Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour
Ranked #25 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Love it!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in March 2013. It was my second stay here and I still enjoyed it and would return again. I love the location, the views and the lovely clean rooms that are equipped with everything you could possibly need while on holiday ( I reckon I could quite easily live there!). I stayed in a premier one bedroom apartment facing onto the wildlife world, I could hear all the animals and birds from my balcony and could also see straight into the koala enclosure ( so cute!) and also see some of the harbour. Of an evening it's so nice to just stroll down to the harbour for something to eat ( 'I'm Angus' steakhouse was our favourite). The only bad points are that if you want wifi in your room it's expensive - I paid $60 for 3 days,that's a bit steep as most hotels now offer it for free. Also I'd booked months in advance and asked for twin beds but they left it right until we got in our room to come up and separate the beds. But I would still stay here time and time again.

Stayed March 2013
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.
It's great to see that you have returned a second time all the way from the UK and we hope we will see you again if you have the opportunity to come back to Australia.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in march for a conference and had a great stay. We had delegates fly in from all over the world and every bit of our time here was amazing. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, facilities were great full kitchen, dining laundry and balcony. The apartment was quiet even though we where facing darling harbour. We were in a full package in the conference and had breakfast, lunch and breaks from the Cafe next door. The food was great and I have to say they coped well with the numbers - I think it was 70 of us on the first day!
the staff on the desk was great and assisted us with sightseeing for our last day in Sydney before our flight back to Brazil.
I hope I have the opportunity to return to Sydney and Adina one day!
Eduardo

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Please be assured that I will share your comments in relation to the cafe with the team at Mezbah, the outsourced cafe onsite.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside and Sydney again.

Melbourne
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Clean but basic hotel. No assistance with bags, threadbare towels, average service at attached breakfast cafe. Quiet rooms, generic cheap furniture. Didn't get to try the gym. Pretty sure wifi was an additional charge.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.
I'm pleased to read that you found the apartment clean and quiet.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel on 9249 7000 if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Gympie, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Absolutely loved every second of our stay here, shame it was only for one night!!
The staff were brilliant, each and every one of them!! We have stayed in a total of six different
places in Darling Harbour, and this is by far the best!!! We had room 109 and it was brilliant!
Great location. Can't recommend highly enough, will definitely be back!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda L
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review.
It's great to read that we are now your preferred Darling Harbour hotel.
I hope you are able to find a time to come back with your daughter soon - please do not hesitate to contact myself directly to ensure a similar room type is booked.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed at the adina in king street wharf in march this year and had an amazing stay. Arrived in the afternoon and checked straight into our room - stayed on level 4 in a room facing the aquarium. Our room was a premier grand studio and offered the facilities of an apartment with washing machine and kitchen. Tip is book this room if you want the apartment facilities but paying slightly less than a 1 bedroom apartment! Service was great - every staff member had a smile on their face and they went out of their way to assist. They told us all the best ways to travel and what passes to buy instead of us getting a ticket to each way - YES you can travel around Sydney on a budget!
I would love to come back next time we are in Sydney and would definitely recommend.
See you next time!

Room Tip: Premier grand studios are great
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ala M
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review on Tripadvisor.
I'm pleased to see that you found our Premier Grand Studio room comfortable for your stay.
I am also very happy to read your positive comments in regards to the service you received from all departments and that they were able to provide you with great tips for your travelling needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside when you are in Sydney next!

Tokyo
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Staying here on a Friday night in March 2013 was a very bad experience. The bathroom smelled terrible on arrival, and there were so few staff that the phone was never picked up on my several attempts to call reception. They charge $25 each day for the very slow Internet, and limit you to two devices per room (luckily my kids weren't with me). In the morning, if you leave after 10 am, they charge you a late check-out fee, which they don't tell you about when you check in. There are no blankets on the bed or in the room, just a thin sheet, and very few towels in the bathroom.

The only good point is the location - close to the King Street Wharf.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.
It appears there were some problems during your stay which is not the true Adina experience. I would appreciate if you could contact me either via phone or email so I could learn more about your stay: mwigley@adinahotels.com.au.

Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel is quite lovely. It really is what you expect when it says apartment. It has a large open space with dining table and lounges with a tv and walks out onto a balcony overlooking the wildlife world and darling harbour.The bedroom had a large king bed and bedside tables also fitted with a tv on the wall. The kitchenette had a tall fridge with mini bar facilities and the bathroom was large and had washer dryer in it too. On the other side of the hotel is a bar but darling harbour is filled with great restaurants. The Adina has parking at about $35-40 per night and there is not much street parking the closest train station could be Wynard on the circular quay side which is only about a 15min walk. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank amylee91
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside on your next visit to Sydney!