“Friendly and Professional Staff, Great!”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #34 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Four Seasons with our 6-year old daughter for a week and found the property very nice and the location ideal for seeing the sights around Sydney. The fantastic staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were helpful not only with requests regarding our room, but also with advice on visiting and traveling in the Sydney area. The location provided easy access to the ferries and trains leaving from Circular Quay and a great selection of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BDH_Bangkok
Write a ReviewReviews (6,333)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel after deciding we needed a weekend away so didn't mind paying the price of $217 for the night in a "City & partial view of the harbour" room. Our expectations were high due to the expected standard of a 5 star hotel, yet apart from the beautiful foyer and restaurant area (you may as well hand them your wallet for a dinner for two), polite service (was disappointed to be asked for an extra $100 to go towards any minibar purchases, thus after our stay it was returned yet an unexpected
inconvenience),the bed and pillows were soft and luxurious and the natural, earthy smelling toiletries were a pleasant surprise. The room had a city view with a partial glimpse of the harbour bridge if you looked out the corner of the window.. disappointing. The room was quite small as was the bathroom which had a small shower (no rainfall showerhead) and standard size bath with no spa. Everything in the room beside a few coffee, tea and sugar sachets came at a
cost.$10 for a bottle of Figi water and $17.95 per movie purchased to just name a few (I would expect water and cable tv complimentary within a five star hotel so this was very disappointing).Our heater didn't work and at checkout I was not asked by the receptionist whether or not we had enjoyed our stay which was disappointing and an uncaring touch. Overall, this hotel is not full of the luxuries you would expect unless you pay the big bucks

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank nomie83
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear nomie83,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review. I was disappointed to read of lapses in our service standards, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. I would welcome any further feedback at david.macklin@fourseasons.com. Do let me know if you choose to return to Four Seasons so I can ensure your stay is a memorable one.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was only in Sydney for 2 days however the Four Seasons was such a great place to stay - perfect location and the all the staff were EXCELLENT! All exceptionally well trained and extremely nice and helpful. No issue was to much and they all went above and beyond to help us out. I will definitely stay there again and tell everyone traveling to Sydney to stay with the Four Seasons - you will not be disappointed. Thank you Four Seasons for such an amazing stay keep up the great work :)

Room Tip: We spent a little extra for a view of the Harbour - great choice :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Relaxing, comfortable 3-night stay at The Rocks end of Sydney CBD, convenient to Circular Quay and most of the city's better features (as opposed to the Central end of George Street or Haymarket) including the Harbour and the Coathanger Esplanade with Dendy Cinema, plenty of fine eateries and of course The Opera House.

Delighted to find out John Cleese has actually wintered here during an Aussie stay. Can see calling it a home away from home with lovely lobby, excellent staff, all the amenities you'd expect from a global icon of elegant lodging. Sadly major construction across the street (200 George St) caused noise and disruption throughout daylight hours.

Of particular note, best pillows I've ever encountered (what were they?!?!?). Inspired me to replace mine. Top notch stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbour View room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Karen R,

Thank you for your feedback and so pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. Our pillows are specially made for Four Seasons and can be purchased for your home through our Concierge department. You can contact them directly at concierge.sydney@fourseasons.com.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the four seasons for 3 nights for my daughters 18th birthday. I could not fault the hotel. The staff were genuinely friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The location is perfect. The King size bed and even the pillows were amazing!!! One of my daughters left her jacket behind and I called the hotel who immediately located the jacket and had it sent to me by express post on that same day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear lenzand1,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful stay and that your jacket was easily found and returned to you. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My car was damaged in the valet service of this hotel and they have denied responsibility despite the broken part being placed in the vehicle. They have refused to return my follow up calls and emails. I am surprised and disappointed that an otherwise fabulous weekend was ruined. Don't risk it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Georgina242014

Dear Georgina,

I was disappointed to read your review, however, I believe our Guest Services Manager has been in contact with you on many occasions regarding this, so I will leave this matter with him as an offline conversation.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at the four seasons for my friends birthday treat and reservations offered complimentary late checkout at 2pm and send a delicious mud cake and hand written card up courtesy of the GM to wish a happy birthday.

The pool area is lovely and tranquil and I felt like I was on holidays...

There were some issues with check out and double charging but was rectified eventually.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: If it is for a special occasion, ask and you shall receive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Brenna P,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed your friend's birthday with us. I'm also pleased that the issues you experienced were easily rectified. We hope we can welcome you back soon for more celebrations.