“Very good”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #32 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 20 April 2014

What a relief to be at the Four Seasons again. Although I wouldn't class this as one of the top Four Seasons hotels, it was still a blessed relief to be here after all the other Sydney and Northern Beaches hotels I stayed at. Once I upgraded my room a class, I was very happy in a spacious, attractive and comfortable room with a harbour view. Bed was great and I slept like a dream. Service was always very attentive. That said, the hotel lacked any real wow factor. The lobby is average and the executive lounge was fine, but nothing special. I would definitely stay again though if I'm in Sydney.

Room Tip: Definitely worth booking a harbour view room and don't go for the most basic room as they are sm...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear LondonCC,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

For our five day stay, we had an amazing harbour-view room, which overlooked, on one side, the Sydney Opera House and the other, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and in the middle, Circular Quay, where cruise ships were constantly arriving and departing. This made for an irresistible impulse to just sit and absorb the wonderful vistas during both day and night. The room was very very comfortable and was well appointed, as was the bathroom. The buffet breakfast was also very good and matched our expectations of what we would choose when travelling.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kaye D,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad to hear your stay was an enjoyable one, and you enjoyed the harbour view room as well as our extensive buffet breakfast. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and the location is a good place. But the service is horrible, the rooms are small and the lobby is not that welcoming. Overall, go to a different hotel, it was summer and it was not a welcoming time, Christmas was not spent well.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Irantraveller

Dear Irantraveller,

I'm sorry to hear you had a disappointing stay with us, and I would love to hear further about your experience with us. Please do email me at david.macklin@fourseasons.com, as we would welcome your feedback.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The family accompanied my wife while she was at a conference here so we could have a bit of a mini break on our home town. We had a wonderful time in this hotel. The service was attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The location is good for tourists - close to the quay and the rocks. Room service was great - I had ordered a breakfast to arrive before the scheduled start time of 6am and it was promptly delivered and set up in our room silently while everyone else in the room slept soundly. Valet car parking was a great plus too. Definitely recommend this establishment!

Stayed: July 2013

Dear AzzSydney,

Thank you for your glowing review, I'm glad your family had a lovely stay with us. Thank you also for the kind words about our room service and valet parking. We hope to welcome you at another stay-cation soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

If "location, location, location" was all that mattered, this hotel hits it out of the park. With its proximity to the central ferry terminal, subway stop, The Rocks/Sydney Harbor Bridge, and dining choices, the location is unmatched. However, the experience is atypical of a Four Seasons Hotel. This is a large hotel in a big [and unattractive] cement building. The lobby is adjacent to the hotel convention space and it is busy, loud, and congested. There is no sense of tranquility experienced upon arrival with all of the frenetic activity. The elevators (at least six) are always busy. The hotel bar is barely adequate and the drinks were marginal and food should be avoided. The hotel restaurant, not surprisingly, is very busy. Think lots of people wandering a buffet line and tables spaced too close together. The food was good, but not great. If breakfast is not included with your room, then I would seek your morning meal elsewhere. All day room service menu has ample choices and the late night meal was fine. The fitness room is large with all of the equipment that you need. Other guests reported positive experiences at the hotel spa. I had a large corner room with views of the opera house. Contrary to other reviewers I have no complaints about the room, room decor, or space. The bathroom and closet were large and there was plenty of work space and just space to spread your bags, etc in the room. Internet experience was a nightmare! The hotel caps the number of devices for which you can receive complimentary internet. I tried to purchase additional licenses (absurd that I would even have to do such a think (2014!!)) since there were two of us in the room each with phones, ipads and computers. That experience resulted in multiple and lengthy calls to tech support who could not solve the particular problem but in the end just gave me some sort of pass code to allow access. Who has time for that?!?! Notwithstanding the overall unexpected experience related mostly to the property, itself, the staff was typical Four Seasons- meaning excellent. Everyone from valet to concierge, front desk staff to housekeeping was helpful and pleasant. Undoubtedly the Australian accent helps, but the staff really did make a great effort despite being busy and harried at seemingly all times. You cannot really go wrong with any Four Seasons Hotel and this hotel, in the overall, is no exception. If you don't mind a large and busy hotel, then this property will be fine, especially if you are a tourist wanting access to Sydney sights. However, if you prefer a smaller, more intimate property then you should look elsewhere, specifically including the Park Hyatt.

Room Tip: A corner room will give you more space. Views of the harbor and opera house are great
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Latitudes_Dancer

Dear Latitudes_Dancer,

Thank you for your thorough and detailed review following your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback, and were glad to note that you enjoyed our location, service and room service. I do apologise for the inconvenience that you experienced with the internet, and I trust our staff did their best to sort this out.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Four Seasons is well located right next to Circular Quay and The Rocks.
The rooms arent cheap and frankly are a little dated (fittings) but still other furnishings are classic and functional.
The conceireage, room attendants and front desk staff are all a pleasure to deal with. Requests (smaller pillows, roll-away set up for our child, room service) were all met quickly and efficiently.
Grain bar is a wonderful late night venue and again the service was as good as you could expect. The Executive club is a tad tired and if its important to you, then try The Sheraton on the Park, The Intercontinetal or even The shangri-la whose facilities are considerably better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel location is very good but its amenities and service are definitely not Four Seasons standard. Our room (although standard) was tiny, dated and quite basic. The hotel is huge with many guests, conferences and functions going on and lots of people about. We found the standard room at the nearby Shanri-La much better and almost double in size (particularly the bathroom). Even better was the standard room at QT Sydney, but that is more of a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claremont2023
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Claremont2023,

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed your time in Sydney. I do apologise for the disappointing experience you had with us, and I'm sorry we weren't able to create an exceptional stay for you.

Our Grand Premier rooms and Executive Suites offer more room than the Deluxe rooms, and should you choose to return to Four Seasons, I can recommend an upgrade to these larger rooms. Should you wish to contact me about your stay or any other feedback you may have, please do email me at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

Safe travels,