“A pleasant stay, though our room is on the smaller side”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My partner booked this hotel for my birthday as I have always told him I wanted to try the Four Seasons.

The valet parking service was wonderful, the service at the reception desk was professional and courteous. You can't any better location than this place. The Rock and Circular Quay are just at the door step. The Lobby is grant. The service we received from the hotel staff was just wonderful, professional and courteous and we cannot fault anything on the service.

The Wow factors stopped when we reached the room. Although the room has everything we expected for a 5 star hotel (comfortable king bed, modern decoration, clean, big LCD TV, DVD player, a desk, clean bathroom with boutique bathroom personal products), we were a bit disappointed with the size of the room and the view for the prize we paid (bathroom was also small as well). We do have a harbour view with a bit of the Harbour bridge. The first reaction we had was, did we get downgraded. We have stayed at the Shangari-La a number of times and for a fractionally cheaper rate, the room we had at the Shangari-La was double the size (with a living room) with full Harbour Bridge and Opera House View.

Overall it was still a wonderful and pleasant stay but next time, we would stick to the Shangari-La next door (Sorry!)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear CanberraTourist,

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and service.

The room that you stayed in is a Deluxe room. Our Grand Premier rooms are more spacious, and our Executive Suites offer a separate living area. If you would like to stay with us again, please let me know and I can help arrange your stay with us. You can contact me directly at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

We hope to see you next time you're in Sydney.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed in Four Seasons Sydney for one week. Location-wise it's perfect for tourists. Close to the Circular Quay ferry pier/train staion, minutes walk to The Rocks, with a lot of cafes, pubs and restaurants. You can simply explore The Rocks, Bontanical Gardens, Sydney Opera House all by foot. Besides, every morning (if you wake up early) there's free coffee and bottle of water available at the lobby. But they will be gone after 10am+.

For the room, the mattress is superb !! No wonder Four Seasons advise to refer you to buy their mattress if you want, haha.

For shortcomings, I have to say this hotel is traditional style. Don't expect its brand new renovated or boutique style. To be honest I would suggest Four Seasons to renovate the hotel if possible, as really quite "worn-out".

Room Tip: Choose a room facing harbour view, high floor if possible. As higher floors have less A/C unit noise...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear kellyrila,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I'm glad to hear it was a pleasant stay and you enjoyed the location, lobby coffee station and our mattresses.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Sydney.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just splendid, treated like royalty from start to finish...Breakfast was AMAZING, Staff AMAZING, Rooms SPECTACULAR, breakfast was just an array of 5* dishes - we didn't want to leave! Rooms pretty spacious, with wonderful views harbour/city, luxurious fittings too. We got upgraded due to size of our family, unfortunatley this year we now have another addition & the only down side is the cost of the bigger rooms - we just can't stretch to it for 1 night away so had to book elsewhere this year. However, WILL be having b/fast here again & hope to stay here in the future, when staying with family, so we can organise more rooms & spread the kiddies out a little. But i highly recommend this to ANYONE (except maybe larger families of 5+ only due to size/cost of rooms).
Fab location too (just across the rd from Circular Quay)

Room Tip: Gotta get a harbour view, seriously if you're in Sydney it's a shame not to pay a bit extra...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Zippybear,

Thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel following your stay with us. We're so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We wish you safe travels with your family, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed in the Four season in Sydney for three nights and was sooooooooo dissapointed. The Four season hotels world wide have an excellent reputation but it in my opinion the Sydney hotel clearly needs some extra training off their staff. From entry to house keeping. The location was excellent for the harbour and the Rocks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LadyA53
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Lady A53,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay due to staff training and would love to hear from you further on your experience with us so we can better serve our guests. I would appreciate it if you could email me at david.macklin@fourseasons.com on your thoughts and feedback, and any specific incidents that may have happened so we can adequetely address these issues.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arrived 1 hour before check-in time and was advised that we could have a room on the 18th floor now, or wait 90 mins for a higher floor. We decided to wait as we had paid extra for a full harbour view and wanted to maximise this. However, when we returned, we were given a room on the 19th floor! With great reluctance, the receptionist gave us a room on the 22nd floor, but I was definitely given the impression that she was doing us a favour, and was not happy at having to move us (I don't know if there is a price differential between certain floor levels - maybe I should have been grateful that this receptionist possibly went to the trouble of upgrading us!). In any case, a very poor experience.
View was great, although a higher floor would have been better.
Warning for people who are being picked-up by tour buses - there is a back door on the 3rd floor which is used for this purpose - don't wait at the front entrance!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bill W,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and I'm glad you enjoyed the full harbour view from your room. On behalf of the hotel, I do apologise for any offence caused at the front desk by our receptionist. I can assure you that we aim to handle all of our communications warmly and politely.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Safe travels

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed at this Hotel on December 2013 for one night. we stayed there to celebrate my husband's birthday. The room was excellent, nice and comfort bed, the view that we got just a normal city view.we did not upgrade to opera house view because we need to pay additional fee. the breakfast was FANTASTIC, friendly staff.we were impressed by the service on our breakfast.there is a live music as well.the pool was nice.the room service was really good,we went out for dinner and when we came back (which is only 2 hours) They have cleaned our bathroom and put an box of ice in our room.The only think we do not really like is the service from the receptionist when we want to check out.but overall nice place to stay, little bit pricey but you pay what you get,will definitely stay here again if we have any celebrations in the future.

Room Tip: Book this hotel include the breakfast package,you won't regret the breakfast.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cofecia,

Thank you for your review, and happy belated birthday to your husband. I'm glad you enjoyed your celebrations here at the hotel. I do apologise if any of our receptionists caused offence on check-out, as we do aim to have all communications with guests in a warm and friendly manner.

We hope we can welcome you back soon for many more celebrations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed for a weekend medical conference - took the train from the airport to Circular Quay as the taxi queue was endless and then it was only a short walk along the quay to the hotel. Found the layout of the foyer not user friendly - came down for a cocktail after arriving quite late but couldn't find the bar - the sign was tiny and I only found it the next day when walking back into the hotel - but the cocktail was very nice. Also I think that only having the hotel facilities listed on the in room TV - although green to avoid paper waste was just a little too trendy and I had to ring down to find out that was where they were. Very close to The Rocks so I was able to get in a quick bit of sightseeing and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Merlouis,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review of the hotel. I'm glad to hear the majority of your stay was enjoyable. I do apologise if our Front Desk staff failed to inform you of the location of our bar, which is located just off the lobby area, and accessible from George St. I'm glad you enjoyed your drink there, and we hope to welcome you back soon.