2 hours after check in opened. Only offer of a free drink, not good enough

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank ZRowley
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Zoewolf,

Thank you for the gift of feedback and I apologise for your late check in experience and the inconvenience this has caused you. While we endeavour every effort to check in guests as soon as we can, there may be times when delays happen. Your feedback is very important to us as it enables us to better understand how we may improve areas of service where we strive to meet and exceed guests expectations. As such I would welcome if you could contact me at the hotel directly, regarding the details, so I may personally follow up. I look forward to speaking with you and hope this incident will not deter you from staying with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (987)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed in the harbour view room and had great unobstructed view of the harbour. The size of the room is reasonable but what's important was that it was very clean. Service was excellent in all departments. The buffet breakfast at the hotel had a lot of variety and was really good. So was the buffet seafood dinner.
Best of all, the hotel was within walking distance to Darling Harbour which was great. I think it took us less than 5 minutes to get to Darling Harbour from the hotel.
We really enjoyed our stay at Four Points.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear scgs,

It was a delight to read your excellent review and thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to know that we have met your expectations on all aspects of your stay, from the good location of our hotel, the size, comfort and cleanliness of the guest room, service delivery and your dining experience. I will certainly share your favourable comments to the team. Again, thanks for your great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Brentwood, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Well, I’m a Starwood junkie and love to rack up those SPG points. I could have stayed at the Westin, but decided to stay at the Four Points based on the location and the walk to the Convention Center. I looked online and the property looked like a top notch Four Points property. Well, upon my arrival, there was no one at the door to offer assistance. I walked to the front desk and checked-in with the property SPG guest service agent. The process was flawless and was given my room key. I was given room 666…. I know what your thinking, but I’m open minded. As I entered my room, I hoenstly felt that I just walked into a Motel 6 room. The room was plain, small bathroom, no heavenly bed, pillows were not to “Brand Standard” no plastic cups-based on the amount of bacteria that can be gathered on the glassess, plastic should always be an option for the guest, mini bar looked like the property was on rashions, no slippers, no bottle water, and no robes. Bar lounge is tied into a small scaled resturant/café- you’re better off walking out the door and going to the pub next door. The resturant can be compared to a cafeteria setting. Room service menu is way overly priced with very few selections. If you plan to visit Sydney and you’re an SPG member-choose the Westin..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Angel A
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Angel A,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay in particular for the shortfall in the arrival experience and room appearance. You may appreciate to know that room enhancements are part of our capital expenditure plan and when completed will give our rooms a new, modern and revitalised look. As a valued Starwood and SPG member I would welcome the opportunity for you to contact me directly at the hotel so we may arrange for you to experience one of the new rooms including enhance amenities on your next visit. We value your feedback and thank you also for your comments concerning room service menu and pricing, On a positive side, I am pleased to know that you do recommend our pub at the Dundee Arms next door which provides more options with a point of difference. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions over the last few years. The level of service, furnishings and welcome just keep getting better. From check in to check out the staff were genuinely helpful and friendly and set the standard for service in Sydney. Great value. We will be back again

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steve B
Dear Steve B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney and taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate your patronage of our hotel and I am delighted that you are happy with our services and facilities. We always do our best efforts to provide our guests with a wonderful experience and I am glad to know that you will be returning to stay with us. Again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to your next stay in Sydney, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed here in three nights. Good sized room. But no dressing robes nor slippers provided and no complimentary mineral water. Our room unfortunately faced part of the car park with offices and a gym at the far end. But we were walking distance to the Aquarium at Darling Harbour and the shopping centres.

However, service was very good and fast especially when we requested a couple of blankets for our room. Breakfast was varied. Great to have a variety eg. Japanese food instead of the usual bacon, sausage and eggs. Huge range of fruit which I love. Complimentary breakfast included after our third night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear aster_palms,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your views online. I am glad to know that you were happy with our service delivery and our great location which is just a short stroll to Darling Harbour, local attractions, shopping and entertainment venues. I appreciate your favourable comments concerning your dining experience at our Corn Exchange Restaurant. We have made a number of enhancements in our dining venues, from food quality, presentation and menus offering a variety of food options to our guests. As for the slippers and robes, while these are not standard items in all our guest rooms, they can be provided on request. Again, thanks for the gift of feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points and hopefully you can try our harbour view rooms on your next visit.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel. We were even upgraded to a suite. The view was wonderful of darling harbour. So much so that we didn't close the curtain a night so we could enjoy the view. The breakfast buffet is excellent, great variety of food and the staff are always willing to help. The check in staff were also lovely and helpful. We were there for hair expo and because the hotel is so close to the convention centre and darling harbour, we could walk everywhere, which saves on taxi fares. We will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2012
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

It was in a great location, and upon arrival we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff. Everything was handled promptly, and we were given a room with a gorgeous view of the harbour. The buffet breakfast was good, and in-room dining was not too bad either! For the low price one is paying, this is an excellent hotel no doubt, home away from home! :)

Room Tip: I would request a room with a view!