So I read the reviews here on trip advisor and decided I would give the macleay hotel a try. I have been living in Au for a while and my wife was traveling over from the states to visit me for part of my R&R before a week in Fiji. A few weeks before our trip I called the hotel and spoke to a gentleman from sweeden that was working the desk. I asked him several questions about the hotel and about arranging transportation to the hotel from the airport. After a few minutes I had all the information that I needed. Boy was I surprised during check in when it was the same gentleman helping me get checked in that I had spoken to on the phone and he remembered our conversation. I can not stress how helpful he was and friendly he was. I found all the staff to be very helpful.
If you are wondering how to get to the hotel then I can tell you the 3 options that you have. Taxi= approx $45, train $17 or a group shuttle which I recomend $12. The shuttle can be arranged at the airport and the hotel will arrange your return transfer.
Now on to what everyone wants to know about the hotel.
Location. This hotel was very close to everything we wanted to do. It's about a 10 min walk to kingscross train station, 3 mins to the bus stop and is within walking distance to many other places. The only downside to its location is on a friday or saturday night the traffic coming out of kingscross can be kind of loud.
View. We had a room on the 6th floor and had a nice view from our room.
Room. The room had everything we needed. The bed was fairly comfortable. Room was clean. Kitchen supplies were a nice bonus. The bathroom is a bit dated and the shower is small but it worked for everything we needed.
The hotel offers free wifi in the lobby area which is a very nice bonus in australia as it seems everyone wants to charge for internet.
At the end of our trip we were coming back from Fiji and staying in Sydney for a few more nights and I made the mistake of not booking the Macleay Hotel for our return trip. I will not mention the hotel we stayed at for the return trip but you can look at my other reviews to find out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Macleay has one of Sydney's most coveted locations in stylish Potts Point, with captivating views of Sydney Harbour or The Brige & Opera House. The views and location are million dollar, but the rates for our self contained studio apartments with kitchen are very affordable. You can stroll to Sydney's most famous landmarks, walk to Circular Quay or be in the heart of the city in just five minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macleay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macleay Serviced Apartment Sydney
- Hotel Macleay Serviced Apartment