“New management reservations tell fibs.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #30 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“New management reservations tell fibs.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Weve been regulars at Four seasons for years now, suddenly everything changed, usually we could book a favourite room or floor or view, rang to reserve told our requested room was available, asked if price was same as website no it was dearer by $20 dollars then it wasnt
it was 7 dollars dearer, then it suddenly became unavailable, told we could book and pay for a room but no gaurantee where in the hotel it would be! Said hey well pay now but want to kno what room not pot luck, replied no gaurantee. Went there anyway only to be told that the whole
hotel wasbooked on that side! price had returned to website price we said oh well off to the Amora for us, suddenly a room was available on that side, liar liar pants on fire, Receptinist Michael

Room Tip: No chance of choosing a room anymore!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Peter B
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Peter B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with our reservations team. I apologise for the experience you had, and will be looking into this matter further with the team to ensure that in future, our guests receive a seamless reservations experience.

Should you wish to provide any more details on this matter, please do email me directly at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

We hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I've stayed in many hotels -
My room was dated
Bathroom very dated
The bed squeakes
There are no toiletries (no toothbrush or shaver)
No complementary water
Really was disappointed
Very average not worth the money

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ChrisfromAU,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we did not create an exceptional stay for you. Should you wish to share any further feedback, please do email me at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

Warm regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I had a great time at the four seasons. With all the noise outside due to vivid Sydney, it was remarkably quiet once you were inside, a completely different world. The staff were friendly. It was great to be checked in at about 6 am after a very long flight in less than 5 minutes.
Regrettably, I could not use any of the lovely facilities I saw when I walked round the hotel as I had a very tight schedule
I look forward to visiting again to enjoy the luxury and to be spoilt a little.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Booked for the end of Vivid Sydney as a treat for my Mother who is ill. Upon arrival we were greated by the staff and advised of an excellent upgrade. Best views in Sydney. There are no words to say how much we appreciate the experience we were given. All the staff went above and beyond and made our stay a memory of a lifetime. Thank you Four Seasons for caring. Will definately come back.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view to enjoy the Sydney experience
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear SharonDebbie,

Thank you for your kind review and I'm so glad to hear that you and your mother had a wonderful stay. I hope she is much better now. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

With kind regards,
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We go to Sydney fairly often for work, visiting friends, or flying out. We have stayed at a few hotels, but Four Seasons is the one we feel most welcome and comfortable, our home away from home.
From entering the hotel, bell boys and concierge welcome you with attention and friendly smiles. During the stay, staff from Reception, Housekeeping, Restaurants provide professional assistance. Not to mention the Executive Club, the manager Jane and her assistants are most pleasant, helpful, and professional.
The location is perfect for visitors to stroll around and admire the views. We love boat and people watching at Circular Quay. It's walking distance to shopping malls, and office buildings.
Bus, train and ferry are right there for your travels.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: If possible, ask for rooms with views of the Quay.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I have an affection for the Four Seasons group and true to form this hotel did chase me for my feedback - which will enable them to take action so I am hopeful. And to be fair this was about the only room available in CBD at a reasonable rate (during Vivid). (Business rate circa $280Aus).

However the room was small with a view over the road and the bathroom, whilst well appointed with shower and bath was a bit tired.
Staff were all very helpful and whilst it was during a busy conference period I did not feel in any way let down. And it is central.
So good value but disappointing for a Four Seasons in terms of how it's appointed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear HT1359,

Thank you for your review and please accept my sincere apologies that we were not able to create a memorable stay for you. I would be interested in any feedback you have to offer, and you can contact me directly at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed two nights and received an upgrade on check-in. The room was beautiful and contained everything I could possibly need (including a coffee machine). The location is great for seeing the sights of Sydney. I can't think of anything negative about the experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business