InterContinental Sydney
QT Sydney(Sydney)
US$256
US$197
  • Room Service
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
US$206
US$295
US$229
Agoda.com
4,797 results
All reviewsthe club loungeopera housecircular quaybotanical gardensharbour bridge view roomtreasury buildingmeat winewindow seattop floorseafood buffethigh tearooftop barfive star hotelshower curtaincorner roomlate checkoutan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Sydney Intercontinental for 2 nights in May 2014.
Whilst the hotel is everything you would expect from a Top Class Hotel, I had a major issue on my flight to Sydney where I unfortunately smahed my laptop screen.
Upon arrival I exp;ained that I would require the necessary cables to connect my computer to one of the hotel rooms TV's at 10:00 at night.
Milos (Manger On Duty) and his team went to every effort to assit me as I had urgent work to do. Concierge came to my room and installed all the necessary cabling until my computer was working.
They were a life saver.
Would recommend this hotel as not only is the hotel a beautiful place to stay in the heart of Sydney, but I have always found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jarrad M
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Jarradm

I was very pleased to read we were able to assist you at such a stressful time.

Very pleased you enjoyed being with us and even more pleased that we able to resolve your problem

Thank you for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Joerg Boeckeler.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The InterContinental Sydney is an interesting combination of an old historical building which has been combined with a multi story modern hotel which produces an excellent ground floor reception area and meeting point.
The service is 1st class and the location next to the botanical gardens and within five minutes walk of the Sydney Opera House and ferry terminals is excellent.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated next to a busy road so the higher floors are quieter--our room overlooking the botanical gardens had superb views of the harbour and we could just see the Opera House--it was a good size and contained two queen size beds which were extremely comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Westcountryman

Dear Westcountryman

Pleased you enjoyed the combination of the historical and modern style of the hotel as well as our hospitality. Thank you for sharing.

Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights with a friend to finish off our east coast adventure and to finish our travels with some luxury. Location to opera house and shops is perfect. Room was cosy and bed was very comfortable but no wow factor.
To treat ourselves we booked a massage on our last day, unfortunately they had gotten the times mixed up and my masseuse turned up a half an hour after. Since we had planned a busy day I said I could only now have a massage for 30 minutes and at this stage the excitement of having the massage had worn off and I was just annoyed. The other masseuse that started at our arranged time went over her time by about ten minutes so my massage was continued until she had finished so I had 40 mins.
As a good will gesture I assumed I was only going to be charged for the 30 mins that I had then agreed to but no I was billed for the 40 mins, which was disappointing and mean, especially after all the hustle of people walking in and out of the room to talk to me and check if the other persons massage had finished.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank heatherDheather
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear HeatherDheater

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are pleased you did enjoy the location of the hotel and your accommodation.

With regards to your massage experience, it was most disappointing to read of the issues encountered and we can only apologise on behalf of the operator of this area which is managed and operated entirely separate to the hotel. Please rest assured we have advised the Owner / Manager of your review.

We do hope you enjoyed your visit to Sydney and hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

At the Intercontinental Sydney we found a hotel that was run very well. Right from the moment we checked in Luke informed us about the hotel and we just loved his fun loving attitude. We completed the formalities and went straight to the Concierge's desk, their James booked us the best seats in the house for Ballet at the Sydney Opera House. We reached our room on the 29th floor only to find that our bags had beaten us to it. On switching on the tv there was a nice welcome message flashing for me, nice touch! The room had a city view and was well decorated but was not the newest. Lighting in the room was good and the electric blinds were a convenient feature.
Our favourite part of the room was the toilet. It had a his and hers rain shower and the mirror of the bath was a sliding door which could be slid open to watch tv etc. I found that this was better than having a glass separator as the sinks could be accessed from outside and the opening made interaction between the room and the bathroom interesting. Again, just like staying in any 5 star the amenities and the towels were of top quality. The bed linen was crisp and white and the bed and pillows very comfy, they even had a pillow menu to choose from.
We used the gym and the pool on the 31st floor which was excellent. one suggestion of mine would be to break the walls and make the windows of the swimming pool area ceiling to floor as the viewsof the harbour bridge and opera house are worth a million dollars. This would enable guests to look at the awesome view while enjoying a refreshing swim.
The location of the hotel is one of the best. Walking distance from the Opera House, The Rocks and Darling Harbour. It cannot get any better.

Room Tip: get the rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Sashboy

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and it was very pleasing to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us.

We certainly shall take on board your suggestion of floor to ceiling windows in the pool area when we next update this area.

Thank you again for letting us know of your experience as well as your suggestion.

We do look forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Starting with check in which was unprofessional, no receipt after paying half in cash. The staff are young with attitude and no idea this is meant to be a 4.5 or 5 star according to assistant manager hotel. No directions given to the lifts and using the card . The female sauna room had 2 guys using it as there are no signs indicating the male amenities that are clear.
Tim the duty manager from the cortile was rude when we wanted to have "special cocktails" which was advertised in the service directory left in our room . He dismissed us and said no your wrong it's in the meat and wine co . The rooms are so small no ventilation and if you like a medium or firm pillow forget it

Room Tip: Boutique hotel Sir Stamford hotel have verandas
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RayRach

Dear Ray Rach

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay during the weekend and please accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointment experienced.

I would like to clarify though the reason on check in that you did not receive a receipt is because of pre-authorisation on check in, funds are held not charged to cover your stay and on check out charges are then applied with a receipt being provided on check out. This is a very normal procedure in all hotels.

We are rather confused by your statement of "2 guys in the sauna" as the sauna is located within the ladies change room / toilets with signage clearly advising this.

I am very sorry for any confusion with regards to cocktails being available in The Cortile, we do have an extensive beverage offering available in this area at all times.

I would also like to let you know for future reference that we do have a pillow menu available in all rooms for guests who have special pillow requests.

Again our apologies for any disappointment experienced and we do hope to welcome your return.