“Excellent accomodation”

Ranked #52 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Sussex Inlet, Australia
“Excellent accomodation”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Great location, perfect rooms for family's or romantic night away. Very clean, had everything we needed. There is nothing at all i did'nt like about the Adina. Secure parking. The staff were more than helpful. EXCELLENT!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Holidays20132013,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are all very happy that the level of service you received throughout the entire stay was very good and that you were happy with the quality of our accommodation. I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our team in such a nice way. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Yokine
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Overall our trip to Sydney and stay in the Adina was let down as a result of two key issues with the hotel;
1 - Air conditioning was disabled in rooms and you had to call reception everytime you wanted to cool the room (including during the night). Our room was regularly over 25c which is unacceptable with a you infant. Trust you customers to appropriately use air con.
2 - If you book a taxi for guests use a reputable taxi firm (or do not provide this service). We booked a car with a rear facing child seat for our trip to the airport. The car that arrived did not have a rear facing safety compliant seat and the concierge's effort to try and rectify this situation (2 hours before our departure) were abysmal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Andy526,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.
I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.. We are happy to see that you have found our hotel to be well positioned and maintained.
I'm sorry to see that we have not met your expectations in terms of service, especially when organising a taxi with a baby capsule. I can only confirm that we have made all necessary arrangements when booking your taxi. This hotel does not own or is closely associated with a taxi service. We were very much expecting this service to be appropriate, when making your booking. I'm very sorry it happened to be that the car sent to provide the service wasn't equipped with a seat you expected it to be equipped with. I trust that our team tried very hard to rectify the problem when it became clear there is a problem.
I have also noted your comments regarding air conditioning system at the hotel. I wanted to assure you that I will pass your comments on to the relevant department to ensure that all rooms are checked and that all air conditioning controllers work in order. We have naturally checked your apartment after this comment, but it appears that everything worked in order. Our air conditioning system is designed to warm up apartments in winter and cool them down in warmer months. While you were at the hotel temperature outside the hotel was around 5 to 10 degrees centigrade. The hotel was set to warm up apartments. To cool the temperature down in the apartment air conditioning setting should have to be changed to a fan mode, something I understand we have suggested. I do however apologise for this part of your hotel experience.
All your comments will be discussed with all our team members to ensure that we will improve our service qualities in the future.
Dittisham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Very accessible for CBD, Darling Harbour and about 15 to 20 minute walk to the Harbour Bridge and Opera House.

The apartment was a good size, very comfortable and had pretty good facilities. We were on 21st floor with balcony overlooking darling harbour to the left. Traffic was a little noisy with the patio doors open, and still a little noisy with them shut, but I do live in the countryside with no noise at all. It wasn't so noisy that I couldn't sleep though (after I got over the jet lag!)

Overall a really good hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear RugbyMJR,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that your family holiday was such a great fun.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Kamarah
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Overall, this was a pleasant experience staying at the Adina. Position in the city is excellent, close to shops, Darling Harbour, trains, pubs, cafes and attractions. Room was clean and spacious. Hopefully will stay again.

Dear Kathy M,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have found our hotel to be so well maintained, comfortable and in a great location.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Location is great, right in the heart of the city, restaurants everywhere within walking distance. But be mindful if you are like me and are up here for 2 weeks, the basic studio room is exactly that. It's a lot smaller than a normal hotel room and only really has a microwave and nothing else. I wouldn't stay here again in this sort of room, it's way too small, there is not even an armchair or couch to watch TV so you're forced to just sit on your bed and enjoy the view of the concrete wall outside the window. You'll find a bigger room for less in the area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Buzzie1,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased to see that you have found our hotel to be well positioned, but are sorry to see that you have found our rooms to be small and basic. Generally 1 and 2 bedroom apartments offer more living space, greater range of cooking facilities and/or laundry facilities. Our room and apartment range is well described on our website.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be more enjoyable as the one that you have described above.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The Adina Apartment Hotel in Sydney is well located for business, and is clean and comfortable. Despite the obviously 90s decor in the rooms, it still felt somewhat fresh, even though the bath/shower felt like the enamel was bubbling up under the feet.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear djreptar,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that your stay was comfortable. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and its features. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible.

Singapore
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Enjoyable overall. Will not hesitate to stay in the apartment again.

One possible area of improvement may be to indicate the likely daily room cleaning time or procedure. I was worried that room cleaning service may not be rendered as we remain in the room if they were to pop by.

Dear wkteo,