We stayed here for 3 nights recently for a mini-holiday. The location is amazing - right on Darling Harbour, next door to the Aquarium and Wildlife Zoo, and in easy walking distance of The Rocks, the city and Circular Quay (which was handy as we took the ferry from there to Taronga Zoo - fantastic).
The hotel was nicely presented and the staff were very professional and welcoming, happy to help whenever they could. We had booked a standard one bedroom apartment but were advised on arrival that we'd been upgraded to a premier one bedroom apartment which gave us a bit more of a view. Really appreciated that. There was no hotel noise and I could only hear a distant hum of the traffic and activities outside from our top floor location.
The apartment itself was beautifully clean and at the risk of sounding a bit weird, I have to say the towels were the nicest, fluffiest towels I've ever had provided at a hotel! I won't bore you with all the inclusions - they are on the website - but the apartment had everything we could need for our holiday, which just made it easier to relax, go sightseeing and explore local restaurants!
There is a restaurant downstairs, Mezbah, which you can dine in or order room service from - we did both. The service was consistently good, and the food was really lovely, particularly the bread, dips, and breakfast board. They were also able to provide us with a highchair which was great - always makes dining out a little bit easier.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to be close to Darling Harbour and the city, including families with kids. We will return here next time we visit Sydney. Thanks to all the staff at Adina for a great stay.
- Deals: Bookings can be made via a variety of booking sites including the TFE hotels website. At the time I booked all the prices were about the same, but have a look, and if there are no deals have a look to see if there is a discount offered on full rates if you subscribe to the TFE newsletter.
- Cot bedding: It was only $5/night to get a cot (big enough for age 2 and under) supplied which was great. The only bedding it came with was a big sheet. I don't know if they have any other bedding because we didn't ask - we had a cot blanket, but you may need to bring your own cot bedding or ask for more if you need.
- Ferries: Have a look at the ferries website at fares - on Sundays you can get $2.50 ferry tickets :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Toga Hotels, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medina Grand Harbourside Sydney
- Medina Grand Harbourside Hotel Sydney