Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
6,487 results
All reviewsopera housecircular quaygrain barfull harbour view roomexecutive clubroom serviceturn down servicegeorge streetrocks areacity viewperfect locationluxury hotelconcierge deskcorner roompark hyattan upgradebuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Four Seasons Sydney for four nights at the beginning and end of our honeymoon trip through Australia, and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The location is unbeatable! Situated at The Rocks, you get amazing views of the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, and are walking distance to both landmarks. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help us make our stay a pleasant one. We got to stay at the Opera House view room, and it was simply amazing! We also got to stay at the premium room, which was really spacious. The hotel is also walking distance from the Central Quay station, and there is a vast variety of restaurants and other stores. The onlye down side is that the free wifi is ridiculously slow... but, hey, at least is free. I would gladly stay here again!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great location near the harbour bridge, the lobby and bar are ultra modern, great espresso martini but service was a bit slow.

room service menu is comprehensive, but dam expensive.

for what 'four seasons' stands for the rooms feel a bit basic.

Room Tip: ask for a water view room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil_Hancox
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Phil_Hancox,

Thanks for your honest and thoughtful review, we appreciate all feedback as it helps us make our product and service better for our guests. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed an espresso martini in Grain, although I do apologise for the slow service. Thank you also for your feedback on our rooms, we are working on our product to make it even more inviting for our guests.

We would love to welcome you back, and if there's anything I can help with for your next stay with us, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Holiday Inn or a Raddison with a Four Seasons Name on it. NOT in the usual prime Four Seasons Location either.

I admit, I ignored the reviews before arriving, and boy should I have listened to the many reviewers who blasted this hotel. Location is convenient to ferries and one particular part of the city, thats it. It's not great. People this hotel is located literally on top of the approach to the Circular Quay Train Station. Horns start blaring at 3:00am under every window of this building and go all day. Stay away from rooms with full harbor view as they are on the end of the hotel where there is no quiet. First night after arriving from NYC, I waited until 5 am to call the desk who suggested they would send me earplugs. I was on the 33rd floor! The windows are double paned, but they need to be quadruple pained to kill the noise of train locomotives blaring their horns. Next morning I was moved to the other side of the hotel facing the city (slight harborview). Could still hear the horns but was tired of complaining. Room decor was mid 1990s, carpet in the rooms stained. Wood frame around bathroom mirrors chipped, sliding glass shower doors that fell off the track. Bed was comfortable, but at what price? Four Seasons price for a Holiday Inn. Would not stay here or recommend to anyone for all of these reasons. Park Hyatt or the Pullman seemed the best in this area for views and location. Stayed on the executive club floor. The club had a very nice lady at the desk, who was very welcoming, but the furniture, views and food were NOT on par with Four Seasons standards you would expect if you had experienced many other Four Seasons in the world. The wine served at night was appallingly cheap and all offerings were no better than 2 buck chuck at Trader Joe's. Very cheap offerings for guests spending extra for this executive lounge access. It just seems so early 1990's Raddison here as well. Wood paneling and cheap chandeliers reminiscent of a cruise ship decorate the floor hallways. The lobby is the closest attempt to resemble the usual Four Seasons standard.

Highlight: Jorge and his staff at Concierge. I took a cab to Bondi after a client lunch to explore. I lost my wallet and called the hotel for assistance. Jorge pulled security footage of the front entrance where I hailed the cab and got the plate, called the taxi company for me and really calmed me down. He helped me find the local Bondi Beach Police Station. When I got there, a couple had found my wallet on the ground and turned it in. I called Jorge back to thank him for all of his help.. This is the one employee who made this stay worthy of the Four Seasons Brand. He was off the day of my departure otherwise I would have left all of my AUD$ left in my wallet with him before returning home to the States.

I would just like to warn all Americans like me who are world travelers and are used to the Four Seasons experience being 5 stars or more...you are in for a shocker if you stay here. I mean if you must, please chose your room carefully. You may get a great view of the harbor, but you will pay for it with much needed sleep. (outside underneath the train overpass there is a sign that says this is a "noise sensitive zone" I wonder if it's from all the hotel complaints).

Room Tip: do not book a Harbourview room ( paid upgraded room) with 03-06 as the last numbers. Try for rooms with 11-13 as the last numbers.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank palmster

Dear palmster,

Thank you for your honest and detailed review. We appreciate all feedback, and please note that we will be discussing your comments with our management team so we can rectify the issues you experienced during your stay with us.

We would love to restore your faith in our hotel, so if you are planning a return visit, please do let me know so I can ensure your needs are looked after. My direct email address is david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

Thank you for your comments about our Chef Concierge, Jorge. He is truly an asset to the hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have to admit to being a little disappointed with The Four Seasons, Sydney. Some confusion at check in meant it took a little longer than ideal before we could get up to our room. The room itself proved to be on the cosy side, with fairly dark, dated furniture and features. The bathroom was poky and you had to carefully manoeuvre the shower door given its proximity to other bathroom furniture. There wasn't really an ideal spot to plug in the hairdryer to be near a mirror either.

We used concierge's help to confirm a reservation at Quay and found the staff to be fairly helpful and friendly. However, we wanted to book a cab to the airport as we were leaving very early the following day and were put off of doing so as there would be cabs available outside. To avoid any issues, I'd have preferred it if the concierge had granted our request to book a cab. Luckily, it was all OK though.

The best feature of our stay The Four Seasons was the view... the perfect spot overlooking Circular Quay and the Opera House. However, you can probably find better and more modern accommodation in Sydney that would also give you that.

Overall... it was OK. The standards you expect from The Four Seasons are there, but everything could use an update.

1  Thank A_J_Mann

Dear A_J_Mann,

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the view from your room. We look at all feedback very carefully so we can ensure that we are providing the best possible experience for our guests, so I thank you for your detailed and honest feedback.

We hope we can welcome you back soon, and I would love for you to reach out to me on david.macklin@fourseasons.com, should you be planning a return visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for our birthdays on 4 & 5 July 2014,great location so close to Rocks/ markets,bars,pubs & restaurants.We arrived early but our room was ready,the foyer was so lovely presented.We thought we only had city view but to our surprise beautiful views of Harbour/Opera house & Circular Quay.The bed was too die for so comfy & was turned down at night by housemaid.Coffee available in foyer in morning which was great too?Bottled water also available on your way out.Staff great nothing a bother went out of there for us,so very impressed would stay here again.They even held our bags after check out time while we explored the Rocks,crossed the Harbour bridge.We really enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views,I think?
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Kym B,

Thank you for your wonderful review and happy belated birthday. I'm glad we were able to be a part of your celebration. We hope we can welcome you back soon!