“Improvement needed overall” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Auckland, New Zealand
“Improvement needed overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

On arrival I was dealt with by an unfriendly, unhelpful individual. The check-in process seemed to be a tick box exercise with a no care, no responsibility approach. The only positive part of the experience was being told that I had been upgraded from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom.
Room was very spacious however both bathrooms were in need of a deep clean! The lounge area consisted of a 3 seater lounger and some type of aluminuim framed couch that could seat 3 adults comfortably but unfortunately on attempt to use it I discovered that all the bracketing was broken and it was totally unusable.
This property was one of the more expensive options I was given by the travel agent so made my decison based on tripadvisor feedback (normally reliable) and the hotel website. Given I paid just under $300 a night for the room I was disappointed in the service I received and the state of the room I was allocated. Have had better experiences at properties where Ive paid half the price.

NOTE: This is a Non Smoking property (Balconies Included)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank lIlNayZ
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear lIlNayZ,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable and well positioned. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and its features as well as the service. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible. We hope and always try to provide the best customer service as we have always been of the belief that this one thing makes anyone's trip to our hotel this much more special. I am still of the very strong opinion that our team is made of great hospitality employees that are willing to assist at all times. I am sorry to see that on this occasion we have underperformed however.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as comfortable as possible. I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

everything is good, except our apartment is next to staff room or store (don't really know what is that room for, but there are lots of staff in and out from the room and it can be noisy at times).

very good location, convenient, old hotel but good maintenance, modern apartment.

Thanks for the great experience :)

Room Tip: higher floor with harbour view would be even better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear carrie_qiqi,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.

Wagga Wagga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Easy to find, great room and view, great location, friendly, respectful and responsive staff. Easy to walk about the CBD, shops and tourist sites. Looking forward to my next visit to Sydney and more shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Dianne M W,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Nelson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were in Sydney for just 4 days. The apartment had a great view, was central to everything we wanted to do, clean, well thought out. Just perfect for what we needed. Will absolutely stay there again if I ever get to Sydney.

Dear SkateKiwi2014,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. On behalf of the team members, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Charlestown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

All were good except the beginning. We received the room key after 50 minutes of the check-in time of 2.00 p.m. on 19 June 2014. I was with two kids aged 1 and 2 years. I never had such an experience earlier!!!!

Dear Mohammad H,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that your stay was comfortable. I also thank you for your comments on your check in process. It is not a standard here and we will endeavour to improve as soon as possible. I do apologise for the delay with your check in though.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We loved our accommodation, very happy for the upgrade to 2 bedroom apartment. The service was great, the apartment was amazing! Everything very clean and well maintained. Thanks guys for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brelly77,

Thank you so much for your truly great feedback! We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.

Crib Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Absolutely wonderful location and place. Perfect for a city stay. I stayed for two nights and enjoyed both nights without any worries. The pool,sauna and gym are great facilities, very new and nice quality. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone I know.

Dear Jessica C,