“First class service in excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #30 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
San Francisco, California
“First class service in excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at this truly 5 star hotel and were mesmerized by the Opera and Bridge View room. The food was exceptionally well prepared and the staff was solicitous and friendly. Location, location, location is what makes this hotel beyond 5 stars. Its in the Rocks Quay area, close to the ferries, the highly efficient train to the airport, the botanical garden and close to wonderful walking tours in the HarborQuay and great shopping on George Street.
I would recommend this hotel as a standard for all other hotels to emulate..
Well done

Room Tip: Try to get a package with breakfast and an extra day included. Ask for a high floor, 24 and above w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear 368Sydney18,

Thank you for your great review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney. I'm delighted to hear you had an exceptional stay, and enjoyed our great location. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel was fantastic in everyway, stayed in a club room over looking the Opera House and Harbour bridge. Every morning I would wake up and think WOW The views were fantastic, I would sit at the window every morning with a cup of tea and watch the sun rise I felt extremley lucky. The room was extremley spacious but cosey with a very warm feel. The beds were fabulous very big and comfy.

When we arrived at the hotel we were greated by very friendly staff who could not do enough for you from the moment we stepped out of our car. I would most definitely reccomend doing the club package which gived you access to the club lounge at the top of the hotel, the food was very good especially breakfast and again the staff were amazing and worked extremley hard.

The location of the hotel is perfect situated very close to the opera house and harbour bridge, the hop on hop off bus startes and finishes just outside the hotel, really was best situated to explore the great city of sydney. There were very nice restaurants and bars close by and great shopping within walking distance.

Myself and my family really did love this hotel and we have all decided we will be back very soon as not only loved the hotel but loved Sydney. Would reccommend to anyone staying in Sydney

Room Tip: Club room with Harbour view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear LukeGWW,

Thank you for your lovely words following your recent stay with us. I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

A good, large hotel very close to the harbour, opera house and the rocks. The service was good and the rooms are fine. There is a bar that looks onto George street where you can sit for hours and do people watching.
I did however feel that the hotel did not live up to Four Seasons standards.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Reenwoud
Dear Reenwoud,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay, however, I would love to hear from you further about the ways in which we could improve our standards, as I see you travel to many Four Seasons properties globally. Please do feel free to email me at david.macklin@fourseasons.com, should you wish to discuss further.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Four Seasons with my young family for seven days in a Grand Harbour Room. Good size and great location! Some minor flaws such as broken shower head holder and room service food was not lifeless (ie. pasta dishes especially). However, good concierge service and was much appreciated the daily ice pack and ice bucket!!

Stayed April 2014
Dear simonkaka,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our concierge service, and I do apologise for the issues you encountered with your bathroom and room service. I trust these issues were rectified quickly, and to your liking. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your young family back soon.

Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very small room with barely space for luggage. Inconsistent housekeeping services. Not what you expect of a four seasons except the price. Free Internet was too slow to use so paid upgrade was necessary.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear frequntlyinahotel,

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with aspects of your stay, and for that I duly apologise. We do appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative, as it helps us to better understand the needs of our guests, as well as improve our product and service. Thank you for providing honest, thoughtful and considered feedback for us to consider.

I would be interested in hearing from you further about your housekeeping experience, and invite you to email me at david.macklin@fourseasons.com, if you are interested in discussing this matter further.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

What a relief to be at the Four Seasons again. Although I wouldn't class this as one of the top Four Seasons hotels, it was still a blessed relief to be here after all the other Sydney and Northern Beaches hotels I stayed at. Once I upgraded my room a class, I was very happy in a spacious, attractive and comfortable room with a harbour view. Bed was great and I slept like a dream. Service was always very attentive. That said, the hotel lacked any real wow factor. The lobby is average and the executive lounge was fine, but nothing special. I would definitely stay again though if I'm in Sydney.

Room Tip: Definitely worth booking a harbour view room and don't go for the most basic room as they are sm...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear LondonCC,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Safe travels,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

For our five day stay, we had an amazing harbour-view room, which overlooked, on one side, the Sydney Opera House and the other, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and in the middle, Circular Quay, where cruise ships were constantly arriving and departing. This made for an irresistible impulse to just sit and absorb the wonderful vistas during both day and night. The room was very very comfortable and was well appointed, as was the bathroom. The buffet breakfast was also very good and matched our expectations of what we would choose when travelling.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kaye D,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad to hear your stay was an enjoyable one, and you enjoyed the harbour view room as well as our extensive buffet breakfast. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards