“Incredible views of Sydney”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We spent a night here with a harbour view which was amazing, such a sight to see before sleep and again waking up! We were treated to watching the arrival of the Queen Elizabeth on Mardi Gras weekend which was the icing on the cake. Concierge could not have been more helpful, and very friendly. Definitely recommend the hotel for location and service, would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Guaranteed harbour view ...fantastic !
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear lorryb,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad to hear you had an excellent stay! Thank you also for the kind words about our Concierge service. We hope to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This will definitely be our new Sydney base! Very pleased. Initially we only chose the Four Seasons for its location and car parking. However, we were so happy that it met our (quite high) expectations.
In the past we've always stayed at other hotels nearby (most more expensive), but none have been as organised and lovely and we'll never stay elsewhere in the CBD. The valet parking was very efficient even though it was busy, the rooms were lovely and clean, but most importantly: 1) the room service food was amazing especially breakfast (porridge and tea for me and French toast for my husband), and 2) every single staff member we encountered was exceptionally polite, friendly and genuinely seemed to be happy doing their job.
Also, it was special to experience an outdoor pool in the city. So relaxing. The location is fantastic and only one block from one of our favourite restaurants (Neptune Palace).
Stayed in Deluxe and Grand Premier rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kellykelly18,

Thank you for your review, I was pleased to hear you had an exceptional stay. Thank you for your comments about your room service breakfast, our valet parking and location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here for a week in harbour view room. Fantastic location with easy access to ferries, restaurants ect.
Staff need a crash course in service, coffee machine in foyer located beside restaurant required milk, ( only here during breakfast ) asked cashier/ receptionist in restaurant for assistance , she walked over to machine, returned and said " that's not my department" You would assume the response would be no problem let me fix that. Coffees were made in restaurant so we did end up with the coffees but left us feeling it was an imposition.

Day before a colleague staying in hotel was celebrating a birthday, we bought his fave dessert and asked reception to arrange for it to be delivered to his room as a surprise. Proved very difficult and took a lot of persuasion for this to be actioned. She kept asking if we wanted to talk to guest, well that would have defeated the surprise then!
Staff don't seem capable to think outside the square. Not what you expect in a hotel with room rate close to $500 night. Cannot compare to the Shangri-La Hotel or Park Hyatt

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Foodlovermale

Dear Foodlovermale,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback regarding your stay with us in April. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to improve our product and service.

I am sorry to hear that we disappointed you with our service during your stay. This is certainly not the standard we aim for. We will use the information you have provided to train and educate our staff on providing exceptional levels of service.

Again, our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, good location and great views, rooms getting dated and showing age, staff helpful, but please don't stay here if you want a peaceful nights sleep. The noise of train horns are loud even on the 28th floor.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank ExpertWorldTraveller

Dear ExpertWorldTraveller,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us due to the noise. Should you choose to stay with us in future, please do let us know of your preferences, and we will do our best to accommodate you in a room away from the city-side of the hotel.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I am usually a big fan of the Four Seasons hotels, but I have to say, I came away very disappointed in my experience in Sydney. Happy to hear the usual "Welcome to the Four Seasons" delivered nicely by the doormen we had high hopes for a great long weekend stay. However, when we arrived at the front desk, our reception person, Stephanie, turned out to be incompetent. After several minutes, she finally identified our reservation for two adjoining deluxe harbor view rooms and informed us that only one was ready. She Indicated that the mini-bar was being currently being serviced and that once completed the room would be available for us. She gave us the keys to the adjoining room, which was ready, and promised that the minibar service would be completed promptly and she would send up the keys within 15 mins. We waited in the room (more on those later) for over 45 minutes and finally had to call the front desk to find out what was happening - Stephanie clearly dropped the ball as no one knew about our situation. Service showed up and unlocked the adjoining door with a master key. We stepped out to walk a bit and when we returned after 2 hours, we approached the front desk for our key and encountered Stephanie once again. She looked at us as if she'd never seen us before and when we explained our situation, apologized and noted she forgot - totally unacceptable at these prices. Unfortunately, our bad start didn't end there - our deluxe suite with full harbor views was very lackluster. All beige and dark browns, chipped furniture and poor lighting. Not exactly what I have experienced at other Four Seasons. The suite bathroom was oddly configured and had only one sink, small toiletries and a tight shower. Our boys' adjoining deluxe harbor view room was the size of a shoebox. About 6 inches separated the twin beds from each other and from the inner wall. Not even a bedside table between would fit. We had heard the rooms were small, but trust me - at these prices, they're tiny! Additionally, the storage was minimal - no dresser to lay clothes in other than a few narrow, shallow drawers in a small closet. The suite's closet wasn't really any better - just bigger. On the plus side, the Executive Club to which we had "privileges" was very nice. The Staff there was welcoming and the food, drinks etc for breakfast and cocktails was great. The concierge desk was also terrific! They arranged drivers and reservations for us with ease and were eager to please. To cap off our experience, we approached the front desk late on the eve prior to our early morning departure and we had the misfortune of encountering Stephanie again. When we asked for a copy of our bill, she presented us with a 3 day room tally for the two rooms. We indicated that the rooms had been prepaid and had a voucher to prove it - she of course, could not find that until we continued to press her on that fact. We asked her to provide us with our bill with a $0 balance and she refused and said we weren't entitled to it - WHAT??? We were incredulous! Unfortunately, she was our last impression of this nicely located hotel. Would we return to the FS Sydney on our next visit - I'd have to say no given the quality of the rooms/bath and the misfortune of encountering incompetent reception and checkout.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryKay519

Dear MaryKay519,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us, and for that, I wholeheartedly apologise. You are correct in that Four Seasons should deliver a better standard of service than what you experienced.

We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our product and service, and we will be using your experience to help us in that regard.

Thank you for the comments on our Executive Club and Concierge, I am glad that you enjoyed these aspects of your stay.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Our experience of staying at this hotel was very delightful. What a fantastic location! Right in the heart of CBD and so convenient. Do remember to pay for the upgrade to a harbor view room - you will love the views. Plenty of dining options available around the hotel. Saved us a lot of dollars as it is right in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade and love the scenic views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Elite_traveler_927

Dear Elite_traveler_927,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our location and harbour views. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights at the end of March 2014. This truly is a beautiful hotel. I loved my room on the 28th floor which had harbour views and an Oh so comfortable bed. The rooms are tastefully decorated in soft neutrals and I find this very restful and elegant. The staff were very friendly & attentive and I was made to feel particularly welcome. A special thanks to Stephanie on Reception who I dealt with initially when I made my booking in person as she secured a special price for me and was very warm and helpful. When I returned 2 weeks later after my cruise she remembered me and saw me to the lifts after issuing my key cards. As I was arriving and leaving I was met by staff who offered to take my suitcase and assist me in whatever way I needed. Little extra touches can make such a difference.

A very important benefit for me as a solo female traveller was the very easy access this hotel has from Circular Quay station, the ferries and the Overseas Passenger Terminal. Something that I was largely unaware of was Sydney’s hilly topography. When you look at the map there’s nothing to indicate how difficult it might be to haul your luggage to your destination but it’s just an easy stroll with a very slight incline to this well located hotel.

I was very pleased with my choice and would love to stay there again should I ever return to Sydney.

Room Tip: Ask for a high rise harbour view room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear TravelBugPerth,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm glad to hear you had a great stay - and thank you for pointing out the staff who served you well.

I wish you safe travels, and hope to see you again soon at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.