I travel very frequently to Sydney for business reasons and have stayed at the Medina Classic on several occasions.
Rooms aren't very clean, especially the bathrooms, lots of hair in the corners and on the rool (of all places) I would never walk around without shoes on as the carpet has seen better days, the beds are very old and saggy, there are scuff marks on the walls and overall I would say it is quite "grimmy".
I find the rooms to be very very noisy, it is situated up a lane way and during the night you have the garbage trucks emptying the bins, this includes the emptying of glass bins, and that is very loud.
The hot water in the shower takes a long time to kick in and the shower head is so small that you need to perform some sort of magic trick to get all your hair wet.
I often have problems with the card pass not working on the door, this is frustrating as you need to wait an incredibly long time for the lift to come.
Not somewhere that I would recommend to business people as you are guaranteed to get a night of constant interruption.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medina Classic Martin Place Hotel Sydney
- Medina Classic Martin Place Sydney