1,066 results
All reviews hyde park rooftop pool museum train station park view small kitchen full kitchen great room easy walk public transport opera house darling harbour asif iga cbd sauna darlinghurst rocks
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I try to give honest truthful review. Hyde Park Plaza is centrally located, close to Sydney habour, Sydney fish market which will be closed down soon and right inside CBD. So going to supermarkets, China Town and malls is convenient. But prices are high for food stuff. Supermarket prices are compared against Singapore. Bread 2x, Eggs 2.5X, Vegetable 2x, Chilli 6x, Rice 5x. Lunch cooked food cheapest I encountered is 2.5x - 5x.

Hyde Park Plaza is a service apartment that is not operated by a single management. Some floors have apartment units owned by other realtor. So when people complain against Hyde Park Plaza be fair and state whether it is building owner or other realtor agency. I stayed in room 701, door lock is using key... Owner apartments are using card key systems. Observe the difference? My room is for a single person, spacious clean. I am not one going for luxury. View is good and reasonably quiet, sometimes I hear people partying and some people shouting at night in the car park. Generally, its tolerable.

I got to say the concierge staff are excellent, I am not their guest but they assist me to call the land lady who operate my room. I even asked for a paper clip which they don't hesitate to provide. Both times are different staff, 1 lady and 1 man. I give a big thumbs up to Hyde Park Plaza staff.

I don't wanna put photos of my room as its not the same nor the quality of the actual operator. I will still be in this hotel / service apartment until 8 Oct 2017. BTW, its close to bus services going Broadway and CBD. Walking distant to China Town, Near central train station and 45 mins walk to Sydney habour my walking speed.

Room Tip: Book with the building operator, not the sublet operators.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Asif A, Manager at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property Oaks Hyde Park Plaza.
We are pleased to hear about your most recent experience at our property and I will be glad to pass on your positive words to the staff at Front Office for their service.
We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Had a horrible stay there, the major problem is the noise, even I am in a room on level 11, still I can hear the noise of the traffic on the road very clearly, I guess it is possibly because this place is too close to a major intersection and the windows is not double glazed. I usually don't have trouble felling asleep but has been finding it very difficult there.

Also, the room wasn't cleaned well, when I get to the room for the first day, I can see a lot of long hairs in the bathroom, I didn't bother to call the reception but just removed those hair, they were everywhere, on the wall, on the floor ... I don't understand how did the cleaner do the job there.

Won't stay there again and would recommend everyone to avoid staying there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Asif A, Front Office Manager at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I'm disappointed to know of the experience you had whilst staying at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza and that your sleep was disturbed due to traffic noise.

Our friendly Reception staff have always been proactive at finding the best solution to such guest concerns by organising a quieter room away from the traffic noise.

I wish to apologise for the cleanliness of the apartment as this does not sound like of the Oaks standard. I wish to advise that there are also private apartments being rented out within the building that are not under Oaks Management.

However, I would like to investigate this matter further and appreciate if you could email me your booking details to fomhydepark@theoaksgroup.com.au at your earliest convenience.

Again, I apologise for the issues faced during your stay and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bonny Zhao

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I would like here to say "Thank You" to Mr. Dieter, the night shift front desk staff, for his assistance and help on 19 Aug when we were so desperate that we had no place to stay. Actually, we rented an apartment in the same building. Unfortunately, we couldn't find the host to get in. We were sitting at the lobby to deal with the issue for a long time and so Mr. Dieter came to us sincerely to understand what had happened and lent us a helping hand by asking his colleague to help. He also checked proactively if there was any vacant room in case we needed. Finally, our issue couldn't be solved and Mr. Dieter offered us a discount for a room, which was the last one at that night, and sent a person to bring us to the room and he and his colleague help us setting the extra bed too. It was already after midnight. I am so touching with his big help at this desperate midnight and really feel the warmth he gives us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post.

It's delightful to know of the exceptional customer service received from Dieter at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza. Oaks Hyde Park Plaza is known to provide above and beyond customer service and I'm glad it was demonstrated during your time of need.

I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to Dieter who is an asset to the Oaks Hyde Park Plaza team and personally thank him for his efforts.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Sydney.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Ok so i stayed here last week and found it a great little hotel. Nice room if a bit dated. Spacious bedroom etc etc

So back here for the week. And what do i get a upgraded room *

Upgraded room * = we over sold your room type so we are sticking you somewhere else.

For me that is a 2 bedroom apartment. Unfortunately i dont need a second bedroom or kitchen that is as big as a three bedroom house. What i need is a nice bedroom and bathroom. That why i booked my original room.

Unfortunately this bedroom is small, i had to move the side table to get my bag in after i closed the door whilst holding my bag. Then had to dump in on the floor as no where to unpack. Of course that means i cant exit from one side of the bed because the walls are close shall we say.

So shower time, yeah again cant close the door without standing next to the toilet but then i cant reach it so have to sit on the toilet to shut the door so i can then get into the shower as the entrance is behind the door.

Get in the shower but hot water keeps stopping so shower goes hot/ cold/ hot/ warm/ f hot/ f cold. So i get out.

Headout for dinner and try and grab reception but busy on a call must be a funny customer lots of laughing, no one else around.

Finally back from dinner (i know i wasted a huge kitchen) talk to reception who admits they over booked. Unfortunately as i am saying so many nights i cant get the room i booked for all nights. WTF?

So i think he said your staying to long so we are treating you worse that someone who booked one night. Well thats what i heard.

So in bed have already decided i will never be back here again only to find my large bed is two singles with a rock hard join where they have been pushed together.

Never again, now to see if i can un book the rest of my week.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Asif A, Front Office Manager at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Garth M,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your current stay at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza.

I apologise that the room you checked into last night did not meet your expectations and that we were unable to accommodate you in the room type you had booked. From time to time, we do give our valued guests a complimentary upgrade to more spacious apartments in hopes to improve their experience whilst staying at our property however based on your review, it appears we were unsuccessful in this instance.

I am concerned about the difficulties you are facing in terms of manoeuvring whilst staying in a 2 bedroom apartment by yourself as this apartment is capable of sleeping up to 5 guests. We have not had any complaints in the past in regards to the size of our 2 bedroom apartments and majority of our guests have been happy with this aspect of the apartment.

I do apologise for the misunderstanding in relation to our conversation that took place last night and I did mention we are able to move you into the smaller apartment you booked for the remaining 2 nights of your stay (Your stay is a total of 3 nights). I assure you all staff at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza provide the best customer service we possibly can no matter the length of stay and this is evident based on our TripAdvisor reviews from many of our satisfied guests.

As you have stayed with us previously, you would know about the bedding arrangement as it would have been the same with the last apartment you stayed in. The beds are set up this way so we are able to cater for guests who require 2 single beds instead of the king.

Again, thank you for your review and you are welcome to speak with me at Reception upon your return from work tonight should you wish to move into the smaller apartment for the remaining 2 nights of your stay.

Bonny Zhao

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My stay at oaks hyde park was actually not that bad given some of the reviews I've read. The bed was extremely comfortable, the guy at the concierge was extremely helpful.

It was a 12 min walk to work so everything was really close by.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Asif A, Manager at Oaks Hyde Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property.

We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was convenient and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Sydney.