“Poor Service”

Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place
Ranked #90 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The apartments are clean and tidy and the location is fabulous although if you are a light sleeper the noise would be an issue. As I wear ear plugs I had no trouble sleeping. The service on the other hand was below average. Both the evening that we arrived and when checking out the next morning. The front desk staff were not very helpful, seemed to be an issue asking for any information and gob smakingly rude the next day when checking out. Would not stay there again as there are so many places to choose from where the service is much better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear WSSmith1,
thank you for taking the time out to write your review.
Frankly I'm surprised about your comments on the service. My Team have had nothing but praise from guests in regards to helpfulness.
Please accept my apology for your experience.
I will go through your review with my Team in order for them to get back up on their toes.
Best regards, Warren

Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Three phone calls from reception between 2.45 and 3am! Garbage trucks at 3.30 and 7am. Really hot room but then the air con makes it too cold. To get into the shower you had to step up about one meter, I am short but the shower head was really low so you hit your head on it a few times and when trying to duck under it the large taps are in the way so you hit your arms. There were hairs in the shower and one towel was dirty (you only get two). The level 2 hall was hot and smelly. At $185 a night I expected more. Good location.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear realistic5,
thanks for your review.
Unfortunately these garbage collectors are independent and can come at all times of the night.
However with all the double glazed windows & doors closed it greatly reduces all outside noise.
Please accept my apolgy for the uncleanliness of the shower & the towel.
This will be passed on to our Housekeeping Department.
We do try & keep on top of the cleanliness of our rooms.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I need a convenient place right in the middle of Sydney and found this gem. It was quiet with a great room and kitchette. I wasn't expecting the kitchette but it solved dinner and breakfast issues because there was a storm raging so I was able to eat in and it was so relaxing. The best part was the price - very reasonable....unfortunately there is no car park but I'm assured there are commercial facilities nearby. Nearby also are all the city facilities you could ever want within a short walk. There is also no free WIFI - that's a litte sad these days of computer everything but no big deal. The reception staff are friendly and accomodating....nothing was to hard for them and they securely stored my suitcase while I attended a meeting. I'd certainly stay there again - the room was clean, neat great size and well appointed with table, TV, safe etc. Thanks for a nice stay.

Room Tip: This Hotel is down in Hosking place so it's a bit trick to find. It is off the main street so I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Turkus_Maximus,
thank you for taking the time out to write your review.
We are very happy that you found our property very much to your liking.
I will pass on your comments about the Staff to them.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed for three nights last week and had numerous deliveries of business collateral in advance of my arrival. The front office team were very helpful and delivered each item to my room.

Due to an issue beyond their control I was considering relocating after my first night and the manager Warren was very helpful. Luckily the issue was resolved and I stayed for the full duration of my booking.

There are trains, food court, restaurants, bars and shops very near by so this is a great location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear spinner s,
thank you for taking the time out to write a review.
I will pass on to my team your comments about them.
I too was glad that we could resolve that first night issue.
Look forward to greeting you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Excellent appartments with everything you need - including a washing machine. Large and very nice rooms. The hotel is in the middle of the city - ten minutes walk to the Circular Quay and five minutes walk to the mall and all the shopping opportunities. Darling Harbour is also close.
Staff is very service minded.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear JetteDenmark,
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
I am very happy that you enjoyed our accommodation. I will pass on your comments to my Team.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

A friend and I stayed 6 nights at Medina Serviced Apartment Martin Place. It is not real easy to find coming from the airport, but let the taxi driver know that Hosking Place is basically across the street from Tiffany...and every other high end designer store in Sydney! Located down an alley, surrounded by other high rises, there is no view at all, except into offices buildings. Our corner room on the 6th floor was plain, quiet, and clean. Nothing more. Hotel staff were reserved and professional.

The reason you stay here is that it is very centrally located. Never a problem finding a taxi, steps from the train station, in the middle of a shoppers paradise, surrounded by cafes, restaurants, and all the bustle of the CBD, and less than 20 minutes to the airport.

It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave for our drinks and snacks. Otherwise, our kitchen went unused. Washer and dryer worked fine. Our internet connection, which was an additional charge, really only worked in the bedroom. Besides that, no real complaints.

Room Tip: I would ask for a high floor, corner room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jet Nag

Dear JetNag,
thank you for taking the time out to write a review.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to my Team.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. I have stayed in a number of places around Sydney, and I have to say this is the first I would return to if the price was right. There are so many affordable options in Sydney but you can never be sure about quality. This was right on the money if your interest lies in an apartment that is clean, central, quiet and with suitably modern furnishings. It was a good size room with a decent sized kitchen and bathroom. I actually loved the laneway (christened Diagon alley thanks to the magic shop) - it kept the rooms quiet in the face of being in the middle of the city. You can walk straight through they alley which is very convenient. I slept incredibly well here and otherwise found it clean and a great location, which is all I can really ask for in Sydney. I paid a great price for it on wotif and would happily return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Wanderingjen
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear wanderingjen,
thank you for taking the time out to write a review.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with the Team.