Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour
US$169
US$275
US$183
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$280
US$156
  • Breakfast included
2,311 results
All reviewsdarling harbourgreat locationking st wharfking streetdouble glazingconvenience storefull kitchenwashing machine and dryerrestaurants and barsminute walkeasy accessgood sizegreat roomwynyard stationstayed here for nightswould stay againopera house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed here over new years 2012/2013. Just a short review to say we had no problems or issues whatsoever. The room was amazing, well furnished and with pretty much everything you need for a self catering apartment. It was cosy with a modern feel.

We were lucky with the view from our balcony which overlooked the harbour and aquarium.

Clean, sophisticated and lovely atmosphere. Just a short walk to the harbour and to the main shopping area.

Can't speak any more highly of this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review.
We are happy to see you found our apartments amazing and clean.
The outlook from your apartment is indeed great with the balcony being the perfect viewing platform for the fireworks on both New Years eve as well as every Saturday night in Darling Harbour.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside sometime in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed overnight with friends before our cruise. Friendly check in, comfortable beds & pillows, superb apartments. No hassle in storing our luggage after check out until we picked them up on way to board our cruise ship. Excellent location. Will definitely be staying there again when next in Sydney

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Woo1949
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review.
We are pleased to read that you found our apartments comfortable and team friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four weeks from mid april-mid may whilst transitioning job roles and really enjoyed the stay. Arrived at 9pm on a Friday night after driving from Melbourne having left the same day and was very tired. Was welcomed by a friendly smile from the man behind the check in desk and hats off to him for a quick correction to an error made in the booking around frequently flyer points and a little info on the hotel before being given my room key and heading to park my car.

The car park underneath is easy to find however the card readers used to access are a awkward to access from your car without performing a few turns and driving on the wrong side of the road. They are also quite sensitive with more than a few attempts needed to get the first gate to open, the second gate had similar problems and from coming and going in the following days, other clients seemed to have the same issues as well. The car park for Adina has quite a few private parking signs everywhere, even the car park i had been told to park in had a Private Parking "Not Adina" sIgn posted above it but i parked anyway and haven't had my car towed yet! Could be confusing and end up bad if you do pick the wrong spot though.

Heading up to the room, the issue with the card keys and the card reader in the carpark happened again, this time in the elevator, and a few attempts were needed to make it work. Once i got to the room I was pleasantly surprised. Not having booked the room and not knowing what i was in for, I found a large 1 bedroom studio with a nice balcony. The walls are a bit scuffed but that is all I can find wrong with the room. Nice sized kitchen to cook for yourself if you feel like it. The balcony on my room which was on the opposite side to the aquarium didn't get much sun, which was disappointing, with only a small amount coming through between 3:30pm and 5pm, the rest of the day it was blocked out by sky scrapers. The Sun also happened to shine through the windows fully at those hours and the positioning of the tv and lounge in this room meant that if you were watching tv, the sun shines right into your eyes if the blinds are open. Mildly annoying.

Working in Epping, I opted to catch the train to work than face Sydney's infamous traffic. Wynyard station is a ten minute walk away, not far at all. It is all up hill on the way though which was fine as a wake up in the morning, and the downhill run welcome in the afternoon. Kings Wharf and darling harbor are a stones through away, full of restaurants and bars and places to sit and watch the water. Casino is a bit of a walk but not to far, maybe 15mins if you cross the bridge. Ferries to Circular Quay and Luna park arr about 400m away.

The convenience stores nearby are quite pricey (almost as expensive as the stuff in the mini bar) so A walk to Coles or Woolworths is a good option. Again up hill on the way there and Down hill on the way back so easy whilst carrying groceries. The internet in the room for my stay was included as the price as a long term guest, as was the parking so that was a welcome relief. However I could only connect two devices without having to pay more, so i connected my laptop and ipod wirelessly on the first night. It wasn't until I went to connect my laptop through the lan network that i realized that I had to pay more to simply use the cable which i found a bit harsh as its the same device I had connected earlier just wirelessly.

As for the sights of sydney, The Harbour bridge and Opera house are about 15-20mins walk away respectivly, a nice stroll on a sunny day. Ferry to manly leaves from Cirqular Key so either a ferry ride to there from near the hotel or a train from town hall will get you there. The Star Casino is close by as is everything else in darling harbour, and the Pitt Street Mall and Westfield Sky Tower are also close.

Have thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel and hope the next two weeks are just as joyful. Well done to the staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very detailed review on Tripadvisor.
I'm pleased to see you are enjoying your stay - please do not hesitate to contact reception if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We checked in for four nights and after the first night had an issue with our room. I called reception to alert them to the issue and spoke directly with Malin Wrigley the Hotel Manager. All I can say is wow! Malin and team really get what customer care is all about. I was instantly offered a different room and met by Malin to sort out the issue, I was very impressed with her, what an asset to the business. The new room was great, modern and clean and the hotel very central to CBD and Darling Harbour. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Mike,

I'm so pleased to read that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable.
I appreciated your constructive feedback during your stay and I can assure you all comments were taken on board.
We would love to accommodate you on your next visit to Australia - please do not hesitate to contact myself directly as per details given to you.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Overlooking Darling harbour in Sydney, these apartments are superb. We weren't overlooking the bay which was a pity, but still if I leaned out the balcony with my wife holding on to my legs I could see the sea. It is best that if you do this you be on good terms with your wife. Staff excellent, service terrific....

Room Tip: Smile on arrival
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Malin W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your great review.
We are pleased to read you found the service terrific and our team great.
Perhaps on your next visit you can book one of our Premier View 1 bedroom apartments that all have partial harbour view - this should definately ensure you remain on good terms with your wife:)